View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 11th, 2018, 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 What's the Lowdown on the 49ers? 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: What's the Lowdown on the 49ers?
I said the niners don't have a guy that can take it all the way every time they touch the ball like best. Not that he was better than gore. I know all about Kendall too saw every one of his college games. Your wrs are trash tho..braylon has popcorn fingers and craptree hasn't emerged as a threat.

October 12th, 2011, 4:12 pm
Towel Boy

Huge Niner fan here. You guys are getting your nuts ridden hard by everybody! Myself included. I really am happy for you guys. No fanbase imho deserves a winner more than you. You've been through the gutter for a long while. It's a great story. That said, I hope you guys get your first L this Sunday. If both teams come to play - and I don't expect these two team not to with the kind of leadership they have - it'll be a brutal game.

I don't expect us to completely stop Stafford to Megatron < seriously, is there a better nickname in all of sports?! If they can just limit the bloodletting we'll be in it in the end. Jahvid Best is a threat to take it to the house every snap. Happy for him as I'm a rabid Cal fan as well. That said, you will not see a better, smarter, more athletic tandem of LB'ers than you will this weekend in Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman. The latter will be in the Pro Bowl next year at the latest too, if not this. The way he's playing it'll be this year. The front seven of the Niners gets all the love, but that secondary is coming into it's stride. They did get smoked by Vick so they definitely aren't world beaters, though it was hard to blame them for a lot of those yards. If you watched that game, it was vintage Michael Vick. He was ON that game. Just watch though for Goldson to lay a lick on one of your receivers during the course of the game. Also you're gonna see two TE's (sometimes 3) all game long. To stay in and block or go downfield? That's the dilemma.

X factor - that boy named Suh. Respect that entire team of yours...but that animal f'cking terrifies me.

49ers/Bucs Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4tAPSuXsXM

October 12th, 2011, 4:40 pm
Heisman Winner

It's going to be interesting for sure because we haven't played a team that is anything like the Niners. Bucs have a decent power attack but they got behind and never used it, Minnesota and Chicago a good running game but not really a power attack, and Cowboys obviously just sling the ball around like retards.

October 12th, 2011, 4:44 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

hamma77 wrote:
I said the niners don't have a guy that can take it all the way every time they touch the ball like best. Not that he was better than gore. I know all about Kendall too saw every one of his college games. Your wrs are trash tho..braylon has popcorn fingers and craptree hasn't emerged as a threat.

Let's say you're right and the Niners don't have any threats like you describe. The reality is players like you are refering to only matter in fantasy football. In the real game, the only thing that matters is getting the first down and eventually a TD. This is what the Niners do, and do it very well. They'll eat a defense up with a short passing game and plenty of runs(about 50/50). They keep 'em guessing as to what is gonna happen next with lots of different looks on the LOS all while keeping the playbook very simple. It's not flashy, but it is damn effective.

October 12th, 2011, 4:45 pm
Stats Boy

hamma77 wrote:

I'm not going to try to talk smack to anyone, not who I am, but I gotta address this... Do you even know how many drops Braylon had last year? You should learn and state facts and not just the hot words you hear on TV.

anyways, i'm obviously another Niner fan haha. I think Detroit is doing AMAZING this year and am really happy for you guys. I've never been a Lions fan but i've been a Stafford fan ever since the browns game. You guys know the one. That was legitly one of the ballsiest things i've ever seen a football player do and loved every second of it. The Sound FX made me love it even more. "Hey, that was a timeout, I can play right?" Just... That's what a NFL player should be. Cutler needs to take lessons.

Okay anyways, down to the nitty gritty. Im scared about this game. I really am. Stafford will be an elite QB if he can stay healthy and I think he will from now on. Megatron, Best, Suh, Fairley. You guys are putting together an awesome team and one that opposing offenses are scared of.
Definitely not the team we faced last time. Alex Smith is a tough guy and our offensive line has been playing a lot better these last few weeks but they also haven't faced a defense like yours. Smith has been an incredible QB this season. I say that for a couple reasons: He's making plays that an elite QB makes. We had a snap go past him one game, he ran after it with a defensive player on his rectum, nabbed it on a bounce, turned around and launched it perfectly 50 yards down the field and into the hands of Gore, who would have hauled it down but the CB was in the process of earning a pass interference penalty. That's just one example but all I ask is to please not just pass over him as "the same old Smith" He hasn't been like this his entire career, he looks awesome and it's because of Harbaugh. He has only thrown one INT and is handling the rock very well, getting it out to everyone, checking down when he has to and steadily gets us down the field and into scoring opportunities. He may not be a pro bowler just yet, but he IS putting up great games.

