View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Cowgirls 
Pop Warner Vet

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. Cowgirls
Words can't describe how happy I was after this game. I grew up in Oklahoma dealing with Dallas fans my whole life and despise that team more than any other in the league. I went to JonesWorld last year and left disappointed and came oh so close to going this year but at the last minute couldn't. I am so proud of this team and what they have accomplished so far this season. I've only came down from the high I had from the game an hour ago. Feels good to be a Lions fan. Here's to a continuation of the streak! :cheers:

October 2nd, 2011, 10:47 pm
RIP Killer

Sorry to miss the chat fellas but had to represent the 313 in Jerry's World today. My eldest son's first NFL game, not a bad way to start. Many thoughts on the game but I'm exhausted. Here is the recap.

http://www.lionbacker.com/index.asp?id= ... 002-recap4

GO LIONS!

Guess I gotta wear my jersey again tomorrow as I head into work in downtown Dallas...

October 2nd, 2011, 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
This is looking worse than our start last week. We won't be able to make a comeback like that this week. We make one good play but it gets called back for holding. So frustrating.

Doh!!

:lol: :cheers:

Incredible finish. It's amazing how sloppy we can be and yet our talent prevails. Can you imagine how good this team will be when they iron out the wrinkles? :shock:

October 3rd, 2011, 8:06 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I can't wait to see us string together 4 straight quarters of what we saw in the 2nd half against the Cowboys. What a win!!!

GO LIONS!!! :arrow:

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 3rd, 2011, 8:14 am
Hall of Fame Player

I couldn't be in chat yesterday because I had to work. I was listening on XM with best of Sirius. So, I had to listen to the Cowboys homer announcers. The 1st half was hard to swallow for me. But, the 2nd half was so fantastic that words cannot describe it. ROFL.

October 3rd, 2011, 4:46 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
BillySims wrote:
I couldn't be in chat yesterday because I had to work. I was listening on XM with best of Sirius. So, I had to listen to the Cowboys homer announcers. The 1st half was hard to swallow for me. But, the 2nd half was so fantastic that words cannot describe it. ROFL.

It was hard to listen to FOX at points also.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 3rd, 2011, 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Lions2SB2 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

It was hard to listen to FOX at points also.

Oh man, the coverage was worse than normal yesterday. I might have to go back to listening to 97.1, watching it on TV and dealing with the delay. Or if the other announcers are better, maybe stream our opponents feed.

October 3rd, 2011, 4:53 pm
RIP Killer

interesting tactic and from the stands we were blown away they had single coverage on CJ (even with 12 men on the field)

ESPN Dallas wrote:
Coverage gave Cowboys a chance at the end

IRVING, Texas -- Terence Newman was in single coverage by design on what turned out to be Detroit’s game-winning touchdown late in the fourth quarter Sunday.

That was by design and it was a smart move by the Cowboys coaches.

With the ball at the 2-yard line and without a timeout, the Cowboys almost had to let the Lions score to have a chance to win it.

Had the Lions run the ball twice and then threw the ball on third down, then the Cowboys would have had no chance to win the game because they could not stop the clock. That’s why Frank Walker’s holding penalty on third down was such a killer. It gave the Lions a first down and the chance to kill the clock more.

They didn’t.

"On the last play, what we wanted to do was have him by himself," coach Jason Garrett said. "It's a long discussion as to why, but you're almost inviting them to throw that fade to allow him to defend it and hopefully defend it and the clock stops. Or they score a touchdown and they give our offense an opportunity to go back the other way. The worst scenario for us there would be if they run the ball three times and then we have no time to come back."

October 4th, 2011, 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
interesting tactic and from the stands we were blown away they had single coverage on CJ (even with 12 men on the field)

ESPN Dallas wrote:
Coverage gave Cowboys a chance at the end

IRVING, Texas -- Terence Newman was in single coverage by design on what turned out to be Detroit’s game-winning touchdown late in the fourth quarter Sunday.

That was by design and it was a smart move by the Cowboys coaches.

With the ball at the 2-yard line and without a timeout, the Cowboys almost had to let the Lions score to have a chance to win it.

Had the Lions run the ball twice and then threw the ball on third down, then the Cowboys would have had no chance to win the game because they could not stop the clock. That’s why Frank Walker’s holding penalty on third down was such a killer. It gave the Lions a first down and the chance to kill the clock more.

They didn’t.

"On the last play, what we wanted to do was have him by himself," coach Jason Garrett said. "It's a long discussion as to why, but you're almost inviting them to throw that fade to allow him to defend it and hopefully defend it and the clock stops. Or they score a touchdown and they give our offense an opportunity to go back the other way. The worst scenario for us there would be if they run the ball three times and then we have no time to come back."

The one outstanding problem with that mode of thinking? Their offense only scored three points in the second half. How the Hell did they expect to score a touchdown....basically drive the entire field...when in fact that hadn't been able to do so in over 30 minutes?!

And so, their strategy backfired.......as it was destined to.

October 4th, 2011, 12:53 pm
Div 1 - Starter

m2karateman wrote:
The one outstanding problem with that mode of thinking? Their offense only scored three points in the second half. How the Hell did they expect to score a touchdown....basically drive the entire field...when in fact that hadn't been able to do so in over 30 minutes?!

And so, their strategy backfired.......as it was destined to.

It's definitely defeatist in nature, but I can understand the logic of it because I've thought the same thing myself in the past. "We should just let them get this over with quickly so that time isn't wasted here."

I think this entire situation--from both team's perspective--is deserving of a separate thread.

October 5th, 2011, 2:46 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Just a FYI for those who are interested, but the Lion-Cowboy game will be rebroadcast on the NFL Network at 8 PM EDT tonight. I'll be watching it once again.

October 5th, 2011, 12:45 pm

I just watched the game again and I just have to say, watch Stephen Tulloch from 8:25 in the 3rd through the rest of the game. This man is a warrier. He was on the ground visibly hurt, gets up very slowly after making a tackle and faces his team and they all responded to him. From that point on he really puts on a clinic through the pain. And that INT...How many 5'11 LBs do you see get up and make that play in front of Jason Witten? Our LBs have been our strongest unit so far, and just think how worried we all were about the LB situation during the lockout.

But Stephen Tulloch is a friggen machine and from what I saw, the leader of our defense

October 5th, 2011, 1:32 pm
RIP Killer

the Lions (according to PFT yesterday) only have $2.9M in cap space remaining for this year. I don't know how much more we'll get next season, but re-signing Tulloch, Carpenter and Wright need to become priorities.

October 5th, 2011, 2:13 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Re: Fox coverage. I just assumed all NFL coverage had gone in that direction, but the CBS Thanksgiving broadcast proved me wrong. So nice to have thoughtful, informed analysis instead of some d-bag spouting cliches for three hours.

October 5th, 2011, 3:43 pm

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Re: Fox coverage. I just assumed all NFL coverage had gone in that direction, but the CBS Thanksgiving broadcast proved me wrong. So nice to have thoughtful, informed analysis instead of some d-bag spouting cliches for three hours.

Mike Mayock is pretty good on Thursday night football on NFLN later in the season

October 5th, 2011, 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next