View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 17th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Suh and Best...Very Classy 
Junior Varsity

Post Suh and Best...Very Classy
A Detroit-area high school football team had much of its gear stolen earlier this week after thieves broke in to the school’s field house.

Among those who helped replace the equipment for the Frederick Douglass College Preparatory Academy for Young Men team? Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.

Via multiple media reports, Suh’s foundation paid for new helmets, cleats, and uniforms. Local businesses also contributed to the effort to replace the gear.

Running back Jahvid Best, who like Suh joined the team via the first round of the 2010 draft, also contributed.

Though a 3-0 start has gone a long way toward forging a stronger-than-ever bond between the Lions and their town they represent, gestures like this take it all to a higher level.

October 1st, 2011, 8:44 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Suh and Best...Very Classy
WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
A Detroit-area high school football team had much of its gear stolen earlier this week after thieves broke in to the school’s field house.

Among those who helped replace the equipment for the Frederick Douglass College Preparatory Academy for Young Men team? Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.

Via multiple media reports, Suh’s foundation paid for new helmets, cleats, and uniforms. Local businesses also contributed to the effort to replace the gear.

Running back Jahvid Best, who like Suh joined the team via the first round of the 2010 draft, also contributed.

Though a 3-0 start has gone a long way toward forging a stronger-than-ever bond between the Lions and their town they represent, gestures like this take it all to a higher level.

I watched the story on this on a local channel, and I must say I was impressed with their generosity of time and money. These are things that could go unnoticed by some folks, but really should be brought forward more often to show just how much some of these professional athletes do.

Ben Wallace gets a DUI and has a gun, that's front page news. Suh and Best pitch in to allow a local HS football team to continue its season after thieves stole their equipment, and you barely hear a sniff. Sad......

October 2nd, 2011, 10:49 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Suh and Best...Very Classy
Love it classy guys!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 2nd, 2011, 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]