View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 8:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Crow? 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Crow?
I'm sick of hearing the media and Dallas fans talk about Dallas losing the game not Detroit winning it.

Did Romo run the ball into the endzone for us?
Did Dallas pull Dez Bryant and not throw to him anymore?
Did Dallas just not want to give the ball to Jones, Choice and throw the ball with a 24pt lead?
When you are up 4 scores, it only takes 1 score to put the game out of reach. Dallas still had a chance to tie the game up on the final drive.

The Defense adjusted to what Dallas was doing and instead of putting the offense into position to score, they scored themselves.
The 1st interception was played well by Carpenter. It wasn't a bad throw.
The 2nd interception was (finally)good coverage by Houston. It was a timing route. Houston got infront of it and then worked to score.
The 3rd interception was the right read. If Witten catches that ball, there is no safety behind him. He could have scored. Tulloch just barely tipped that ball for the pick. He read it perfectly.

Dallas's mistakes didn't get us back into the game, but they did win us the game. CJ was triple covered on the first TD. Single coverage on him on the 1yrd line was a mistake. We did what we were supposed to do and scored. Not giving this team credit for continuing to play and giving 100% effort until the final snap and saying that Dallas beat Dallas is just being disingenuous.

October 3rd, 2011, 7:38 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

m2karateman wrote:
wconn1979 wrote:
Billysims Has been over at the cowboys zone pounding his chest demanding someone to come over and eat crow.

Well here is what I have for you.

Detroit did not beat Dallas, Dallas beat Dallas. Enjoy your win, but you know it rings hollow. You have a medoicre offense, and a laughable defense.

First Downs:
Det 18
Dal 25

Total Yards:
Det 303
Dal 434

Completions:
Det 21 of 43
Dal 34 of 47

Passing Yards:
Det 240
Dal 321

NFL rating:
Stafford 71.9
Romo 86.4

I could go on but the fact is Romo handed detroit the game.

But, if your team was so good, then why did they lose?

The fact is this...it wasn't just Romo. He made mistakes...but was he the only one? I think not.

Was it Romo that ran OB on fourth down, short of the first down marker? No, that would be Felix Jones.

Was it Romo that tried to single cover CJ in the end zone (the HEIGHT of folly!)? No, that would be that ugly, greasy haired, fat bastard loud-mouthed DC of yours.

Was it Romo that couldn't tackle Bobby Carpenter or Chris Houston as they ran towards the end zone, practically untouched? No, that would be your so-called offense.

And so it comes true....all these Cowboys fans were yukking it up, talking about how the Lions hadn't played anyone, that hadn't proven anything, and that they'd walk out of Dallas with no dignity, no support, and no victory.

The Detroit Lions SPOTTED your team 24 points in 30 minutes, and your team couldn't hold onto the lead. Not just your QB, but your TEAM. Coaches, players.....whoever. Your team collectively got their nuts slapped, and now you want to try and somehow put a footnote on it? Nice try.

Check the stats for the season. You'll find our laughable defense and mediocre offense with the 3rd best receiver located well above that of the Dallas Cowgirls.

As they say....don't go away made, just go away. :finger:

Yeah, it's too bad that Cowboys fans want to pile on Romo today. The interceptions shouldn't have happened because they shouldn't have been throwing in the first place. It was a complete team collapse, especially coaching. Fortunately the Lions are (finally) good enough to capitalize on an opponent's mistakes. In the end, the Lions proved to be the better team overall--but certainly both teams have some corrections to make.

October 3rd, 2011, 8:05 pm
NFL Team Captain

wconn1979 wrote:
Billysims Has been over at the cowboys zone pounding his chest demanding someone to come over and eat crow.

Well here is what I have for you.

Detroit did not beat Dallas, Dallas beat Dallas. Enjoy your win, but you know it rings hollow. You have a medoicre offense, and a laughable defense.

First Downs:
Det 18
Dal 25

Total Yards:
Det 303
Dal 434

Completions:
Det 21 of 43
Dal 34 of 47

Passing Yards:
Det 240
Dal 321

NFL rating:
Stafford 71.9
Romo 86.4

Oh boy, imagine that??? Another whiney Cowboy Fan trying to say that we suck after coming back and smacking them in the mouth in their own house.

Typical Cowgirl fan! :-({|=

October 3rd, 2011, 9:49 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Dallas fans won't show back up. Not for a while. Right now :-k they're just trying to figure out WTF just happened. Like a bunch of over aspiring ostriches with their heads in the dirt. :-#

I dont miss that feeling at all 8)

Go Lions!

October 3rd, 2011, 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wconn1979 wrote:
You have a medoicre offense, and a laughable defense.

And four wins, bitch.

October 3rd, 2011, 10:54 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

thelomasbrowns wrote:
wconn1979 wrote:

And four wins, bitch.

I nominate for best post of the year!

