View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Lions have something special brewing 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Lions have something special brewing
One of our leading tacklers was out and his replacement had an impressive pick 6 to spark the team. When that kind of stuff happens, its hard not to think that this year is special.

October 3rd, 2011, 1:59 pm
Hall of Fame Player

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
I'd like to see us take a lead again and hold it throughout the game. We can't count on these historic second half comebacks over and over. The next four games could go anywhere from 2-2 to 4-0. I see us going 3-1 losing to either Atlanta or San Fran. Home field will help but Atlanta hasn't put it all together yet (which they could at any moment, that game will probably be a shootout) and San Fran has looked pretty decent. Harbaugh was the right hire for them. If we get a lead on them, I don't think Alex Smith will be able to get them back into the game.

If we play our best for the full 60 minutes we're going to the playoffs and we'll get at least 10 wins. At least.

Atlanta doesn't have a prayer. 1st: It's another revenge game. (Ryan's 1st year. Rookie HC,QB,LT and 1st play of the game they went deep on us). 2nd: Atlanta made a monumental error by letting not just 1 but, 2 veteran O-linemen go in FA. They replaced them with inexperienced players that have only half the talent of what they let go. Our D-line is going to destroy Matt Ryan. 3rd: Atlanta's DB's have been rather underwhelming this year.

October 3rd, 2011, 2:05 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
[quote="inheritedlionsfan"]San Fran has looked pretty decent. Harbaugh was the right hire for them. If we get a lead on them, I don't think Alex Smith will be able to get them back into the game. [quote]

Didn't they blow a game to Cowboys this year?

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 3rd, 2011, 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Lions2SB2 wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
San Fran has looked pretty decent. Harbaugh was the right hire for them. If we get a lead on them, I don't think Alex Smith will be able to get them back into the game.

Didn't they blow a game to Cowboys this year?

Yes, the Cowboys won 27-24 in the second week of the season. Romo brought the 'boys back from 10 down to tie the score, then they won it in OT.

October 3rd, 2011, 7:09 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

San Fran plays hard and for 60 minutes. Eagles fell into that trap after they got a lead, and Dallas fell behind on interceptions from Kitna when Romo was hurt. They aren't a super talented team, but they play hard. I'm not overlooking the niners, but playing at home gives us a big advantage.

October 3rd, 2011, 7:18 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Man, people are buying in hard. I love the wins, but I don't see any reason to take these next four wins for granted. I could see losses against Chicago, San Fran and Atlanta. Do I expect them to go 1-3 over the next 4...no, but I really wouldn't be shocked by 2-2.

October 3rd, 2011, 9:19 pm
RIP Killer

SimplePoster wrote:
Man, people are buying in hard. I love the wins, but I don't see any reason to take these next four wins for granted. I could see losses against Chicago, San Fran and Atlanta. Do I expect them to go 1-3 over the next 4...no, but I really wouldn't be shocked by 2-2.

+1

October 3rd, 2011, 11:06 pm

Seriously. The lions have gotten lucky. Anyone remeber the 07 season when they got lucky in 6 games against weak opponents? How'd that turn out?

Assuming no major injuries, the lions probably go .500 or a bit better and finish with 10 or 11 wins. They'll then lose in the first round like KC or Atlanta last year.

I'm fine with that. This is still a young team that has a core nucleaus of talent but is lacking in key areas. Talented, but not a sb contender yet.

October 3rd, 2011, 11:45 pm

Anyone that brings up the 07 season is being foolish. We had no defense those years. Hence why we got blown out every time we faced a decent team. This isn't even close to the same type of team. That team also went 6-2 and 1-7 to finish.

we went 5-47 and 0-25 on the road, and now 5-0 on the road during an 8 game win streak. Repeat after me...not the same team.

Luck doesn't make come backs. Luck doesn't win on the road.

No one's claiming their going to win the Superbowl, but to completely discount them every single week like it was just win against a bad team is just refusing to let go of the past.

October 4th, 2011, 12:14 am
Div 1 - Starter

Pablo wrote:
3 road wins already is amazing. If they take care of business at home this year they can finish no worse than with 11 wins - wow!

Finished the first quarter of the season 4-0, now lets peek ahead to the next four where we kick off 3 straight a home.

