View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 1:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears on MONDAY NIGHT 
Stats Boy

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears on MONDAY NIGHT
Homer alert!
So last year the lions who couldn't make the playoffs were almost as good as the best team in the league? Outside of the defensive front four and maybe the o-line, the Lions are not better than the Pack in any aspect! The Lions are a good team, that is 5-0 becuase they havn't played a real team. I know the media may be screaming greatness but you are no where close! Please stop arguing stupid points with totally irrelavent information.

October 11th, 2011, 2:42 am
Stats Boy

Seeing that you believe last years stats somehow carry over to this year, the Pack was the 2nd best scoring defense last year... ](*,)

October 11th, 2011, 2:46 am
RIP Killer

GopackGo wrote:
I'm really confused at what your trying to say? That the Packers didn't deserve to be in the playoffs last year? Or that point differential in the past year means your (inferior) team has the upper leg on the super bowl champs. Or is it that the Detroit lions defense is better than the Packers?
Packers opponents- New orleans, Carolina, Chicago, Denver, Atlanta.
Lions opponents- Tampa, K.c., Minny, Dallas, bears.

The Packers opponents are 10-15 on the season, while the Lions opponents are 10-14.

So what EXACTLY is YOUR point in this??

October 11th, 2011, 2:55 am
Player of the Year - Defense

The only stats I brought up from last year were the scoreboard. Lost by 2, won by 3. Would the Pack have made the playoffs with 2nd and 3rd string QB last year?

Its pointless to argue, because you're going to be devoted to your team, which is expected. At least I can admit the the Lions are not playing up to their potential yet. They've made plenty of stupid mistakes that would cost other teams games, yet still have come out with wins. They have plenty of room to improve.

October 11th, 2011, 3:03 am
Stats Boy

njroar wrote:
The last team to beat GB was Detroit. We beat you by 3 and lost by 2, so we still have a +1 differential. We lost and won with 2nd and 3rd string QB's. GB is a talented team, but you can ignore who each team is playing, because all that matters is how we match up against each other. When they play its going to be a tough fought game. Division games always are. Every other game on the schedule is a test, but won't compare to teams that know each other that well.

Scoring offense - GB #1, Det #2
Scoring defense - GB #15, Det #3

I'm talking about the totally relavent defensive stats, through five games, when one team has nearly dominated and the other was playing catch up aganst garbage teams. And why you brought up anything about last year is beyond me, but your probably from detroit. And to say the lions havent played up to their potential? How good do you think their going to be? Stafford is not elite, they dont have a great running game, and their secondary + linebackers is nothing to be excited about.

October 11th, 2011, 3:20 am
Player of the Year - Defense

GB trailed by 10 against Carolina and 14 against Atlanta... by your classification, garbage teams.Dominated 3? And take away the 2 we trailed and we dominated 3? Still trying to see your point. Your opponents records are same as ours. 10-15, vs 10-14 for Det, due to Dallas having bye this week. Just trying to figure out exactly where you're leaps and bounds better, except by your own proclamation. GB is going to be labeled the better team until Detroit proves differently on Thanksgiving. Until then, anything you're proclaiming is homerism on your part, which you're complaining that I'm doing. The Irony.

And if you read the name, nj = New Jersey. But this is a Lion's forum, so I'm not rushing off to a GB site because I'm upset that the media is giving Detroit some attention.

And repeat after me... r-e-l-e-v-a-n-t.

October 11th, 2011, 3:35 am
Rookie Player of the Year

NFC North Team W L T Pct PF PA Net Pts TD Home Road Div Pct Conf Pct Non-Conf Streak

Detroit Lions 5 0 0 1.000 159 89 70 18 2-0 3-0 2-0 1.000 4-0 1.000 1-0 5W 5-0
Green Bay Packers 5 0 0 1.000 173 111 62 21 2-0 3-0 1-0 1.000 4-0 1.000 1-0 5W 5-0
Chicago Bears 2 3 0 .400 107 122 -15 11 2-1 0-2 0-2 .000 2-3 .400 0-0 1L 2-3
Minnesota Vikings 1 4 0 .200 111 106 5 12 1-2 0-2 0-1 .000 1-2 .333 0-2 1W 1-4

October 11th, 2011, 6:21 am
Heisman Winner

Give me Pettigrew over Finley because he is a better blocker and because IF we were to use him in the role of Finley he would do just as good. We throw to Pettigrew but it's not a staple of our offense by any means. I'm not knocking Finley, he's really really good which is quite scary added to their already array of weapons but there isn't a clear cut favorite between the two.

I've watched almost every college game, and every pro game of Pettigrews life and the dude can catch pretty much any catch. If you had to perfectly design a tight end it'd pretty much be Pettigrew.

