View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 4:58 am



Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Prediction: Detroit at Dallas 

Who will win in week four?
Detroit 80%  80%  [ 39 ]
Dallas 14%  14%  [ 7 ]
Too close to call 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 49

 Prediction: Detroit at Dallas 
Author Message
Water Boy

Joined: September 30th, 2011, 5:43 am
Posts: 5
Post Re: Prediction: Detroit at Dallas
Hey guys...

Sorry I'm late, I just had to take a couple of days to digest that terrible loss...

Well, injuries are certainly no excuse for this loss...

Some will say that "Detroit didn't win as much as Dallas gave the game away"... I'm pretty sure most of you don't buy into this line of thinking, and neither do I... Sure Dallas made mistakes that helped the Lions, but Detroit capitalized on them... Credit has to be given to the Lions defenders for catching the balls that were thrown to them, and at least one of them was a good play by the defender... Also, the Lions didn't collapse, Dallas did... Some will argue, that Dallas is still better, because it took an epic collapse for them to lose to the Lions, but that's BS, the better team is always the team that won and doesn't collapse... The Lions didn't play as well as they could have either, but they collectively found a way to win a tough game on the road... Congrats...

From a Dallas fans perspective, going forward, I'm still mystified by this team and even Romo... We're not dead.... I know what will be said about Romo, pretty much what people have always said, that he's a choker, and they'll use this game as added evidence... I cant defend Romo's performance on Sunday, but Tom Brady threw 4 picks a week ago, I know it wasn't in the epic fail fashion that Romo did it, but still, it does happen everyone sometimes... That said, it does happen to Romo far too much for my liking... Romo's still a very good QB, capable of playing at an elite level, the first 2 and a half quarters showed that on Sunday, but he needs to know how to switch into "bus driver" mode when he's playing with a 24 point lead in the 2nd half... Romo looked pretty healthy out there on Sunday, so I'm happy about that... Robinson had 116 yards, so it looks like we've found our #3, that's good... And the defense played pretty well against a potent offense... Dallas is still only 1 win out of first in their division in which they're currently 1-0...

As for the Lions.... You guys have a really good shot at making the playoffs! I fear the Lions winning the WC over Dallas with this game being the difference... I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys play on MNF... Detroit still has a lot of tough games left to play, but I don't see them fading anytime soon, they've definitely proven that they're mentally tough... The Lions 4-0? WOW! It's well deserved... The best thing if you're a Lions fan? Your team is young, there's a good chance that they'll be even better next year, and they should be competing at a high level for many seasons...

Thanks for all the class and hospitality that you've shown me for the past week, you guys are good dudes and good fans... Again, congrats on a well earned W...

Would love to do this again in January!


Last edited by Ron Paul on October 4th, 2011, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.



October 4th, 2011, 7:15 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: Prediction: Detroit at Dallas
^And that is what a classy post looks like.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


October 4th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2166
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Prediction: Detroit at Dallas
@ron paul, Do you think Dallas should try to groom a new QB next year or are you all in with Romo?

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


October 4th, 2011, 9:56 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2166
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Prediction: Detroit at Dallas
@ Billysims, I saw you had us losing that game in your preseaon predictions. Me too, lol

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


October 4th, 2011, 10:11 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3306
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Prediction: Detroit at Dallas
mwill2 wrote:
^And that is what a classy post looks like.


Very.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 4th, 2011, 10:28 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9848
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Prediction: Detroit at Dallas
Ron Paul wrote:
Hey guys...

Sorry I'm late, I just had to take a couple of days to digest that terrible loss...

Well, injuries are certainly no excuse for this loss...

Some will say that "Detroit didn't win as much as Dallas gave the game away"... I'm pretty sure most of you don't buy into this line of thinking, and neither do I... Sure Dallas made mistakes that helped the Lions, but Detroit capitalized on them... Credit has to be given to the Lions defenders for catching the balls that were thrown to them, and at least one of them was a good play by the defender... Also, the Lions didn't collapse, Dallas did... Some will argue, that Dallas is still better, because it took an epic collapse for them to lose to the Lions, but that's BS, the better team is always the team that won and doesn't collapse... The Lions didn't play as well as they could have either, but they collectively found a way to win a tough game on the road... Congrats...

