View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 4:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Crow? 
Stats Boy

Post Crow?
Billysims Has been over at the cowboys zone pounding his chest demanding someone to come over and eat crow.

Well here is what I have for you.

Detroit did not beat Dallas, Dallas beat Dallas. Enjoy your win, but you know it rings hollow. You have a medoicre offense, and a laughable defense.

First Downs:
Det 18
Dal 25

Total Yards:
Det 303
Dal 434

Completions:
Det 21 of 43
Dal 34 of 47

Passing Yards:
Det 240
Dal 321

NFL rating:
Stafford 71.9
Romo 86.4

I could go on but the fact is Romo handed detroit the game.

October 3rd, 2011, 5:52 pm
Walk On

Post Re: Crow?
Final score:
Detroit- 34
Cowgirls- 30

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

October 3rd, 2011, 5:54 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
wconn1979 wrote:
Billysims Has been over at the cowboys zone pounding his chest demanding someone to come over and eat crow.

Detroit did not beat Dallas, Dallas beat Dallas. Enjoy your win, but you know it rings hollow. You have a medoicre offense, and a laughable defense.

First Downs:
Det 18
Dal 25

Total Yards:
Det 303
Dal 434

Completions:
Det 21 of 43
Dal 34 of 47

Passing Yards:
Det 240
Dal 321

NFL rating:
Stafford 71.9
Romo 86.4

In the end it's a win for the Lions. I don't care how we get it, as long as we win.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 3rd, 2011, 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

wconn, I don't think anyone here will deny that Romo was an idiot. Can you please thank him for us the next time you see him? It would be appreciated. :D

October 3rd, 2011, 5:58 pm
Junior Varsity

It always makes so much sence to say "We're better than you, we just lost; that's all."

Couple things to consider:

1. The game is played for 60 minutes for a reason.
2. All those stats and 50 cents gives you a 1/2 dollar. This isn't fantasy league, the only stat that counts is the score at the end of the game.

October 3rd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

wconn1979 wrote:

See, but these two things were impossible according to you. Heck, Romo was better than Peyton Manning last week, now he's a goat because you lost?

Face it, We had better talent overall that made plays when it needed to and your team is crap.

Thanks for playing.

October 3rd, 2011, 6:05 pm
Walk On

FootballPhreak wrote:
wconn1979 wrote:

See, but these two things were impossible according to you. Heck, Romo was better than Peyton Manning last week, now he's a goat because you lost?

Face it, We had better talent overall that made plays when it needed to and your team is crap.

Thanks for playing.

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

October 3rd, 2011, 6:10 pm
RIP Killer

Four games in and we still haven't beaten anybody despite being undefeated.

And when we beat the Bears on MNF that will drop them to 2-3, so they are nobody...

And when we beat the 49ers the following week, what division do they play in again - so nobody...

And when we beat the Falcons the following week it will be at Ford Field, can't really count that as a win...

And when we beat the Broncos the next week, well Denver sucks...

So at the halfway point we should be 8-0 without having beat anybody. I'll take it...

But back to Dallas, they were also injured so we can't count that. The defensive coordinator said CJ would have been the 3rd best WR on the team so we can't count that. So they couldn't punch it in from one yard out so that didn't count. So they couldn't figure out you don't go out of bounds short of the first down on fourth down so it didn't count. So they forgot about Dez Bryant in the second half so it didn't count. Need more excuses, they have plenty.

What a joke. Yes you won some of the stats, but those can be skewed WHEN you keep getting the ball because our offense doesn't get a chance to get on the field when the defense keeps scoring. Oh yeah, and when you STILL had the lead in the 4th quarter and CJ scored two touchdowns was that a gift from Romo as well?

You know, you can tell Tom Brady and the Patriots they didn't beat you either after they knock the Cowboys below .500 after your bye week.

How bout them boys, no back-to-back wins since 2009. How bout them Lions, winners of back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back games (not counting the preseason of course, cause those really don't count).

October 3rd, 2011, 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

Lets be honest. Dallas may have 'dominated' the game, but all they were doing were short passes all day long. Obviously out game planned us at the start, but in the second half when we locked them down they were worse than we were in the 1st half...

Stats aside, Our 2nd half > their first half

October 3rd, 2011, 6:24 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Lions2SB2 wrote:
wconn1979 wrote:

First Downs:
Det 18
Dal 25

Total Yards:
Det 303
Dal 434

Completions:
Det 21 of 43
Dal 34 of 47

Passing Yards:
Det 240
Dal 321

NFL rating:
Stafford 71.9
Romo 86.4

In the end it's a win for the Lions. I don't care how we get it, as long as we win.

I think Schwartz said it best after the game...

"It wasn't pretty ...but it was beautiful!"

