View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Barry Sanders, Selected of God choir open MNF 
Modmin Dude

Post Barry Sanders, Selected of God choir open MNF
MLive wrote:
In case you missed it: Barry Sanders, Selected of God choir open Monday Night Football in Detroit
Published: Wednesday, October 12, 2011, 7:52 AM Updated: Wednesday, October 12, 2011, 7:57 AM
Jonathan Oosting | MLive.com By Jonathan Oosting | MLive.com

Detroit sports fans faced a dilemma Monday night: Watch the Tigers battle the Texas Rangers in extra innings of the American League Championship Series on Fox or watch Barry Sanders and the Selected of God choir introduce Monday Night Football on ESPN?

If you chose the latter, you're in luck. Responding to repeated demands, the four-letter network finally uploaded the MNF introduction yesterday afternoon, and it is embedded here for your viewing pleasure.

"Detroit's soul isn't in the streets of the city, it's in the hearts of the people," Sanders says in the clip as the choir and soul singer Jimmy Scott add some gravitas. "I know; I played here for ten years."

Sanders stepped up after ESPN fired longtime MNF performer Hank Williams Jr. for controversial comments he made about President Barack Obama. While Kid Rock may have missed his friend, we were happy Detroit got the opportunity to break the mold.

Enjoy.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detr ... ry_sa.html

October 12th, 2011, 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]