You guys already know about Gore. He's consistently a top 5 RB in the league. The only difference now is that he has Hunter, who a few other members have touched on. He has a great amount of talent at running and catching (even thought he has dropped a few passes, he has also made huge plays) and he comes in nicely to give Gore a breather when he needs it, keeping Gore fresh throughout the game, completely different from other years when it was just Gore Gore Gore. There's a constantly a fresh and rested RB in there and he breaks off huge plays like he always does. Best is a good RB, but I wouldn't put him in the same category as Gore.

Braylon is gone and Morgan is gone, that worries me a bit. Morgan was actually a damn good receiver, even though one of you said otherwise. He's built very well for the offense we're running now. Crabtree is too though. He'll snag a pass out of the air and take off with it. He had quite a few good plays against Philly and TB.

For defense, I believe this is where we really shine. Everyone talks about how many yards we gave up against the Eagles, but considering how much we gave up, how many points did we give up? We definitely have a bend but don't break element to us. Our front 7 is one of the best in the league. Patrick Willis is... Patrick Willis. He's one of the best linebackers in the league, if not THE best. And then right next to him? Patrick Willis JR, Navorro Bowman. This kid has great skill and the coaches get him and Willis confused while watching game film. That should tell you something.

We gave up... I believe 18 or 20 yards to Blount last week. And that's with us missing our starting nose tackle who should be back this week. Don't expect Best to make many plays while running the ball, it will be extremely extremely hard for him to do it.

Cornerbacks are getting much better as the season goes back. Rogers is doing a lot better than I thought he would and Culliver looked great last week. Dashon Goldson... Oh boy. If you guys didn't watch the TB game, I really suggest looking up the videos of Goldson's hits during it. And the Eagle game too. He's doing crazy good.

Like I said before, I know you guys have a great team. This is the one game that actually scares me on our schedule. I really really don't know how it will turn out but i'm f course going to go with the Niners winning. I'm a fan, what can I say. I do think this will be a close close game and easily the game of the week though. I'd like to come back and post during the game if you guys are cool with that.

October 12th, 2011, 4:51 pm
Stats Boy

Also, I would like to have some TV and radio respect for the Niners as well but I don't get why it bothers some fans as much as it does. It just gets me more pumped for the next game so we can prove them wrong.

October 12th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Towel Boy

Hello there my fellow NFL fans. Congratulations on your 5-0 start first of all, been a long time coming for sure and well deserved.

I wanted to shed a lil insight from my POV. I know Marvin, but I don't know the other 49er poster. I understand the underlying passion of 49ers posts, but don't have that same POV about disrespect. Respect is earned and it's been too long since we 49ers have had consecutive good games. We just had one and most in the media especially the East Coast wants to see more. However, we did start getting lots of love from the NFL network yesterday with an exclusive piece about Alex Smith from Mike Mayock, nice. Therefore, I see the media coming around.

To me, this is the best game at the best time for us, a true heavyweight bout. Jerry rice mentioned how the teams of the past would wish and look forward to games like this. So does Harbaugh, never to back away from a fight. He has this team believing in themselves. He has them focused on what it takes to win: repetition towards an attention to details in practice. Harbaugh's coaching staff has done a very good job individually and as a group coaching their respective positions. Right now, I believe the secondary is the one that is improving most. Rogers and Culliver, a third round rook at that, stood out last week, worried about Tarell Brown though. I love what Donatell has done with this group. And finally, a "Woooooo" hit coined by the Great Ronnie Lott driven by Goldson. We need more of those. Would love to see one on CJ.

Our strength on D is the front seven with a much faster group of LBs than Chicago especially the tandem of Willis and Bowman. Do you know that our DC used to be the LB coach for the "Dome Patrol", dubbed the best LB core ever? He knows how to scheme well. To that point, we will not be in our base D for this game. Instead, we will have our nickle package where we go 4 2 5 scheme, take the back end away and make them throw in front where the LBs and Ss can swarm in for the tackle. I expect us to scheme against Megatron 4robot.gif (Wow! I follow the draft and was so high on this kid and knew that all he needed was a good QB to be one of the best there is.) by pressing him at the LOS and disrupt his timing. I see our D having the ability to diagnose the Max. protect you run for that TD play to CJ. This group loves to watch film so there will be lots of studying this week. I expect us to keep CJ in check most of the time. Still, I do expect CJ to be the focus of your attack.

On offense, it's Alex and the OL. The OL blocks well now. However, there are times that they still whiff, not much though. I wear my #77, Iupati, jersey with pride and love the way he plays, a mauler. I expect us to pull him toward Suh at times. I expect our OL to attack Suh head on instead of allowing him to use his incredible explosiveness to slice into the back field. Adam Snyder will have his hands full, but it will be a team effort against your best defensive player. I expect this OL group to slow down that really aggressive attack.

