View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 12:34 am



Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!! 

Who takes this Monday Night Clash?
Lions win 80%  80%  [ 35 ]
Bears win 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Too Close to call 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 44

 Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!! 
Author Message
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2005, 7:50 pm
Posts: 798
Location: Burbs of De-town
Post Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
I get the feeling that both teams will play this pretty close to ther vest to limit the mistakes. We've made a ton of them in the first half of games and the Bears will take a close look at what has allowed the Lions to get back in these games and try not to beat themselves.

Keys to the game will be the harassment of Cutler, containing the ridiculous Devin Hester, and finding a way to run the ball to take some heat of Stafford.

No big comebacks this week but effective nonetheless:

Detroit 24

Chicago 20


October 3rd, 2011, 1:17 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7119
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
We're gonna KILL EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ground ZERO = Wherever Cutler is. Cutler = dead man walking. This is another PAYBACK game. It was a catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


October 3rd, 2011, 1:26 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2005, 7:50 pm
Posts: 798
Location: Burbs of De-town
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
BillySims wrote:
We're gonna KILL EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ground ZERO = Wherever Cutler is. Cutler = dead man walking. This is another PAYBACK game. It was a catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what I picture Billy saying. :lol: =D>


October 3rd, 2011, 1:37 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9244
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
Schwartz isn't going to let the team start slowly this week. Stafford will be his usual pumped up for the first series or two before settling down. The Bears grab an early 3-0 lead in the first quarter and try to chew up clock with Forte but the Lions start to grab control of this game and go into halftime with a 17-3 lead.

The knockout blow comes early in the third as the lead gets pushed to 24-3, the Bears add a score but too little to late.

Lions 27
Bears 10

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


October 3rd, 2011, 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

Joined: August 13th, 2006, 11:04 pm
Posts: 862
Location: Washington, DC
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
30-21 Lions

the first MNF game in Detroit in over 10 years... yeah Detroit wins this one.


October 3rd, 2011, 1:59 pm
Profile
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: September 5th, 2006, 12:30 pm
Posts: 726
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
Ford Field wil be electric......

Lions 34
Bears 13

_________________
"When you eat crow, if you put barbecue on it, it's not so bad."-Brady Hoke


October 3rd, 2011, 2:00 pm
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7119
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
yostevo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
We're gonna KILL EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ground ZERO = Wherever Cutler is. Cutler = dead man walking. This is another PAYBACK game. It was a catch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what I picture Billy saying. :lol: =D>



HEY. It has worked 4 times this year so far. LOL.


October 3rd, 2011, 2:06 pm
Profile
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2125
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
It's gonna be the craziest it's ever been in Ford Field? I think it will be as wild as the Saints first home game after the levys broke. Atlanta knew instantly that they stood no chance. No comeback needed here.

CHI 16
DET 35

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


October 3rd, 2011, 2:11 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9764
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
I said too close to call.....that's right, I did. Not saying the Lions won't win, but it certainly isn't going to be a blow out. I have several points that will determine the outcome:

1. Lions defense against the Bears run game
If the Lions don't start to shape up against the run, this will be the makings of a bad homecoming. Forte ran pretty well against Carolina, and while Detroit's defense is better than Carolina's, that doesn't mean Chicago won't try to establish a run game. If they run successfully, the Bears can win this game in a run away.

2. Bears o-line against our d-line
The Bears has a pretty rough offensive line. They moved Lance Louis to right tacklea against Carolina, and he did OK there...better than he does at guard. If our defensive line can't get through that picket fence, the Lions are going to have a long day.

3. Lions passing game against Bears secondary
The Chicago secondary certainly isn't anything to write home about. I would take a page out of Dallas' first half playbook and have our big guys run short timing routes to take Peppers right out of the equation. Against a C2 defense, there are seams galore. Just gotta find 'em.

4. Lions coverage units against Hester
The Lions coverage units has underperformed this season so far. They better get their act together against Chicago, or their special teams could win them the game.

5. Penalties
The Lions need to reduce their mistakes, but they really have to work on the penalty issues. Pre-snap, post snap, any snap....they have to clean up their act particularly in what will prove to be a close game.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


October 3rd, 2011, 2:30 pm
Profile
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 1:17 pm
Posts: 391
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
Detroit comes out swinging, throwing an 80 yard bomb to Megatron for the first play of the game. On the ensuing kickoff, Maurice Stovall strips the ball from Hester and runs it in for the TD. A random fan with full body paint storms the field and bowls over Cutler, which rattles him, thus causing him to throw 5 INT (3 TD's). Stafford continues to throw bomb after bomb to Megatron, completing 26/27 passes for 550 yards and 6 TD's (5 to CJ)

Lions: 70
Tigers: 5-2 win
Bears: 0

oh my.......























