View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 10:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Embarrassing... 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Embarrassing...
I'll guarantee we would have been live if we gave them, Kid Rock, Emeinem, Bob Seger and born in Detroit....Madonna!

I know it's a joke but just saying \:D/ \:D/

October 11th, 2011, 6:01 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
We should of had Eminem do it. Have him do Thanksgiving then, I bet we can have him do some sort of rap to the Lions.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 11th, 2011, 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
If they would have had AWOLnation play "Sail" it would have at least been in a backdrop. Our display was nothing short of pathetic.

October 12th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Nobody should expect a flashy halftime show unless it will be on TV. Monday Night Football doesn't televise halftime shows, so there's no reason for the Monday night halftime show to be any different from any other game. When Ford Field hosted the Super Bowl, they landed the Rolling Stones--because it would be on TV.

None of the teams that have hosted MNF this year have had big-name acts at halftime. The Giants did a 1986 team reunion, which is admittedly pretty cool, but Tampa Bay had a marching band and Dallas had a local Tejano band. I'm not saying the local show choir did a grand job because I was out in the concourse for most of it but nobody should have expected Stevie Wonder or Kid Rock.

October 12th, 2011, 2:02 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
mwill2 wrote:
Nobody should expect a flashy halftime show unless it will be on TV. Monday Night Football doesn't televise halftime shows, so there's no reason for the Monday night halftime show to be any different from any other game. When Ford Field hosted the Super Bowl, they landed the Rolling Stones--because it would be on TV.

None of the teams that have hosted MNF this year have had big-name acts at halftime. The Giants did a 1986 team reunion, which is admittedly pretty cool, but Tampa Bay had a marching band and Dallas had a local Tejano band. I'm not saying the local show choir did a grand job because I was out in the concourse for most of it but nobody should have expected Stevie Wonder or Kid Rock.

Anyone know who is doing the Thanksgiving halftime show?

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 12th, 2011, 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Boz wrote:
I'll guarantee we would have been live if we gave them, Kid Rock, Emeinem, Bob Seger and born in Detroit....Madonna!

Or if they really wanted the crowd going they could of had the MC5 there and they could of open with Kick out the jams Mother ----ers!!!

Even though half the MC5 is probably dead by now.

Believe Madonna is a Bay City girl if my memory serves me right and I saw an article about a week back that she is doing the Super Bowl halftime show this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp8524

October 12th, 2011, 2:39 pm
Bubbles the Lion

Actually, Kid Rock and Bob Seger were there--sharing a luxury suite with Chris Chelios.

Peace
Ty

--Terry Pratchett

http://www.thelionsinwinter.com

October 12th, 2011, 4:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Player

grgrundge wrote:
Boz wrote:

Or if they really wanted the crowd going they could of had the MC5 there and they could of open with Kick out the jams Mother ----ers!!!

Believe Madonna is a Bay City girl if my memory serves me right and I saw an article about a week back that she is doing the Super Bowl halftime show this year.

Good lord. Better double and triple check her wardrobe for malfunctions.

October 12th, 2011, 9:07 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Lions2SB2 wrote:
Anyone know who is doing the Thanksgiving halftime show?

The guy who started this thread because he's an expert on these sorts of things.

October 12th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

grgrundge wrote:
Boz wrote:

Madonna is from Rochester Hills, if anyone cares

October 12th, 2011, 9:29 pm
mwill2 wrote:

Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders regularly make it on TV, as do other major acts when teams have them play. SF had "Lighthouse" do their 1/2 time show last year and they televized part of it. Why wouldn't they? All they have to talk about on Monday is a bunch of stuff that everyone already knows (the events from Sunday) and what happened at the game that everyone just watched. I guaranty you that if we had Bob Segar, Kid Rock, Em, or AWOLnation do the 1/2 time show at least part of it would have been on TV, and it would have made for a much better fan experience.

A small token for fans that bought an extra 2000 SRO tickets at $45 each. They could have paid $10-20k for the extra $100k in revenue they got out of the SRO tickets alone, period.

October 13th, 2011, 2:46 pm
RIP Killer

Meechigan89 wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
Boz wrote:

Madonna is from Rochester Hills, if anyone cares

Born in Bay City, grew up in Rochester. We both went to the same HS (Rochester Adams), although she was there 9 years before me. Did go to school with some of her brothers (the Ciccone's). She was a very good student (mostly A's) according to my teachers and a cheerleader if anyone cares.

October 13th, 2011, 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

for what its worth kid rock is apparently supporting hank williams jr so he may not be performing at any nfl events anytime soon especially not monday night football

October 13th, 2011, 9:23 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The Legend wrote:
for what its worth kid rock is apparently supporting hank williams jr so he may not be performing at any nfl events anytime soon especially not monday night football

He should support his father. ( Although they deny it, A lot of people think HWJ is Kid rocks dad.)

October 14th, 2011, 12:28 am
All State

They dotn even televise the halftime show .. I think you have sand in your vagina guy .. They did put the city on display ,the youth of the city .. And yea they are going to fork over 100k to get Eminem or Kid Rock to do a 15 min set ? GTFOH guy .. A halftime show isnt going to change anyone's opinion about the city . A captivating HT show isnt about to boost the economy of the city ...

October 15th, 2011, 1:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next