October 3rd, 2011, 11:38 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

I also want to say this

Detroit - 33.8 pts/gm scored
Dallas - 24.8 pts/gm scored

Detroit - 19 pts/gm allowed
Dallas - 25.5 pts/gm allowed

Detroit - Defense 11 TO
Dallas - Defense 6 TO

Detroit - 5 sacks allowed
Dallas - 7 sacks allowed

Detroit - 21.2 first down per game
Dallas - 20.8 first down per game

I could go on and on. But no point. You will keep pointing to individual stats where as I will point to the team stats since it is a team game. Lions have better team stats in the first 4 games.

And you think the Lions haven't played anyone? Cowboy's have played Redskins, Jets, 9ers, Lions. Redskins suck because they don't have a QB, Jets got blown out and totally exposed by the Ravens, 9ers play in a weak divisions, and we already know what you think about the Lions.

So man up and say, "Lions got the best of us Sunday. I think we would win 9 of 10 games, but it was the Lions day".

Instead you come on our board with this nonsense. Like M2K said, just go away.

October 4th, 2011, 12:16 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I hate when people make these arguments. You say the Dallas Cowboys beat the Dallas Cowboys because of the second half "implosion". We could just as easily say that the Detroit Lions beat the Detroit Lions in the first half. The funny thing about halves is there are two of them!

October 4th, 2011, 1:13 am
League MVP

Quote:

Last i checked was that romo played for Dallas.

The INTs were a combination of poor play by Dallas and great play by us. The results were terrible but not completely Romo's fault - sure he underthrew the pass to Witten and shouldnt have thrown the one that Carpenter got. Houston made a great play and that was as much or more the WRs fault and any number of Cowboys could have tackled Houston or pushed him out of bounds, Carpenter's return was an amazing TEAM effort. I dont remember which play it was on but KVB made a crushing block on one of the INTs. Tulloch made another tough play catching some major air while giving up some major height covering Witten.

Further, How about the Cowboys coaches putting the ball in the air repeatedly? Is that Romo's fault. How about the drive extending penalty that allows us to get a game winning TD rather than a tying FG? How is that Romo's fault. Or Calvin Johnson simply being amazing, was that decided or given to us by Romo? Did Romo suit up and kick a 50+ yard FG?

As for the stats - we scored twice on defense add in the yardage from those returns and we had a short field after the Tulloch INT. But really who cares who had more yards???

October 4th, 2011, 2:37 am
Pro Bowl Player

Lionfanatic wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
wconn1979 wrote:

And four wins, bitch.

I nominate for best post of the year!

laughing4.gif

XXbazooka.gif 5paperbag.gif (cowboys fan)

I dont know who just got put in there a&& harder, cowboys or cowboys fan.

October 4th, 2011, 6:15 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

our LBs made a couple "Madden" picks. Schwartz was right when he said our LBs move like Safetys. And Wconn, The better team did win. Dallas does what they usually do and the best story in the NFL made the most of it. I don't know if DAL was trying to rub it in or what but you should've ran the ball with that lead(you probably should've kept Bobby Carpenter too :D ).

I'd rather have a mediocre offense than a self destructive offense. And as for the laughable defense...I guess scoring on two pick 6s and giving you guys nothing in the 2nd half did make me and the rest of the country laugh. Tony Romo's career has been pretty laughable though.

The Cowboys look in the mirror and see the early 90s superbowl teams while everyone else looks at Dallas and sees Drew Henson's team

October 4th, 2011, 11:05 am
RIP Killer

I don't think wconn is coming back.

Perhaps he is off crying into a pink towel with Tony Romo someplace.....

October 4th, 2011, 12:47 pm
Team MVP

Hmm..last I checked, the Lions won that game. Guess I didnt realize that if you dont lose, you still dont necessarily win? I think you're full of something Wconn.

Notice he aint back yet? Good, lets keep it that way.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 4th, 2011, 12:56 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

m2karateman wrote:
I don't think wconn is coming back.

Perhaps he is off crying into a pink towel with Tony Romo someplace.....

Ya, because the bottom line is he won't and did not eat crow. He is still under the delusion the Cowboys are the superior team. IMO, as long as they have Schlomo, they will never be an average or better team.

October 4th, 2011, 2:07 pm
RIP Killer

He reminds me of a person I met some years ago, when the Pistons swept the Lakers in the finals of the NBA Championship. I overheard this dimwit talking to her friend from California (where she lived) and telling her that she was amazed the Pistons fans actually thought that the Pistons beat the Lakers, rather than the "reality" that the Lakers didn't play their best, and lost.

Four games? IN A ROW??!!

It seems there are those Cowboys fans, and probably Vikings fans as well, that simply can't accept that their team blew a large lead to a BETTER football team, and couldn't put the game away. A lesser team wouldn't have made a comeback like the Lions did, and a better team wouldn't have let the game get away.

October 4th, 2011, 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next