View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!! 

Who takes this Monday Night Clash?
Lions win 80%  80%  [ 35 ]
Bears win 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Too Close to call 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 44

Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!! 
League MVP

Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears MNF!!
delete

Last edited by The Legend on October 7th, 2011, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 7th, 2011, 9:21 am
League MVP

Something stupid always happens against the Bears but there are some legitimate worries as well.

Matt Forte leads a strong run game for the Bears and is a dynamic and powerful runner. Im not really worried about the DL vs their OL and in short yardage we can stop Forte. Stephen Tulloch and Justin Durant will have big games but Deandre Levy will be targeted as he has been in previous weeks. He made more tackles last week but mostly bc the Cowboys ran right at him. The good thing for us is that the Bears WRs arent that great and I think will be covered by Chris Houston and Eric Wright without a problem. Amari Spievey though has been burned a few times now with his head in the backfield on play action passes going for big gains. There was a dropoff last week with Aaron Berry not playing as the third cornerback. Im not sure what his status is for today. Finally the DL needs to show they can get to the passer. Willie Young had the great sack last week but IMO the guy that makes it all happen up front is the very underrated Corey Williams who collapses the pocket from the inside leaving Suh and the 2 DEs free to chase the QB. Williams too often gets taken out of the game with multiple dumb offsides - 3 last week was crazy.

Offensively they dont have anybody that can match up with Calvin Johnson but they scheme well defensively and will make adjustments if Calvin has a big game early and will roll double coverage to him. Nate Burleson needs to awake from his slumber. Titus Young is a tough matchup for nickelbacks but is the MNF stage too big for him this early? I doubt it, he has swagger. Pettigrew may be our most improved offensive player. Also look for Best to take some snaps lined up as a wideout to see if the Beats try covering him with a LB. The main problem again will be covering up for 2 weak tackles in Backus and Cherilus - Julius Peppers may be the toughest matchup we will have all season and there tackles inside are good as well and the Bears LBs can pass rush on the blitz.

Hate to crash the party and I dont want this to hold true but Im convince there is a special power that always helps the Bears and there will be one crazy stupid unexplainable fluke play or call that gives the Bears the win.

Bears 31
Lions 30

October 7th, 2011, 9:22 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

The Legend wrote:
Something stupid always happens against the Bears but there are some legitimate worries as well.

Matt Forte leads a strong run game for the Bears and is a dynamic and powerful runner. Im not really worried about the DL vs their OL and in short yardage we can stop Forte. Stephen Tulloch and Justin Durant will have big games but Deandre Levy will be targeted as he has been in previous weeks. He made more tackles last week but mostly bc the Cowboys ran right at him. The good thing for us is that the Bears WRs arent that great and I think will be covered by Chris Houston and Eric Wright without a problem. Amari Spievey though has been burned a few times now with his head in the backfield on play action passes going for big gains. There was a dropoff last week with Aaron Berry not playing as the third cornerback. Im not sure what his status is for today. Finally the DL needs to show they can get to the passer. Willie Young had the great sack last week but IMO the guy that makes it all happen up front is the very underrated Corey Williams who collapses the pocket from the inside leaving Suh and the 2 DEs free to chase the QB. Williams too often gets taken out of the game with multiple dumb offsides - 3 last week was crazy.

Offensively they dont have anybody that can match up with Calvin Johnson but they scheme well defensively and will make adjustments if Calvin has a big game early and will roll double coverage to him. Nate Burleson needs to awake from his slumber. Titus Young is a tough matchup for nickelbacks but is the MNF stage too big for him this early? I doubt it, he has swagger. Pettigrew may be our most improved offensive player. Also look for Best to take some snaps lined up as a wideout to see if the Beats try covering him with a LB. The main problem again will be covering up for 2 weak tackles in Backus and Cherilus - Julius Peppers may be the toughest matchup we will have all season and there tackles inside are good as well and the Bears LBs can pass rush on the blitz.

Hate to crash the party and I dont want this to hold true but Im convince there is a special power that always helps the Bears and there will be one crazy stupid unexplainable fluke play or call that gives the Bears the win.

Bears 31
Lions 30

Good analysis. I could see Best as the offensive key in this game. Calvin will probably have a safety over the top throughout the game. Usually, this opens things up underneath for Pettigrew but he's probably going to be capably covered by Urlacher. Can the Lions take advantage of these matchups with screens and draws? If the coverage works out as I expect, there could be great opportunities for Best. Of course getting production from Burleson and Young could be important as well. I'd look for a reverse or two from these guys.

