View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears on MONDAY NIGHT 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears on MONDAY NIGHT
Hey mods, can we get a thread name change?

"The Animal Gay Rape Thread **Not Work Safe**"

:lol:

October 11th, 2011, 10:51 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Props to Jeff Backus on a great game. I've been bashing him hardcore since week 1 of last season and he pretty much made Peppers a non-factor as he did with Ware. I even went as far as to call it the most important game of his career but he played great. I felt like our trench play as a whole was head and shoulders above CHI's on both sides of the ball. It seems like we are getting better each week.

Levy played clearly his best game of the season. His fits were much improved.

Jahvid Best should've worn #20 for the game. They could'nt stop him when they knew we had to run.

Props to my adopted son Louis Delmas. It seems like every tackle he makes is a hard hit, can't wait for him to get the ball in his hands. He is the best Safety in the NFCN and a very underrated player.

John Wendling could've been a liability but he clearly knew where he was supposed to be and was a contributer in yet another role. Thanks for being better than John McGraw.

Can't wait for Fairley to get in SF's backfield.

AND THE FANS DID AN AWESOME JOB! Thanks for all those whole abandoned all dignity in order to distract the Bears

And to CHI....Does that complete the proccess for you?

October 11th, 2011, 11:04 pm
NFL Team Captain

Really?

A Packer Fan on our Chicago Game Day thread trying to piss on our win!

I was curious as to why, so I started an investigation into the situation.

What I found out, is that the Packer Fans are actually nervous. They fear the Lions and I what I have discovered is they remember the loss they suffered at our hands last year. They realize that we have won 9 straight regular season games (the longest current streak of any team) and that streak includes the game we played against them.

They are trying to say that because we fell behind in two games and came back to win, that we got lucky. They refuse to give our Defense any credit for buckling down in Dallas and our Offense dues for catching fire in Minny.

They try to use the schedule as an excuse as to why we are 5-0 even though the the combined win/loss records of the teams we have played is practically identical to their opponents win/loss records.

What cracks me up is that when we win, they say we are lucky and our opponent handed us the game. When the Packers win, they claim they earned their victories. :roll: Keep on thinking that way Pack!

Bottom line... the Packers are tops in the NFL and Super Bowl Champs and we need to knock em off to say we're a better team, but I absolutely love the fact that they are a nervous wreck right now! :-$

We're comin for ya soon Pack! Can you hear the Roar in the distance? 5footballhelmet.gif

October 11th, 2011, 11:43 pm
NFL Team Captain

Killwill25 wrote:
Props to Jeff Backus on a great game. I've been bashing him hardcore since week 1 of last season and he pretty much made Peppers a non-factor as he did with Ware. I even went as far as to call it the most important game of his career but he played great. I felt like our trench play as a whole was head and shoulders above CHI's on both sides of the ball. It seems like we are getting better each week.

Levy played clearly his best game of the season. His fits were much improved.

Jahvid Best should've worn #20 for the game. They could'nt stop him when they knew we had to run.

Props to my adopted son Louis Delmas. It seems like every tackle he makes is a hard hit, can't wait for him to get the ball in his hands. He is the best Safety in the NFCN and a very underrated player.

John Wendling could've been a liability but he clearly knew where he was supposed to be and was a contributer in yet another role. Thanks for being better than John McGraw.

Can't wait for Fairley to get in SF's backfield.

AND THE FANS DID AN AWESOME JOB! Thanks for all those whole abandoned all dignity in order to distract the Bears

And to CHI....Does that complete the proccess for you?

Great Post!

October 11th, 2011, 11:47 pm
3rd Round Selection

Managed to avoid the result yesterday and watched the game in the evening. And wow, how great was that to watch?

The last time I was at Ford Field the Lions got booed as they came on to the field, before a ball had been thrown in anger. I was as stunned to see that as I was to see the fantastic scenes from Monday night. 9 false starts. A proper home field advantage. What a turnaround for this franchise.

As well as the crowd being magnificent, I thought the team were excellent too. CJ, Pettigrew and Best were fantastic. The o-line had their best game this season. The d-line harrassed Cutler all day (as others have said: what a game he played in the face of all that pressure). We actually secured a win with the running game: no way I would have predicted that before Monday.

Other highlights included Carpenter and Wendling continuing to show that we have good depth - Mayhew gets football players. Levy was excellent, finally shedding some blocks having been taken out of plays too easily so far this season. And some good work on Special Teams for the first time this season, too.

Overall, very happy. And then I visit this thread and get to see Mr Nervous Packer in action. Now I'm extremely happy. :)

October 12th, 2011, 8:30 am
RIP Killer

I worked at the game on Monday night, and let me tell you I could not believe the loudness of the crowd. I thought the crowd was loud at the KC game, but that was a mere whisper compared to Monday night. I was working in a stand on the main floor, and when Calvin caught his TD pass the ground trembled with the roar of the crowd and the stomping of the feet, clapping, etc.