The lions did get a break in Dallas however we can't get away with playing like that against the elite teams and expect to win.

October 3rd, 2011, 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

wconn1979 wrote:

First Downs:
Det 18
Dal 25

Total Yards:
Det 303
Dal 434

Completions:
Det 21 of 43
Dal 34 of 47

Passing Yards:
Det 240
Dal 321

NFL rating:
Stafford 71.9
Romo 86.4

Well, I appreciate you being a man and coming back for your crow dinner. But, as much as Romo handed the game to us, our defense took it from him. None of the INT's were thrown directly at our defense. We stepped in front of them. In other words, we baited Romo into throwing them. The 2 Pick 6's we had to make several people miss the tackle. There wasn't exactly open field in front of them. You HC/OC is an idiot. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. He was idiot enough to call the pass a 3rd time. If anyone gave the game to us, it was the play caller. Now, I don't know about you. But, after the second pick6, I darn sure would not have passed the ball again the rest of the game.

October 3rd, 2011, 6:44 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Wconn, prior to the game, you said we haven't played a team that was any good. After this game, I'd agree, and add that we still haven't.

October 3rd, 2011, 6:49 pm
Div 1 - Starter

wconn1979 wrote:
BWell here is what I have for you.

Detroit did not beat Dallas, Dallas beat Dallas. Enjoy your win, but you know it rings hollow.

I actually agree with this. The Cowpokers kicked our butts for the first half and the first 1/4 of the third quarter. Then Romo and the Dallas coaching staff threw the game away, gifting us two free touchdowns in the third quarter. (But give Carpenter some credit; it didn't look like the easiest pick, and his return for a touchdown was a team effort.) Then, for the first time all day, the Lions offense finally woke up and started outplaying the Cowpokers in the fourth quarter, beating them 17-0.

In contrast, the Lions did legitimately outplay on Minnesota, which didn't give them any turnover gifts. They really should be 2-2 right now, but we'll happily take the wins and celebrate.

October 3rd, 2011, 7:08 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Growler wrote:
wconn1979 wrote:
BWell here is what I have for you.

Detroit did not beat Dallas, Dallas beat Dallas. Enjoy your win, but you know it rings hollow.

I actually agree with this. The Cowpokers kicked our butts for the first half and the first 1/4 of the third quarter. Then Romo and the Dallas coaching staff threw the game away, gifting us two free touchdowns in the third quarter. (But give Carpenter some credit; it didn't look like the easiest pick, and his return for a touchdown was a team effort.) Then, for the first time all day, the Lions offense finally woke up and started outplaying the Cowpokers in the fourth quarter, beating them 17-0.

In contrast, the Lions did legitimately outplay on Minnesota, which didn't give them any turnover gifts. They really should be 2-2 right now, but we'll happily take the wins and celebrate.

Legitimately, Our defense outplayed their offense. So no, Romo did not gift us the game. And if he did, then that would equate to Stafford outplayed Romo. No matter how you spin it, in the end we won because we OUTPLAYED them in some facet. You can gift all you want, but you must have the talent to take advantage of the gifts to win. The Lions were the better team overall, period.

His garbage about it being a hollow win and that Dallas beat Dallas is just a shallow excuse from the hurt fan of an inferior team.

October 3rd, 2011, 7:21 pm
RIP Killer

wconn1979 wrote:

First Downs:
Det 18
Dal 25

Total Yards:
Det 303
Dal 434

Completions:
Det 21 of 43
Dal 34 of 47

Passing Yards:
Det 240
Dal 321

NFL rating:
Stafford 71.9
Romo 86.4

But, if your team was so good, then why did they lose?

The fact is this...it wasn't just Romo. He made mistakes...but was he the only one? I think not.

Was it Romo that ran OB on fourth down, short of the first down marker? No, that would be Felix Jones.

Was it Romo that tried to single cover CJ in the end zone (the HEIGHT of folly!)? No, that would be that ugly, greasy haired, fat bastard loud-mouthed DC of yours.

Was it Romo that couldn't tackle Bobby Carpenter or Chris Houston as they ran towards the end zone, practically untouched? No, that would be your so-called offense.

And so it comes true....all these Cowboys fans were yukking it up, talking about how the Lions hadn't played anyone, that hadn't proven anything, and that they'd walk out of Dallas with no dignity, no support, and no victory.

The Detroit Lions SPOTTED your team 24 points in 30 minutes, and your team couldn't hold onto the lead. Not just your QB, but your TEAM. Coaches, players.....whoever. Your team collectively got their nuts slapped, and now you want to try and somehow put a footnote on it? Nice try.

Check the stats for the season. You'll find our laughable defense and mediocre offense with the 3rd best receiver located well above that of the Dallas Cowgirls.

As they say....don't go away made, just go away. :finger:

October 3rd, 2011, 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next