View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 8:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Prediction for the Rest of the Season? 
Div 1 - Starter

Post Re: Prediction for the Rest of the Season?
If they can snap out of this funk and beat Carolina, Oakland, San Diego, and Minnesota they could finish 10-6. 11-5 if they somehow steal one from Green Bay or New Orleans. But yeah, the way they played today, they could also end up at 6-10.

November 13th, 2011, 10:25 pm
RIP Killer

Too bad Oakland is actually good, San Diego has a ton of talent, but rivers has flat out stunk for most of the year (could go either way), and minny is actually very good (their line has been playing well, their d has been very good, and AP is AP).

Hard to seen positives there, but the possibility of W's are here

November 13th, 2011, 10:30 pm
QB Coach

I'm now thinking 9-7 and missing the playoffs. We have too many needs on the oline to compete with the playoff caliber teams.

November 13th, 2011, 11:16 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

They have one bad game and everyone throws in the towel. Nice.

Quote:
Too bad Oakland is actually good, San Diego has a ton of talent, but rivers has flat out stunk for most of the year (could go either way), and minny is actually very good

Except they are not.

Oakland is mediocre and Minnesota remains horrendous.

The Lions had an off week and they walked into a trap to boot. This game should not be indicative of the rest of the season.

November 13th, 2011, 11:46 pm
Div 1 - Starter

10-6 might not be good enough to make the playoffs when you're competing against Chicago (easy schedule the rest of the way) and Atlanta (who has an easy schedule the rest of the way and the tiebreaker).

November 14th, 2011, 12:07 am
Player of the Year - Defense

The Lions, Bears, and Falcons are probably all on pace to go 10-6. This could get interesting.

November 14th, 2011, 12:14 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Just to keep it all in perspective even a 9-7 finish--which seems disappointing given the 5-0 start--would still be the best Lions record since 2000. 10-6, even if the Lions miss the playoffs, would be the best record since 1995. Just trying to cheer myself up after enduring a really lousy game...I'm remembering that every game used to feel like today.

Playoffs are still very much a possibility although today's team didn't look playoff bound to me. They'll need to bounce back next week vs. Carolina...and a little Thanksgiving Day magic would be nice too.

November 14th, 2011, 12:52 am
RIP Killer

If the Bears, Lions and Falcons all finish 10-6 the Lions will not make the playoffs. They had better hope Atlanta falls apart. The Bears schedule from now on out is far more favorable than the Lions' is. At 6-3 the Lions still have a legitimate shot at 10 wins. But not if Stafford continues missing open receivers, and running at the slightest sign of pressure. He was ridiculous yesterday. He started off good, but seemed to have completely lost his mind after the Burleson fumble.

While his injuries have been a concern, what needs to be the bigger concern is his mental state. After that San Francisco game he just hasn't been the same. He seems to be playing scared.

November 14th, 2011, 9:18 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

m2karateman wrote:
If the Bears, Lions and Falcons all finish 10-6 the Lions will not make the playoffs.

Not disputing but curious what the calculation is here and how it could be determined already. We split with theBears, so if they both go 10-6, what determines who would get the wild card? Is it SOS , NFC Victories or something else?

Why would the Lions already be out of that with 7 games left?

November 14th, 2011, 7:26 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Division wins I believe

November 14th, 2011, 10:17 pm
Varsity Captain

m2karateman wrote:
If the Bears, Lions and Falcons all finish 10-6 the Lions will not make the playoffs. They had better hope Atlanta falls apart. The Bears schedule from now on out is far more favorable than the Lions' is. At 6-3 the Lions still have a legitimate shot at 10 wins. But not if Stafford continues missing open receivers, and running at the slightest sign of pressure. He was ridiculous yesterday. He started off good, but seemed to have completely lost his mind after the Burleson fumble.

While his injuries have been a concern, what needs to be the bigger concern is his mental state. After that San Francisco game he just hasn't been the same. He seems to be playing scared.

scared is right. running from shadows. no heart. no guts. i may puke again. "off his back foot with a glove on." :-&

November 15th, 2011, 12:36 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Blueskies wrote:
They have one bad game and everyone throws in the towel. Nice.

Quote:
Too bad Oakland is actually good, San Diego has a ton of talent, but rivers has flat out stunk for most of the year (could go either way), and minny is actually very good
q

Oakland is alright.
San Diego is good.
Minnesota just flat out sucks.

I am not throwing in the towel yet, but it's going to be hard.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 15th, 2011, 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

At this point, the best we can expect is 9-7, realistically. Given the current state of the team, and the mental state of Matthew Stafford, they won't beat New Orleans, I don't think they beat Oakland, and they won't even compete with Green Bay. I have a feeling we're going to see another Turkey Day Blowout. It 10-6 out of the question? No. Oakland is beatable, even at home. But given what I'm seeing out of this team, I suspect they perform out West like they traditionally have, and lose.

