View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 12:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Prediction for the Rest of the Season? 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Prediction for the Rest of the Season?
mwill2 wrote:
49ers wrote:
It's amazing how blind fans can be. I wonder if I'm like this with my Niners.
The 49ers are an excellent team, no question, but you make it sound as if the Lions were pummeled by them. The 49ers won on a 4th-and-goal, do-or-die play. I'm not trying to diminish the victory by any means--it was a good, tough game and I don't have any sour grapes about the loss. Congrats to your team for playing better that day.

I didn't even talk about the Lions loss to the 49ers. I'm not sure where you get the impression you did about the "pummeled" comment. Are you sure you got the right guy? I've spoken pretty respectfully towards your franchise my entire time here. I haven't even talked about the Lions/49ers game at all, other than the outcome.

On a side note, isn't it ironic that the Lions always had Barry Sanders and never a passing game, and now you have a passing game but no Barry Sanders? Imagine if the Lions had both? omfg unstoppable.

November 16th, 2011, 8:39 pm
NFL Team Captain

49ers wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
49ers wrote:
The 49ers are an excellent team, no question, but you make it sound as if the Lions were pummeled by them. The 49ers won on a 4th-and-goal, do-or-die play. I'm not trying to diminish the victory by any means--it was a good, tough game and I don't have any sour grapes about the loss. Congrats to your team for playing better that day.

I didn't even talk about the Lions loss to the 49ers. I'm not sure where you get the impression you did about the "pummeled" comment. Are you sure you got the right guy? I've spoken pretty respectfully towards your franchise my entire time here. I haven't even talked about the Lions/49ers game at all, other than the outcome.

On a side note, isn't it ironic that the Lions always had Barry Sanders and never a passing game, and now you have a passing game but no Barry Sanders? Imagine if the Lions had both? omfg unstoppable.

I was really excited to see what Mikel Leshoure could bring to the table, unfortunately he blew out his achilles. I think he is going to be huge for us next year if he can come back healthy and doesn't have any set backs, he could be a game changer. Jahvid Best is a 3rd down back IMO and while he has some speed and opposing defenses respect that, I don't think they really fear Jahvid Best. Best to me is not built to carry the load, he broke down last year and he has had concussion issues this year. Honestly, I'd be surprised to see him playing football 3 years from now. Our running game is in shambles and has been for years.

November 16th, 2011, 8:51 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

49ers wrote:
mwill2 wrote:
49ers wrote:

I got that impression from this:

Quote:
I remember when you guys were 5-0 going "easy win easy win roflroflolol" about my Niners. That was such bs. I knew how good we were. My team can sustain long drives and keep the defense off of the field, and Alex Smith off of his back. That's crucial. Our secondary is still horrid, but if you can rush the QB, that's a way to balance it out.

I sensed an implication that "my team can do these things and your team cannot." If that indeed is the implication, then I stand by what I wrote. In spite of the Lions not being able to do these things, the result of the game indicated that the 49ers are only marginally better than the Lions.

Now, I might have read too much into your post...if so, it is my mistake. Either way, cheers. I like that you are here chatting with us.

What will be interesting to observe is how both teams respond to their current situation. SF has some tough opponents ahead. It looks like the NFC West is wrapped up and the media has fully jumped on the bandwagon. Can they maintain their composure? The Lions clobbered Denver, only to get clobbered by Chicago, capping a disappointing 1-3 stretch. Can the Lions regroup and finish strong or will they pack it in? We'll learn a lot about the character of both teams over the next seven weeks.

November 16th, 2011, 9:47 pm
Modmin Dude

49ers wrote:
Panthers 2-7 - This isn't going to be easy. The Panthers defense is bad, but their RUSHING defense is what makes it so terrible. You guys can't even run that well. They can score points on the ground or through the air. They BARELY lost to the other 3 NFC North teams. Their biggest lost this year was 16 points... you guys lost by more than that twice. This isn't a slam dunk by any means. This is more likely a win, but I give it only a 60-40 chance for one.

We did??? :confused:

SF 25 @ DET 19 - 6
ATL 23 @ DET 16 - 7
DET 13 @ CHI 37 - 24

Agreed it won't be a slam dunk, that said according to your emotional game theory, the Lions should come out big after being embarrassed Sunday, no?

November 17th, 2011, 12:19 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quote:
49ers wrote:

Panthers 2-7 - This isn't going to be easy. The Panthers defense is bad, but their RUSHING defense is what makes it so terrible. You guys can't even run that well. They can score points on the ground or through the air. They BARELY lost to the other 3 NFC North teams. Their biggest lost this year was 16 points... you guys lost by more than that twice. This isn't a slam dunk by any means. This is more likely a win, but I give it only a 60-40 chance for one.

I understand you guys beat us and it's fun to subtetly jab at the Lions. But atleast you can supply the facts. It's not going to be easy but we are still a pretty good team. Pats, Ravens, Bears, Giants and Bengals are all 6-3 yet I doubt you would like the Panthers chances vs them as much as you do us.

November 17th, 2011, 1:40 am
RIP Killer

49ers wrote:
I remember when you guys were 5-0 going "easy win easy win roflroflolol" about my Niners. That was such bs. I knew how good we were. My team can sustain long drives and keep the defense off of the field, and Alex Smith off of his back. That's crucial. Our secondary is still horrid, but if you can rush the QB, that's a way to balance it out.

I don't know that you saw this prediction on this website. Most of us were anticipating a hard fought game. It was the niners fans that came off that game acting as if they had just demolished the Lions, when in fact it came down to the wire.

49ers wrote:

Their pass defense isn't that great. The Lions CAN run the ball. Mo Morris is actually better suited for this offense than Best, in my opinion. He was good last season late when he was filling in for Best, and he's doing pretty well this season now as well. He may not be Adrian Peterson, or Frank Gore, but he's better than most give him credit for.

As for your comment about us losing twice by more than 16 points...well, that's already been covered. Basically, that's a false statement...so your best bet is to own up to it. And this last loss to the Bears, which is the big loss you are speaking of.....well, consider the fact that our offense GAVE the Bears 24 points. I don't see them doing that with the Panthers. If you take that 24 points off the board, our defense allowed just 13. Cam Newton will likely enjoy a measure of success running the ball. But he just doesn't have the supporting cast to get the Panthers over the top. I don't find this a slam-dunk win either. But unless the Lions completely fall apart ala the last game, I don't see the Panthers having a genuine chance at winning.

November 19th, 2011, 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4