In addition, your three LBs will have to do some serious tackling because our TEs will be coming out in bunches. I have always liked Carpenter and expect him to be on Davis. He may have the best skill set to cover him. That means Delaine Walker will have more open opps. Also we run and unbalanced line with three TEs at times. This formation will give you guys fits. Is it run? Is it pass? We can run both from that formation because of the pass catching and route running abilities of Davis and Walker.

Play action will be key, too. It is time to use the speed at WR because we are out of big WRs. The tallest, Crabs, is only 6'1". However, both Ginn and Williams provide a whole different look and can extend your D outside with that speed. This is the matchup I'm looking for if you guys stack 8 in the box. This is not the same ol Alex Smith and to over look him could be the demise of that D.

To be honest, I worry about the noise level. Incredible!!! 9 false starts. =D> Great job, Detroit!!!! Our OL has had issues in communicating and this is one area they need to get down in a hurry. Still, our OL is much better than that atrociousness in Chicago. That OL was bad.

That leaves ST where I think we can win. With two great Ds, I see this game coming down to the kicking and return games. We are very solid in those. Andy Lee can rocket that ball with his leg and Akers has still got it from long range. You all saw what Ginn can do and oh, that's right. Ginn loves to play at Michigan, huh? He may just be able to break one to the house FTW, literally. 8)

Close game. Great D. Exciting times for both of us. We will win, IMO, because I expect us to make less mistakes. Discipline will be the key to winning in this game.

Good luck and :cheers: Here's to a great game and no injuries.

Last edited by NinerTico on October 12th, 2011, 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

October 12th, 2011, 4:59 pm
Heisman Winner

NinerTico wrote:
Good luck and :cheers: Here's to a great game and no injuries.

Amen to that. We are both going to be in a good spot win or loss.

October 12th, 2011, 5:07 pm
Div 1 - Starter

First off...wow I don't think I've ever seen so many opposing fans visit. I know the 9ers aren't getting the media respect, but they're getting it among fans. This will be the Lions toughest opponent to date. Since their at home this is a game I say the Lions should win but I will not be shocked if they don't. It should be a great game and I'm hoping to see our D dominate but the TE matchup is worrisome. The Lions are media darlings this year and unfortunately for Niners fans even if they get the win, coverage will still be about the Detroit loss. Fans of this team have been there before and can sympathize. All I can say is this game scares me and I hope the Lions kill the early mistakes and take down a legit team for win #6.

October 12th, 2011, 6:01 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

SimplePoster wrote:
First off...wow I don't think I've ever seen so many opposing fans visit. I know the 9ers aren't getting the media respect, but they're getting it among fans. This will be the Lions toughest opponent to date. Since their at home this is a game I say the Lions should win but I will not be shocked if they don't. It should be a great game and I'm hoping to see our D dominate but the TE matchup is worrisome. The Lions are media darlings this year and unfortunately for Niners fans even if they get the win, coverage will still be about the Detroit loss. Fans of this team have been there before and can sympathize. All I can say is this game scares me and I hope the Lions kill the early mistakes and take down a legit team for win #6.

This is why you're getting all of us Niner fans posting at once.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/159048-what-lions-fans-saying-about/

October 12th, 2011, 6:19 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Texas9erFan wrote:
SimplePoster wrote:

This is why you're getting all of us Niner fans posting at once.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/159048-what-lions-fans-saying-about/

Lions should win, but they need to come out and get points on the board early. We won't be able to wait so long like the past 3 games to get the ball moving.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 12th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

I joined for teh lulz :mrgreen:

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

October 12th, 2011, 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Towel Boy

Whats up Lion Jungle?

Y2R here from the goldmines in S.F. We struck gold with Harbaugh who has us playing at a high level.

The reason we have been winning is due to causing turnovers and protecting the ball ourselves. You won't likely see many big offensive plays from us, but we will methodically drive down the field and before you know it, we're in FG range.

From an offensive standpoint, we play BIG. We will use two/three TEs sets, use our NT as a full back, and somtimes have tackle eligible TEs. The best part of all this is that we can pass out of those formations using the TEs and RBs as WRs.

As a defense, we are aggresive and bring the pressure. We have a top 5 front 7 in the game which includes Willis, McDonald, Justin Smith, Soapoga, Brooks, and Aldon Smith. Watch out for the rookie Aldon. He has been a monster the last two games are nearly unblockable.

We have an elite special teams. From long snapper to KR, they are all current or former Pro-Bowlers. Don't expect any ST mistakes.

It will be a close game. If we can stop your passing attack we can win. If you can stop our running game you guys can win.

October 12th, 2011, 6:57 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

This Board is kinda slow... :\

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

October 12th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

modninerfan wrote:
This Board is kinda slow... :\

Don't forget it's nearly 9:00pm here right now on a Wednesday and most people are watching the Tigers fall apart in the ALCS.

October 12th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next