View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 11:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Guess which Lion is on the SI cover this week? 

Poll ended at October 11th, 2011, 2:24 pm
Matt Stafford 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Calvin Johnson 69%  69%  [ 20 ]
Ndamukong Suh 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Jim Schwartz 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 29

QB Coach

Post Re: Guess which Lion is on the SI cover this week?
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
Reading Growlers post has led me to a question:

Can a head coach seal the locker room?

If I were Schwartz, and I had a young team that is in the process of doing something spectacular, I would do absolutely everything to insulate my guys. Seal the locker room, restrict media coverage, and begin talking with the team about why I as the HC had done just that.

I understand that these are mature men, but if winning is the goal, there is a time to celebrate, and that's in Feb. I honestly believe that this team needs to be on lock down in regards to the media. I'm sure ESPN, and other media types would claim censorship, and the people have a right to know, but it's not documented in the Constitution so no they don't necessarily have a RIGHT to know.

Am I being to harsh? We've seen a good thing come (finally) to the city of Detroit in our Sports Rennaisance (Lions and Tigers) and I think everything should be done to keep the team grounded, hungry, and insulated from the hype. Thoughts?

Explain your comments on why the team needs to be locked down from the media? Not sure what you are afraid of. The players will celebrate regardless and it is more than a fantasy to think that the media is at fault for the slow first half starts. Really doenst make any sense to me at all - if anything I think disrupting the usual routine runs more risk of messing with guys psyche and preparation and that the players esp the vets probably enjoy getting some positive press after years of losing. Finally, I see this as a move that alienates players from the fans and Schwartz would never make a move like this - he knows how much the fans mean to the team and vice versa.

This is a good team, this isnt some delicate miracle thats happening, the media hovering around as usual makes no difference in anything. Even if they are blocked it still doesnt stop players from watching espn or reading newspapers and magazines if you think players could get big heads.

100% disagree with you.

I'll add that the bolded part is irrelevant. The NFL has a contract that stipulates the kind of media access each team has to allow. It has nothing to do with the constitution. It's a business contract.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 7th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: Guess which Lion is on the SI cover this week?
Im just really excited! My girl got me my copy of sports illustrated. It's in a sealed clear plastic bag and I didn't even open it to read the damned article!

Going right next to my Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson rookie cards.

I still slacking in one area though. I have yet to paint my little man cave Honolulu blue and silver. I'll get it done before they win the superbowl though :arrow:

October 7th, 2011, 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2