October 11th, 2011, 7:58 am
Heisman Winner

Did this guy just say our linebackers aren't nothing?

There aren't many teams that have a better all around group of linebackers than us. I know some people hate on Levy around here but the dude has shown flashes of being a really really good player. Last night he was all over the place making plays.

Tulloch, Durant, Levy, throw in Carpenter who is playing out of his mind, hell even Ashlee Palmer has made huge plays this season in some goal line stuff.

October 11th, 2011, 8:02 am
QB Coach

@Gopackgo

It's funny, I come in on Tuesday morning to check on the after action report and what do I see? A Packers fan smushing our MNF thread with arguments about your team, WHO WE DON'T PLAY TILL NOVEMBER. What this tells me is that someone is nervous, especially after you witnessed the damage a sub par d line like Atlanta did to Mr. Rogers. Your team rallied, and won that game, but your QB got hit quite a bit, and Atlanta doesn't measure up to the Silver Crush.

For you to come in and talk smack on MNF as we play the bears, really shows the subconscious nervousness GB is feeling. Who's gaining more confidence as the season goes on? Who's getting more hungry as the season goes on? The team that has been here before as recently as last year, or the team that is experiencing these delicacies for the first time in over a decade.

It's like giving a man who's dying of thirst a drink of water; he wants more, and will become violent to get it if necessary. So we shall see come November, and just remember your buddy Aaron is one head ache away from sitting down for a while.

So let me be one of the first to offer you some whine to go with your cheese, and have a nice day!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 11th, 2011, 8:28 am
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:
@Gopackgo

It's funny, I come in on Tuesday morning to check on the after action report and what do I see? A Packers fan smushing our MNF thread with arguments about your team, WHO WE DON'T PLAY TILL NOVEMBER. What this tells me is that someone is nervous, especially after you witnessed the damage a sub par d line like Atlanta did to Mr. Rogers. Your team rallied, and won that game, but your QB got hit quite a bit, and Atlanta doesn't measure up to the Silver Crush.

For you to come in and talk smack on MNF as we play the bears, really shows the subconscious nervousness GB is feeling. Who's gaining more confidence as the season goes on? Who's getting more hungry as the season goes on? The team that has been here before as recently as last year, or the team that is experiencing these delicacies for the first time in over a decade.

It's like giving a man who's dying of thirst a drink of water; he wants more, and will become violent to get it if necessary. So we shall see come November, and just remember your buddy Aaron is one head ache away from sitting down for a while.

So let me be one of the first to offer you some whine to go with your cheese, and have a nice day!

+1

October 11th, 2011, 9:28 am
Div 1 - Starter

obviously the packer fans are feeling a little threatened that they need to come here and rain on our parade. the packers will fall on there face at some point in the season just like they always do. they will have the 4 or 5 games where they will come out and look like a totally different team just like they always do.

October 11th, 2011, 10:05 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Personally I think a little too much is being made of the come backs this year... It's somehow more acceptable to win trading blows than to make runs? The game is 60 mins long and 5 out of 5 times we were ahead when that time ran out. I don't think it makes us look any better if romo spreads his interceptions out over 3 quarters than if he throws them in groups like he did... Bottom line is we forced them... All of them were good plays by the defense... They certainly werent gift wrappped...

All I have to say to the packers troll is this... No one here or in Allen Park is scared of your packers... We earned this record without even coming close to perfect execution... What happens when we do? What do you think Ford Field is going sound like thanksgiving day when our teams battle for the division lead and inside track for home field in the playoffs on national tv? How do you think your embattled oline is going to handle our dominant dline when they can't hear themselves think let alone the snap count and Rodgers' pre-snap adjustments? Just what our dline needs right? Another advantage... Like I said.... No one is scared of your damn packers...

October 11th, 2011, 10:27 am
Pro Bowl Player

We've got 6 more weeks to talk smack to the Fudgepackers. Why is he in here now?

Anyways, Lions vs. Bears

Just rewatched the game. rewatched the highlights. then re - rewatched the highlights 8)

I think the absolutely most impressive thing about that game, is there was never a receiver that was open. Every throw Cutler made there was a Lion in the receivers face. And he was always on the run.

San Francisco won 48-3 against and top my list of concerns over Packers fan.

Was that a fluke game, or is San Fran for real? They are coming to our house :arrow:

October 11th, 2011, 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Usually its bears/vikings fans who come to troll on our forums, all the packers fans I've talked to have been giving the lions their dues and are content with greenbay staying out of the spotlight.

well anyway, the game was awesome! jahvid had a great game, reminded me of the barry sanders days. I'm not trying to compare them as players just how the play occurred during the course of the game, we weren't getting any yards on the ground and than bam! jahvid goes 88 yards for the score. IDK, that just stood out to me.

October 11th, 2011, 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next