From a Dallas fans perspective, going forward, I'm still mystified by this team and even Romo... We're not dead.... I know what will be said about Romo, pretty much what people have always said, that he's a choker, and they'll use this game as added evidence... I cant defend Romo's performance on Sunday, but Tom Brady threw 4 picks a week ago, I know it wasn't in the epic fail fashion that Romo did it, but still, it does happen everyone sometimes... That said, it does happen to Romo far too much for my liking... Romo's still a very good QB, capable of playing at an elite level, the first 2 and a half quarters showed that on Sunday, but he needs to know how to switch into "bus driver" mode when he's playing with a 24 point lead in the 2nd half... Romo looked pretty healthy out there on Sunday, so I'm happy about that... Robinson had 116 yards, so it looks like we've found our #3, that's good... And the defense played pretty well against a potent offense... Dallas is still only 1 win out of first in their division in which they're currently 1-0...

As for the Lions.... You guys have a really good shot at making the playoffs! I fear the Lions winning the WC over Dallas with this game being the difference... I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys play on MNF... Detroit still has a lot of tough games left to play, but I don't see them fading anytime soon, they've definitely proven that they're mentally tough... The Lions 4-0? WOW! It's well deserved... The best thing if you're a Lions fan? Your team is young, there's a good chance that they'll be even better next year, and they should be competing at a high level for many seasons...

Thanks for all the class and hospitality that you've shown me for the past week, you guys are good dudes and good fans... Again, congrats on a well earned W...

Would love to do this again in January!


This is a great example of a person who is not just a Dallas fan, but is an NFL fan. A true football fan, and as such, I tip my hat to you sir.

Let me say this in response...your team is suffering through some injuries and growing pains. They had to retool the offensive line, and the secondary will need to be fixed next. However, I think Dallas has some great young talent, particularly with Tyron Smith, Felix Jones, Dez Bryant and particularly Sean Lee. Pair those players with some of the better veterans you have, and Dallas could become a very good team. And while most Dallas fans are railing on Romo this week, they need to remember that he should have never been put in that situation. Dallas had no reason to throw the ball other than fearing that Ryan's defensive scheme wouldn't be able to stop Detroit from scoring once they got rolling. The issue falls with the head coach more so than Romo.

Feel free to stop back any time, and good luck to your team in the future. You're a stand up guy, and that type of fan of ANY team is appreciated around these parts.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


October 4th, 2011, 10:52 pm
Profile
3rd Round Selection

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1129
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Prediction: Detroit at Dallas
m2karateman wrote:
Ron Paul wrote:
Hey guys...

Sorry I'm late, I just had to take a couple of days to digest that terrible loss...

Well, injuries are certainly no excuse for this loss...

Some will say that "Detroit didn't win as much as Dallas gave the game away"... I'm pretty sure most of you don't buy into this line of thinking, and neither do I... Sure Dallas made mistakes that helped the Lions, but Detroit capitalized on them... Credit has to be given to the Lions defenders for catching the balls that were thrown to them, and at least one of them was a good play by the defender... Also, the Lions didn't collapse, Dallas did... Some will argue, that Dallas is still better, because it took an epic collapse for them to lose to the Lions, but that's BS, the better team is always the team that won and doesn't collapse... The Lions didn't play as well as they could have either, but they collectively found a way to win a tough game on the road... Congrats...

From a Dallas fans perspective, going forward, I'm still mystified by this team and even Romo... We're not dead.... I know what will be said about Romo, pretty much what people have always said, that he's a choker, and they'll use this game as added evidence... I cant defend Romo's performance on Sunday, but Tom Brady threw 4 picks a week ago, I know it wasn't in the epic fail fashion that Romo did it, but still, it does happen everyone sometimes... That said, it does happen to Romo far too much for my liking... Romo's still a very good QB, capable of playing at an elite level, the first 2 and a half quarters showed that on Sunday, but he needs to know how to switch into "bus driver" mode when he's playing with a 24 point lead in the 2nd half... Romo looked pretty healthy out there on Sunday, so I'm happy about that... Robinson had 116 yards, so it looks like we've found our #3, that's good... And the defense played pretty well against a potent offense... Dallas is still only 1 win out of first in their division in which they're currently 1-0...