Chicago on MNF at Ford Field
San Fran at Ford Field
Atlanta at Ford Field
Denver at Mile High

That puts us at the halfway mark and our bye week. Lions sitting pretty right now.

Let's hope they're sitting pretty at the bye week because it gets tougher after that with 2 games against the FudgePackers, a road game in Chicago, a game against the Saints, and a game against San Diego. (By the time they play Minnesota again, the Vikings should have imploded.)

October 4th, 2011, 1:39 am
Div 1 - Starter

BillySims wrote:
I am starting to get my hopes up that both the Lions and Packers will be undefeated going into the Thanksgiving day game. How completely awesome would that be? Of course the Lions emerging as the sole undefeated team afterwards would be the bomb!

Imagine that, it would be like an early Superbowl game.

It's just the Lions luck that when they finally become good, one of the two or three best teams in football just happens to be in their division. (As opposed to being like Indianapolis where they were essentially guaranteed playoff admission for most of the past decade.)

October 4th, 2011, 1:48 am
All State

I can see a loss @ Denver because of the winning streak of 7 straight , and15 including preseason and last year .. or the game before that one , since it'll be the 3rd home game and dudes are just comfortable and Atlanta sneaks one by us and then we beat Denver so those are my 2 scenarios .

October 4th, 2011, 9:36 am
RIP Killer

The Lions are going to lose a game they're expected to win, that much is for certain. I fully expect that Atlanta will give them a tough game. That could be the one.

Whatever the case, it doesn't mean I don't believe in this team. Even good teams lose against teams they aren't supposed to. Look at New England losing to Buffalo. Look at Green Bay last year losing to us. The Lions still have a long, tough schedule ahead. But at least they've started off in dramatic fashion, and in a way that they can build on for the season. I think coming from behind to win is better for the team than getting out in front and hanging on (like week one) or blowing out your opponent (week two) in regards to creating confidence. The Lions now KNOW that no lead is too big for them to overcome, and that all it takes is one or two plays to completely change the face of the game.

I am also hoping they realize that once they do get a lead, they can't afford to sit on it. It's kind of what they did in Tampa, and it almost bit them in the butt. Gunner has to let go of that prevent defense and allow his players to make plays late in games like that.

October 4th, 2011, 12:44 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Blueskies wrote:
Seriously. The lions have gotten lucky. Anyone remeber the 07 season when they got lucky in 6 games against weak opponents? How'd that turn out?

Assuming no major injuries, the lions probably go .500 or a bit better and finish with 10 or 11 wins. They'll then lose in the first round like KC or Atlanta last year.

I'm fine with that. This is still a young team that has a core nucleaus of talent but is lacking in key areas. Talented, but not a sb contender yet.

Anyone care about the 07 season? We only have like 5 players left from that year. We had no QB, CJ was a rookie, THE WORST PASSING D EVER, the worst FO in history and we did'nt start 4-0(we were'nt that good). There are a ton of reasons why we could lose games but 2007 is not one of them lol. How many of those 07 wins came on the road since you are the history buff? Seriously, why is 2007 so important to you? Were you surprised that Kitna/O'Sullivan did'nt take us to the playoffs. If we lose it will because of a million things other than the year 2007 but you refuse to pinpoint one So I guess it's easier to just say "they will struggle mightily this season because they did in 07"

EXIT THE MILLEN ERA WITH THE REST OF THE SPORTS WORLD.

October 4th, 2011, 5:04 pm
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:

Good teams get lucky, or register what many feel are "lucky" wins. Good teams win games they probably shouldn't have, but find a way regardless. Good teams don't need a Pro Bowler starting at every position, even key positions. Good teams learn to overcome deficits.

New England still continues to be considered a "good" or "great" team. Some even consider them an elite "team". Newsflash: Who are their starting wide receivers? Are they all world players? Who is their starting linebackers? What about their running backs?

Basically, New England is Tom Brady, and everyone else. Much like Indianapolis is/was Peyton Manning, and everyone else and the same could be said of the Saints with Brees. The only team that has a strong QB and a solid supporting cast is Green Bay....and us. Stafford is not the equivalent of any of them, but I'd venture to say he's getting there quickly.

As for being a SB contender....probably not due to the fact we're in a stronger conference in the NFC, but I would venture to say that in the AFC the Lions would stand a very good chance even against the likes of Baltimore, Pittsburgh and New England.

October 4th, 2011, 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next