View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Cowgirls 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Cowgirls
I toatally agree with M2K. Lock up Tulloch as soon as possible. We also need b ack Carpenter and Wright. B.C. before Wright. How many teams have backups at LB like Carpenter and Palmer?

I'm quite sure the FO agrees.

October 5th, 2011, 8:04 pm
Heisman Winner

Agree with all of you. I said it after week 1...Lock them all up!!! I think our first 22 can match up with any team in the league...Even our depth is real good now but our starters are all legit starting quality players.

October 5th, 2011, 8:08 pm
Modmin Dude

Game is on NFL Network right now. Its early and we're down 17-0, but I have a feeling we'll be able to pull this one out! :wink:

:cheers:
:idea:

October 5th, 2011, 8:28 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

TheRealWags wrote:
Game is on NFL Network right now. Its early and we're down 17-0, but I have a feeling we'll be able to pull this one out! :wink:

How'd you like that pre-game speech?

October 6th, 2011, 5:18 pm
Modmin Dude

Killwill25 wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

How'd you like that pre-game speech?

Missed that part, forgot about until about 15mins in.
The post-game speech was awesome though!

October 6th, 2011, 5:20 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Quote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Re: Fox coverage. I just assumed all NFL coverage had gone in that direction, but the CBS Thanksgiving broadcast proved me wrong. So nice to have thoughtful, informed analysis instead of some d-bag spouting cliches for three hours.

Mike Mayock is pretty good on Thursday night football on NFLN later in the season

Mayock is one of the worst in the business - his coverage of the Saints-Seahawks game last year was very difficult to listen too.

I actually enjoyed the Fox broadcast, Aikman clearly had watched the game tape from the last couple of Lions games and could identify that. I felt that he really understood our team which is a lot better than some of the guys we ve had in recent weeks. Dick Stockton one time thought Stafford was Jason Hanson taking a snap out of the shotgun so I know where you are coming from but Fox was much better this week.

October 6th, 2011, 5:30 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Re: Fox coverage. I just assumed all NFL coverage had gone in that direction, but the CBS Thanksgiving broadcast proved me wrong. So nice to have thoughtful, informed analysis instead of some d-bag spouting cliches for three hours.

Mike Mayock is pretty good on Thursday night football on NFLN later in the season

Mayock is one of the worst in the business - his coverage of the Saints-Seahawks game last year was very difficult to listen too.

I actually enjoyed the Fox broadcast, Aikman clearly had watched the game tape from the last couple of Lions games and could identify that. I felt that he really understood our team which is a lot better than some of the guys we ve had in recent weeks. Dick Stockton one time thought Stafford was Jason Hanson taking a snap out of the shotgun so I know where you are coming from but Fox was much better this week.

FOX was hard to listen to on Sunday. Although I don't mind Joe Buck, but man pretty bias when it comes to the Cowboys. I love Gus Johnson though.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 6th, 2011, 10:14 pm
Profile WWW

aikman had watched the previous lions games and picked up patterns on how teams came after us, how we went after them and how our comeback compared to the previous week. i thought he did a good job.

October 7th, 2011, 9:06 am
RIP Killer

Too bad Troy, like Felix Jones, couldn't keep track of the downs at the end - that was embarassing.

October 7th, 2011, 9:28 am
Profile WWW

Lions2SB2 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

FOX was hard to listen to on Sunday. Although I don't mind Joe Buck, but man pretty bias when it comes to the Cowboys. I love Gus Johnson though.

Personally I find Joe Buck to be monotone and boring. A huge play can happen and it might as well be Ben Stein announcing it with all the excitment he shows.

October 8th, 2011, 10:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6