View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 2:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Prediction: Detroit at Dallas 

Who will win in week four?
Detroit 80%  80%  [ 39 ]
Dallas 14%  14%  [ 7 ]
Too close to call 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 49

Prediction: Detroit at Dallas 
RIP Killer

Post Prediction: Detroit at Dallas
Tell us your prediction.

I say the Lions go 4-0 in Dallas, but win a close game. Dallas' defense can still bring pressure, but their secondary is hurting, BIG time.

Their offensive line is in disarray, and they are without Miles Austin. However, Felix Jones and DeMarco Murray are a dangerous back combination that could cause some problems for the Lions.

Take Romo out of the game? No, I'd rather not see Kitna replace him. Former Lions QBs usually hurt us in a big way.

Lions 27
Cowboys 23

September 27th, 2011, 9:39 am
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Prediction: Detroit at Dallas
I think this one really comes down to the start for us. In weeks 2 and 3 we got gashed early by the run but then completely stuffed it the rest of the game. We were lucky in both games to just give up FG's rather than touchdowns.

September 27th, 2011, 9:45 am
National Champion

EDIT- Eh, didn't watch the MNF game. Can Romo stay in the whole game? Can Dallas kick 8 or 9 FGs?

I think we may have a Kitna sighting next week.

30-13 Detroit.

Last edited by Hystrix on September 27th, 2011, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 27th, 2011, 9:45 am
RIP Killer

I think both teams need to be worried about the OL in this game. I hope the Lions help Backus out with Ware (who the Boys are moving around quite a bit this year). That is my biggest concern. Our safeties also have to contain the TEs.

But, the Cowboys OL looked terrible last night and if Austin is out they don't have a WR threat outside of Dez. Our DL should have a big game.

On offense, I think th Boys have real trouble containing our passing game. I think if the Cowboys don't get some turnovers the Lions pull away. I expect the Cowboys to get one tipped ball pick, but that is about it.

Lions 24 Cowboys 13

September 27th, 2011, 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

The Lions could actually be 4 - 0.... and its not a dream this time :shock: absorbing that a moment.

I read that Romo had two pain killer injections to make it through the Washington game. He really shouldn't even be playing.
I also read that there is an outside chance Nick Fairley makes his debut in a limited role.

I think if Romo does start, he may not finish.

Lions 42
Cowboys 24

September 27th, 2011, 10:10 am
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Romo's ribs aren't going to allow big throws, and our secondary, although they've given a cushion at times, hasn't allowed much if any YAC.

As bad as our rushing has been, Dallas is worse. Last night was the first time Dallas had a run over 10 yards. Their OL hasn't been able to open holes, so it will be interesting to see how our DL can shut down the run, or do they over penetrate like in Minnesota and open holes for huge gains.

Do they have a corner that can cover CJ? No, they're going to have to double or triple, which means big days for Pett/Sheff and Nate/Titus. Best in the screen game can also be very effective against this D.

Our OL doesn't have the same problems as in Minnesota, because the crowd noise is natural, not artificial. Plus the stadium is too big for the noise to have the same effects. The OL can hear the snap counts. Ware will move around, but quick throws and screens will offset the pass rush. I expect Stafford to audible to screens when Ware is on the side of Best.

September 27th, 2011, 10:16 am
Modmin Dude

Another tough road game and another close one........
Lions: 31
Cowboys: 24

Go Lions!!!
headbang.gif

September 27th, 2011, 10:43 am
Heisman Winner

I don't normally make predictions because I'm usually way off base on my predictions. But this year the thoughts I had going into the game have been fairly accurate so I thought I would voice it this time.

I think the Cowboys turned a corner with that tough win yesterday. This will no doubt be our biggest test of the season to date and I don't think the Lions answer the bell after getting down early.

Q1 0-14
Q2 3-24
Q3 10-27
Final 17-27 Cowboys

Even without Austin I think the Cowboys will be scoring TDs on Sunday. The only thing that makes me this the Lions have a chance is that Romo has to play on a short week with those ribs.

September 27th, 2011, 10:48 am
Junior Varsity

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
I don't normally make predictions because I'm usually way off base on my predictions. But this year the thoughts I had going into the game have been fairly accurate so I thought I would voice it this time.

I think the Cowboys turned a corner with that tough win yesterday. This will no doubt be our biggest test of the season to date and I don't think the Lions answer the bell after getting down early.

Q1 0-14
Q2 3-24
Q3 10-27
Final 17-27 Cowboys

Even without Austin I think the Cowboys will be scoring TDs on Sunday. The only thing that makes me this the Lions have a chance is that Romo has to play on a short week with those ribs.

Where do you see Dallas scoring those three TD's? Through the air or on the ground? Just curious about your reasoning. I am just having a hard time seeing three TD's from that offense with Romo's ribs and that terrible O line. They can't run block (or haven't been able to) and Romo will have a hard time throwing.

September 27th, 2011, 11:05 am
Heisman Winner

WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

Q1 0-14
Q2 3-24
Q3 10-27
Final 17-27 Cowboys

Where do you see Dallas scoring those three TD's? Through the air or on the ground? Just curious about your reasoning. I am just having a hard time seeing three TD's from that offense with Romo's ribs and that terrible O line. They can't run block (or haven't been able to) and Romo will have a hard time throwing.

Witten? Jones? Bryant? Defensive TD?

Don't think that just because Romo is banged up that he doesn't have weapons. Like I said it was just my gut feeling on this, I hope I'm wrong, but the Lions haven't put together a full game yet and I feel that they will but together a stinker before they put together the complete game.

September 27th, 2011, 12:50 pm
National Champion

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

Q1 0-14
Q2 3-24
Q3 10-27
Final 17-27 Cowboys

Witten? Jones? Bryant? Defensive TD?

Don't think that just because Romo is banged up that he doesn't have weapons. Like I said it was just my gut feeling on this, I hope I'm wrong, but the Lions haven't put together a full game yet and I feel that they will but together a stinker before they put together the complete game.

My question is this: Can Kitna connect with all those guys?

September 27th, 2011, 1:15 pm
RIP Killer

He has and he will.

September 27th, 2011, 1:33 pm
National Champion

steensn wrote:
He has and he will.

He'd better, because I don't beleive Romo will play much this Sunday...

September 27th, 2011, 1:51 pm
Heisman Winner

Why don't you think he will play? Do you have insider information?

September 27th, 2011, 1:57 pm
Team MVP

After watching Dallas (at home) last night, it really helped me with my prediction. I think our D-line will make a huge impact against their horrible offensive line. Last night, their whole offense were confused and were having huge communication problems. Now, of course theyll more than likely fix that, it still is a concern for them. One thing to consider too, is the Boys have one less day to prepare, and that also means one less day for Romo to heal up.

I think our offensive line needs to have one hell of a good week of practice, because DeMarcus Ware, IMO, is better than Jared Allen. They moved him around last night, so not only does Backus have to be ready, so does Goz (if he starts).

Stafford should have no problem getting the ball out to his receivers like hes been, as long as our O-line can block.

I say with a banged up Romo, bad Dallas O-line, no Austin, and if we can protect Stafford...

LIONS 27 COWBOYS 21

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 27th, 2011, 1:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next