Shaun Hill starts the 2nd half and immediately checks down to Best. He continues his pure dominance by going 49/49 for 200 yards and 3 TD's. With 5:30 left in the 3rd, we run a WR reverse pass with Burelson who passes it back to Hill, who unnecessarily front flips into the end zone, injuring his pride and is out for the game. Stanton comes in and immediately gets destroyed by Peppers, fumbles the ball, and bruised his ego. Without a true QB left to play, we give the job to none other than Ndamukong Suh, who starts off with a 70 yard TD run with 7 Chicago Bears, and 1 real bear on his back. He proceeds to pound the Bears into submission with an unstoppable running attack, going 0/0 with 12 rushing attempts and 400 yards and 8 TD's. With 10 seconds left in the game, Suh feels pity for the Bears and runs out of the endzone for the safety. With one second left on the clock, we punt the ball and Hester returns it to the 1, when he slips on the pylon and fumbles the ball backwords. Ryan Donahue picks it up and returns it 99 yards for the touchdown.

End score:

Lions- 154
Bears- 2

_________________
Image
2011 AAL: Jahvid Best
Rushing: 390 Yards : 4.6 YPC : 2 TD : 65 YPG
Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions


October 3rd, 2011, 2:31 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2005, 7:50 pm
Posts: 798
Location: Burbs of De-town
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
thegodjr wrote:
Detroit comes out swinging, throwing an 80 yard bomb to Megatron for the first play of the game. On the ensuing kickoff, Maurice Stovall strips the ball from Hester and runs it in for the TD. A random fan with full body paint storms the field and bowls over Cutler, which rattles him, thus causing him to throw 5 INT (3 TD's). Stafford continues to throw bomb after bomb to Megatron, completing 26/27 passes for 550 yards and 6 TD's (5 to CJ)

Lions: 70
Tigers: 5-2 win
Bears: 0

oh my.......

Shaun Hill starts the 2nd half and immediately checks down to Best. He continues his pure dominance by going 49/49 for 200 yards and 3 TD's. With 5:30 left in the 3rd, we run a WR reverse pass with Burelson who passes it back to Hill, who unnecessarily front flips into the end zone, injuring his pride and is out for the game. Stanton comes in and immediately gets destroyed by Peppers, fumbles the ball, and bruised his ego. Without a true QB left to play, we give the job to none other than Ndamukong Suh, who starts off with a 70 yard TD run with 7 Chicago Bears, and 1 real bear on his back. He proceeds to pound the Bears into submission with an unstoppable running attack, going 0/0 with 12 rushing attempts and 400 yards and 8 TD's. With 10 seconds left in the game, Suh feels pity for the Bears and runs out of the endzone for the safety. With one second left on the clock, we punt the ball and Hester returns it to the 1, when he slips on the pylon and fumbles the ball backwords. Ryan Donahue picks it up and returns it 99 yards for the touchdown.

End score:

Lions- 154
Bears- 2


My only concern her is that Dan Orlovsky now plays for Indy so I just don't see the Bear's safety happening. Otherwise, I think you're spot on.


October 3rd, 2011, 2:40 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
I think if we gameplan and take Forte out, it SHOULD be a pretty easy game. Who else do they have that really scares you?

Lions have played 1 game at home so far...and remember how that worked out? Theyre gonne be excited and pumped up coming home.

Lions 31 Bears 16

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 3rd, 2011, 2:42 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9244
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
kdsberman wrote:
I think if we gameplan and take Forte out, it SHOULD be a pretty easy game. Who else do they have that really scares you?

Lions have played 1 game at home so far...and remember how that worked out? Theyre gonne be excited and pumped up coming home.

Lions 31 Bears 16


Hester, have the rook punt away from him Mr. Schwartz - please...

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


October 3rd, 2011, 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3257
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
Pablo wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
I think if we gameplan and take Forte out, it SHOULD be a pretty easy game. Who else do they have that really scares you?

Lions have played 1 game at home so far...and remember how that worked out? Theyre gonne be excited and pumped up coming home.

Lions 31 Bears 16


Hester, have the rook punt away from him Mr. Schwartz - please...



Great point, cant believe i forgot about that guy.
YES, kick away from him.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 3rd, 2011, 3:37 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: January 18th, 2010, 7:54 am
Posts: 207
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
Fairly big win and a huge day for CJ. I really think we will kill them this week. CHI was one of, if not THE most overrated team last year.
Lions 42
Bears 20


October 3rd, 2011, 3:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.