October 7th, 2011, 9:46 am
RIP Killer

Tillman matches up better with CJ than most corners due to his height (6'2"). I would expect that the Bears will roll coverage toward CJ on obvious passing downs, having Tillman cover the zone under CJ, with a safety shaded over the top. Jennings on the other side is only 5'8", so they'll put him primarily on Burleson or Young. What the Lions may want to do is use some motion or pre-snap flexing to try and get Jennings on Scheffler or Pettigrew. That would be an incredible mis-match. I also agree that if the Lions put Best out against man coverage and the Bears are in a package that forces a LB on him, the Bears will either call time out, or the Lions will try to get Best down the field. No linebacker can match his speed.

It's all going to depend on what the Bears do in coverage. If they keep to their zone, the crossing routes will be open and the seams will be exploited. If they stay in man, sooner or later the Lions will get a favorable matchup.

But I agree, the Bears have seemed to get the lucky breaks the past few seasons against the Lions. It's not going to be a blow out either way.

October 7th, 2011, 10:55 am
3rd Round Selection

Things that concern me on this one, in order:

1. Offense - their pass rush vs our OL, especially our tackles. I hope we mix in some screens to keep them on their toes and establish a running game this week too.

2. Special teams - Devin Hester vs our coverage units. Just kick away!

3. Slow starting - going behind early gives Martz less incentive to abandon the run.

4. Defense - their running game. Hopefully our DL will up their game and the return of Durant will help.

If we can actually get ahead early, force Martz to abandon the run, get some pressure from the DL and contain Peppers to a reasonable degree, we'll take this one.

So overall, I think a Lions win. But the matchup problems here mean I can see the Bears taking this one too.

October 7th, 2011, 11:02 am
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
Peppers on Stafford injury: Not something I take pride in
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 7, 2011, 9:42 AM EDT
peppersstafford AP

Last season Bears defensive end Julius Peppers injured Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford’s shoulder. Now Peppers is preparing to see Stafford again on Monday night.

We’ve heard a lot in the NFL recently about defensive players taking shots at quarterbacks’ sensitive spots (particularly with Tony Romo’s ribs), but that’s not Peppers’ style. Peppers says he doesn’t feel good about being the man who took away most of Stafford’s 2010 season.

“To be honest with you, it really doesn’t get me excited to see anybody get injured,” Peppers said. “It’s not something I take a lot of pride in, the fact that I hit him and injured his shoulder last year.”

Peppers asked to see Stafford in the Lions’ locker room following last year’s game in Chicago and said he didn’t want to see Stafford hurt. Peppers leaves his mean streak on the field,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -pride-in/

October 7th, 2011, 12:12 pm
RIP Killer

Class act in Chicago there

October 7th, 2011, 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
Class act in Chicago there

ya, unlike Backus who did'nt even go to see if Stafford was ok or try to help him up. THIS IS THE BIGGEST GAME OF BACKUS' CAREER, HE BETTER NOT **** UP. He did a good job on Ware but many people feel he should'nt even be a Lion anymore and I'm on of them. The team has gotten better so it's that much easier to find the worst player on the team which is clearly him most weeks.

But Peppers has always been a nice guy and in my opinion the best pure athlete in sports

October 7th, 2011, 12:48 pm
RIP Killer

](*,) :-s :-k :-$

October 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm
Heisman Winner

I was just thinking about the Bears WRs and how Roy Williams in one of their receivers. Which then made me think, can you believe that of Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and BMW that Mike Williams is the best WR of the bunch to this date. It made me laugh so I thought I would share it with you all.

October 7th, 2011, 2:58 pm
RIP Killer

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
I was just thinking about the Bears WRs and how Roy Williams in one of their receivers. Which then made me think, can you believe that of Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and BMW that Mike Williams is the best WR of the bunch to this date. It made me laugh so I thought I would share it with you all.

ummmmmmmm.....

Mike Williams, 117 catches, 1369 yards, 5 TDs

vs.

Roy Williams 361 catches, 5,278 yards, 42 TDs, 249 first down signs, nicknamed Calvin Johnson, traded for 1st, 3rd and 5th round picks, lost engagement ring sent thru mail

not sure how you are judging careers here?

October 7th, 2011, 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

Pablo wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

ummmmmmmm.....

vs.

Roy Williams 361 catches, 5,278 yards, 42 TDs, 249 first down signs, nicknamed Calvin Johnson, traded for 1st, 3rd and 5th round picks, lost engagement ring sent thru mail

I shouldn't say to date, what I mean is at this point in their careers. Roy has 5 catches on the season while Mike has 8 and TD.

October 7th, 2011, 3:34 pm
RIP Killer

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

ummmmmmmm.....

vs.

I shouldn't say to date, what I mean is at this point in their careers. Roy has 5 catches on the season while Mike has 8 and TD.

I think the word you are looking for is "season", not "to date" or "careers"

October 7th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pablo wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

ummmmmmmm.....

vs.

who would you rather have on your team?

October 7th, 2011, 5:29 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Killwill25 wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

ummmmmmmm.....

vs.

who would you rather have on your team?

A shotgun to the face!

October 7th, 2011, 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next