It was awe inspiring to FEEL, let alone hear.

Kudos to the Lions fans who attended, and who didn't attend. Plenty of room on the bandwagon for more........

October 12th, 2011, 9:01 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
m2karateman wrote:
I worked at the game on Monday night, and let me tell you I could not believe the loudness of the crowd. I thought the crowd was loud at the KC game, but that was a mere whisper compared to Monday night. I was working in a stand on the main floor, and when Calvin caught his TD pass the ground trembled with the roar of the crowd and the stomping of the feet, clapping, etc.

It was awe inspiring to FEEL, let alone hear.

Kudos to the Lions fans who attended, and who didn't attend. Plenty of room on the bandwagon for more........

Hearing the 5-0 chant after the game gave me chills..

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 12th, 2011, 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

I need to get to a football game. Only have been to basketball games, and only once was the crowd even into it. When the crowd was into it, it was one of the coolest things I've ever been apart of. Although I was going against what they were rooting for so it was even better. :lol:

October 12th, 2011, 10:37 am
QB Coach

hamma77 wrote:
I need to get to a football game. Only have been to basketball games, and only once was the crowd even into it. When the crowd was into it, it was one of the coolest things I've ever been apart of. Although I was going against what they were rooting for so it was even better. :lol:

Yeah there is absolutely nothing that compares to being in a crazy sports environment. I haven't been to a Lions game that was nuts, but having been inside Cameron for the Duke games the past 2 years, man.... it's an amazing experience.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 12th, 2011, 12:06 pm
Hall of Fame Player

GopackGo wrote:
I agree, it is very possible they will split wins this year and I think the Lions have a very good young team. I just find it odd that the Lions are being hyped as the second best team in the league, and wanted to see if their fans bought into it. Have you?

HECK NO I have not bought into the Lions being the 2nd best team in the league!!!!!

WE are the VERY BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE !!!!!!

October 12th, 2011, 8:28 pm
Hall of Fame Player

GopackGo wrote:
I'm really confused at what your trying to say? That the Packers didn't deserve to be in the playoffs last year? Or that point differential in the past year means your (inferior) team has the upper leg on the super bowl champs. Or is it that the Detroit lions defense is better than the Packers?
Packers opponents- New orleans, Carolina, Chicago, Denver, Atlanta.
Lions opponents- Tampa, K.c., Minny, Dallas, bears.

Dude. NO is the only decent team you have played so far. Carolina, Chicago, Denver, and Atlanta all have losing records.

I so hope that the Packers are undefeated going into the Thanksgiving day game. Because we WILL BE undefeated. And we will still be undefeated at supper time on Thanksgiving day.

October 12th, 2011, 8:38 pm
Hall of Fame Player

GopackGo wrote:
Homer alert!
So last year the lions who couldn't make the playoffs were almost as good as the best team in the league? Outside of the defensive front four and maybe the o-line, the Lions are not better than the Pack in any aspect! The Lions are a good team, that is 5-0 becuase they havn't played a real team. I know the media may be screaming greatness but you are no where close! Please stop arguing stupid points with totally irrelavent information.

You are the homer. Best team in the league last year? You were a wild card team that was gift wrapped by us. That hardly qualifies as the best team in the league.

Incidentally, you will be the wild card team again this year. Because we are winning the division. So run along now cheeseboy, you have to get back to work making cheese.

BTW, have you ever heard of spell check?

October 12th, 2011, 8:44 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
GopackGo wrote:
I'm really confused at what your trying to say? That the Packers didn't deserve to be in the playoffs last year? Or that point differential in the past year means your (inferior) team has the upper leg on the super bowl champs. Or is it that the Detroit lions defense is better than the Packers?
Packers opponents- New orleans, Carolina, Chicago, Denver, Atlanta.
Lions opponents- Tampa, K.c., Minny, Dallas, bears.

Dude. NO is the only decent team you have played so far. Carolina, Chicago, Denver, and Atlanta all have losing records.

I so hope that the Packers are undefeated going into the Thanksgiving day game. Because we WILL BE undefeated. And we will still be undefeated at supper time on Thanksgiving day.

I never realized that, Good Point! New Orleans really is the only good team they played. I hate to say things like this, but we beat the Bears, who destroyed Atlanta, who GB just squeaked by.

We'll find out on Thanksgiving. I hope GB has their communication skills down, because theres no way will they be able to hear in Ford Field.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 12th, 2011, 10:11 pm
League MVP

i agree that the OL put it together for the most part, levy played his best game, wendling was good and the DL was just flat out nasty. when fairley was at the nose lined head up on the center he really created some problems. very encouraging game.

the only problem really were the penalties and that cutler had an amazing game - most QBs would have turned the ball over multiple times but he made some ridiculous completions instead - not sure we ll see anyone pull that off again. even aaron rodgers has a tendency to run and not make some of the contorted throws that cutler made. stafford missed a few open throws but he ll continue to improve for us.

October 14th, 2011, 12:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7