View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Peyton Hillis?... 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Peyton Hillis?...
What would you give up for Hillis. He could be a great fit for the rest of the season subbing in for Best. I though Williams would be that big back I guess he's not ready

October 13th, 2011, 1:49 am

Post Re: Peyton Hillis?...
Mikel Leshoure?

October 13th, 2011, 7:15 am
Heisman Winner

Williams has done good. Against Dallas he really sealed the game for us late. Didn't really need him Monday with best exploding.

October 13th, 2011, 7:19 am
Team MVP

Wait...is he on the block or something?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 13th, 2011, 10:13 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

kdsberman wrote:
Wait...is he on the block or something?

He wants a fat new contract. And for that reason, I want no part of him. RB is one position where I don't think it is wise to invest huge long-term dollars.

October 13th, 2011, 10:35 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm not interested in Hillis because he would most likely be a one year rental player. With Leshoure coming back next year, I can't see the Lions giving Hillis the contract that he wants, so he would leave via FA. Combine that with what the Browns would probably be asking for him, and it simply isn't worth it IMO.

October 13th, 2011, 11:55 am
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:
I'm not interested in Hillis because he would most likely be a one year rental player. With Leshoure coming back next year, I can't see the Lions giving Hillis the contract that he wants, so he would leave via FA. Combine that with what the Browns would probably be asking for him, and it simply isn't worth it IMO.

+1

The Madden Curse continues......in a way.

October 13th, 2011, 12:26 pm

slybri19 wrote:
Quote:

yes, of course he would just be a one year rental

October 13th, 2011, 12:43 pm
Junior Varsity

Any player that doesn't play because his agent advised him not to isn't exactly the kind of guy I would want around. If you're going to hold out, then hold out, but don't allow the team to count on you all week and then not play. There are more peoples futures at stake than just your own. I realize he has to protect his future, blah blah blah, but that was a d!ck move if you ask me. He let his team down and showed his rectum.

October 13th, 2011, 1:52 pm
slybri19 wrote:

I agree completely, I'd take him at a bargain/rental rate for the rest of the season if the Browns are willing to part with him. I think he would be a very good upgrade for our offense, but I wouldn't want him as a long-term option.

October 13th, 2011, 2:51 pm
QB Coach

If Hillis wants a big payday, why the hell would he take a 1 year deal? It makes no sense. Move on. This will never, ever happen.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 13th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
If Hillis wants a big payday, why the hell would he take a 1 year deal? It makes no sense. Move on. This will never, ever happen.

To win a superbowl
8)

October 13th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Not looking like such a bad option now

October 17th, 2011, 3:32 pm
QB Coach

Killwill25 wrote:

Um, you don't follow the news on Hillis do you? He's having an MRI on his hamstring. Plus, he hasn't done much at all this year, or during the 2nd half of last year. Look at his production this year. His rushing yds have been:

57, 94, 46, and 14. He has 2 TDs. Plus he's missed one game with illness (and is alleged to have skipped that game to try to force the team to give him a new contract or trade him). But regardless of that, let's look at his production last year. His yards were:

41, 35, 144, 102, 28, 41, 69, 184, 82, 48, 131, 57, 108, 59, 35, 14.

For me, that looks like 3 big games, 2 good games, and the rest nothing special. He also didn't score a TD in the last 5 games of the year.

I'll stand by my contention that he's nothing special. Plus there's no good reason he'd come to Detroit. The Lions aren't going to contend for a Super Bowl this year. They still have too many holes.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 17th, 2011, 3:44 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:

I'd rather go after Tashard Choice. It's been said the Cowboys are willing to deal him.

October 17th, 2011, 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next