They should beat Carolina and Minnesota handily. San Diego? Depends on which Philip Rivers shows up at Ford Field.

November 15th, 2011, 4:20 pm
Varsity Captain

It's amazing how blind fans can be. I wonder if I'm like this with my Niners.

The Lions aren't that good without a running game or an offensive line to keep Stafford from being pressured. The 49ers only rushed 4 people all game and managed to generate a good amount of pressure. That means Stafford had to throw quickly, on the run, vs 7 guys in coverage. That can't be easy.

I remember when you guys were 5-0 going "easy win easy win roflroflolol" about my Niners. That was such bs. I knew how good we were. My team can sustain long drives and keep the defense off of the field, and Alex Smith off of his back. That's crucial. Our secondary is still horrid, but if you can rush the QB, that's a way to balance it out.

Anyway, back to your topic, I'm going to give my opinion. Keep in mind, I'm not trying to bash you guys. I'm just giving my honest opinion. And IMO there are no "easy wins" for you guys. We play the Rams and Cardinals still... twice. And the Seahawks once, but that's an away game and the freakin Seahawks always manage to pull off some BS. Either way, we have MUCH easier games than you guys.

Panthers 2-7 - This isn't going to be easy. The Panthers defense is bad, but their RUSHING defense is what makes it so terrible. You guys can't even run that well. They can score points on the ground or through the air. They BARELY lost to the other 3 NFC North teams. Their biggest lost this year was 16 points... you guys lost by more than that twice. This isn't a slam dunk by any means. This is more likely a win, but I give it only a 60-40 chance for one.

Packers 9-0 - This could be a win given the circumstances. They can't run, they can only pass. Their pass defense is HORRID. I can see a shootout here. The team that learns how to run the ball will win the game imo. Lions have a good chance, 45-55 W-L chance.

@ Saints 7-3 - All 3 Saints losses are on the road. They flat-out DOMINATE at home. If the Lions beat the Packers, they will be so pumped from that win that they will lose big. If they lose to the Packers, it will be closer, but I still see a loss. Lions chances here are 25-75 imo.

Vikings 2-7 - Home vs the Vikings. Not a slam-dunk anymore. They can run the ball and like I said earlier, you guys can't stop the run. I predict a Lions win but a close game. Lions win chances: 80-20.

@ Raiders 5-4 - Raiders are a LOT better than they were. The Raiders could be playing for a playoff spot, and may play very hard this game. They also play the Packers the week before, at Lambeau. If they beat the Packers, this will be a Lions win hands-down. If they do not, I predict a closer game, but really it will be a coin flip: 50-50

Chargers 4-5 - This is the worst team you play. If they keep free-falling, they will be crushed by this point, and will want nothing more than to get the season over with asap. Seriously, their 4 wins are against a bunch of scrubs. Lions win big at home: 90-10 chance.

@ Packers 9-0 - (Loss... but win if the Packers are resting players) - Loss if the Packers gotta play perfect or for the #1 or #2 spots. Lions lose HUGE actually. But if the Packers have nothing to play for, Lions will win: 90-10 chance if the Packers don't need to play, 5-95 chance if the Packers play hard.

==========================================

I'm a big observer of the "emotional game" theory. When the Ravens beat the Steelers, they then lost to the Titans. They beat the Steelers, and then lost to the Seahawks. Both of those games were REALLY emotional.

The Lions beat the Bears in a revenge Monday night game at home, that was very emotional. I felt good about the 49ers chances the following Sunday because of that.

The Giants beat the Patriots and carried the coach off of the field after. They lost to the 49ers the following week.

The Saints KILLED the Colts in primetime, 62-7 I think. Very emotional to win like that the way they did. They lost to the Rams the following week.

Big wins are followed up by big losses much of the time. GL to you guys..... ps... I hate Schwartz, but love everything else about the Detroit Lions.

November 16th, 2011, 7:04 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

49ers wrote:
It's amazing how blind fans can be. I wonder if I'm like this with my Niners.

The answer is yes. :D

The 49ers are an excellent team, no question, but you make it sound as if the Lions were pummeled by them. The 49ers won on a 4th-and-goal, do-or-die play. I'm not trying to diminish the victory by any means--it was a good, tough game and I don't have any sour grapes about the loss. Congrats to your team for playing better that day.

The point you make about week 17 is a good one. The Pack might rest their starters so if the Lions are still in the wild card race in week 17, they could end up stealing a victory. I've been chalking that game up as a loss but one never knows...

I could see the Lions finishing 3-4 with a 9-7 overall record. That would be our best result in over a decade so even though it would be disappointment given the 5-0 start, it would certainly be an indicator that our coach and front office is finally fixing this broken franchise. I'm hoping for 10-6 or better, with an outside shot at the playoffs.

November 16th, 2011, 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next