As for the Lions.... You guys have a really good shot at making the playoffs! I fear the Lions winning the WC over Dallas with this game being the difference... I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys play on MNF... Detroit still has a lot of tough games left to play, but I don't see them fading anytime soon, they've definitely proven that they're mentally tough... The Lions 4-0? WOW! It's well deserved... The best thing if you're a Lions fan? Your team is young, there's a good chance that they'll be even better next year, and they should be competing at a high level for many seasons...

Thanks for all the class and hospitality that you've shown me for the past week, you guys are good dudes and good fans... Again, congrats on a well earned W...

Would love to do this again in January!


This is a great example of a person who is not just a Dallas fan, but is an NFL fan. A true football fan, and as such, I tip my hat to you sir.

[...]

Feel free to stop back any time, and good luck to your team in the future. You're a stand up guy, and that type of fan of ANY team is appreciated around these parts.

Spot on M2K. Enjoyed the post Ron, good luck for the rest of the season.


October 5th, 2011, 7:35 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11942
Post Re: Prediction: Detroit at Dallas
UK Lion wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Ron Paul wrote:
Hey guys...

Sorry I'm late, I just had to take a couple of days to digest that terrible loss...

Well, injuries are certainly no excuse for this loss...

Some will say that "Detroit didn't win as much as Dallas gave the game away"... I'm pretty sure most of you don't buy into this line of thinking, and neither do I... Sure Dallas made mistakes that helped the Lions, but Detroit capitalized on them... Credit has to be given to the Lions defenders for catching the balls that were thrown to them, and at least one of them was a good play by the defender... Also, the Lions didn't collapse, Dallas did... Some will argue, that Dallas is still better, because it took an epic collapse for them to lose to the Lions, but that's BS, the better team is always the team that won and doesn't collapse... The Lions didn't play as well as they could have either, but they collectively found a way to win a tough game on the road... Congrats...

From a Dallas fans perspective, going forward, I'm still mystified by this team and even Romo... We're not dead.... I know what will be said about Romo, pretty much what people have always said, that he's a choker, and they'll use this game as added evidence... I cant defend Romo's performance on Sunday, but Tom Brady threw 4 picks a week ago, I know it wasn't in the epic fail fashion that Romo did it, but still, it does happen everyone sometimes... That said, it does happen to Romo far too much for my liking... Romo's still a very good QB, capable of playing at an elite level, the first 2 and a half quarters showed that on Sunday, but he needs to know how to switch into "bus driver" mode when he's playing with a 24 point lead in the 2nd half... Romo looked pretty healthy out there on Sunday, so I'm happy about that... Robinson had 116 yards, so it looks like we've found our #3, that's good... And the defense played pretty well against a potent offense... Dallas is still only 1 win out of first in their division in which they're currently 1-0...

As for the Lions.... You guys have a really good shot at making the playoffs! I fear the Lions winning the WC over Dallas with this game being the difference... I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys play on MNF... Detroit still has a lot of tough games left to play, but I don't see them fading anytime soon, they've definitely proven that they're mentally tough... The Lions 4-0? WOW! It's well deserved... The best thing if you're a Lions fan? Your team is young, there's a good chance that they'll be even better next year, and they should be competing at a high level for many seasons...

Thanks for all the class and hospitality that you've shown me for the past week, you guys are good dudes and good fans... Again, congrats on a well earned W...

Would love to do this again in January!


This is a great example of a person who is not just a Dallas fan, but is an NFL fan. A true football fan, and as such, I tip my hat to you sir.

[...]

Feel free to stop back any time, and good luck to your team in the future. You're a stand up guy, and that type of fan of ANY team is appreciated around these parts.

Spot on M2K. Enjoyed the post Ron, good luck for the rest of the season.

+1
Well said everyone. Agree, that was an A+ class post Ron, thank you for that.
One thing I think a lot of Dallas fans seem to forget is that this is the 1st year of a new regime and it takes time for the new systems to be fully implemented....and once they do, Dallas will be back fighting for the top in their division.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


October 5th, 2011, 9:26 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.