View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 1:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Predictions: Detroit Lions vs 49ers 

Who wins?
Lions win 64%  64%  [ 28 ]
49ers win 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
Too close to call 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 44

Predictions: Detroit Lions vs 49ers 
Modmin Dude

Post Predictions: Detroit Lions vs 49ers
The Lions are coming off a tough MNF game against a division rival and are on a short week.
The 49ers are coming off giving a beat down to the Bucs.

The Lions are at home, where they are undefeated.
The 49ers are traveling cross-country, where they are undefeated.

I think regardless of who wins, its going to be another hard fought, close game.
The Lions could be in store for a letdown game - short week, division rival, 'new found' media darling

Lions 31
49ers 30

Lions win on a last minute FG by Hanson

What say you?

Go Lions!!!
headbang.gif

October 14th, 2011, 9:30 am
National Champion

Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions vs 49ers
I think the 49er give the Lions a hard fought battle. But the Lions prevail.

31-24 Lions

October 14th, 2011, 9:33 am
Heisman Winner

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned is that the 49ers are a west coast team traveling to the Eastern Time zone to play a 1:00 game. That usually doesn't work out for the traveling team. I pick the Lions in a close one 24-21.

October 14th, 2011, 10:10 am
Modmin Dude

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
The one thing I haven't seen mentioned is that the 49ers are a west coast team traveling to the Eastern Time zone to play a 1:00 game. That usually doesn't work out for the traveling team. I pick the Lions in a close one 24-21.

Quote:

They've already beaten the Bengals and Eagles, they're only 2 road games and both at 1pm, this year.

October 14th, 2011, 10:14 am
Heisman Winner

TheRealWags wrote:
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:

Quote:

They've already beaten the Bengals and Eagles, they're only 2 road games and both at 1pm, this year.

damn you would think I would have read one of the two previous post before blurting out my nonsense.

October 14th, 2011, 10:17 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Lions- 27
49ers- 21

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 14th, 2011, 11:26 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I hope the Lions can limit the turnovers to one or less. I just don't see the niners having enough fire power, but a defense than can keep it close for awhile.

repeat of the MNF score...

Lions 24
49ers 13

October 14th, 2011, 11:44 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Once again, I am saying too close to call.

The 49ers are a really good team, and fit the mold of a team that causes the Lions some problems: strong defense, solid running game, mobile quarterback. While I think our passing game can do well, it will all depend on what Linehan decides to do, or what changes Stafford makes at the line. If we can force them into nickel packages more often than not to make up for coverage deficiencies, then we can start moving the ball on the ground somewhat and the play action will work for us. Since the 49ers have a downhill, attacking defense like that of the Lions, draws and screens will have to be used more often than is usual. Pre-snap movement and shifts need to occur to get reads and create match up problems.

The Lions will have to play mistake-free football. That is something they really haven't done this season so far. The fact that they are 5-0 and haven't put together their best game yet speaks well of them, but they need to get it cleaned up for this one. I think if the Lions get a two score lead sometime in the second half, they stand a good chance of pulling it out since the SF passing game isn't suited for quick strike, deep scoring.

Very, very tough game to call......I give the Lions an edge simply because of home field advantage.

October 14th, 2011, 11:50 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
m2karateman wrote:
very tough game to call......I give the Lions an edge simply because of home field advantage.

Hopefully it will be loud too. Anyone know how many people are suppose to be at the game?

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 14th, 2011, 11:57 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Lions2SB2 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
very tough game to call......I give the Lions an edge simply because of home field advantage.

Hopefully it will be loud too. Anyone know how many people are suppose to be at the game?

62,000 estimated tickets sold, including 3000 in the club level.

October 14th, 2011, 12:05 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

A close game, but the home field truly is an advantage:

LIONS 24 49ERS 20

October 14th, 2011, 12:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I'm in the 'too close to call' crowd.

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 14th, 2011, 12:47 pm

The more complete team should win at home. 49ers have a really good fromt 7 but ours is pretty damn good too with a better secondary. Alex Smith has been money but I'll take Stafford 8 days out of the week.

17 - 35

October 14th, 2011, 2:06 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

Justin Durant and Scheffler did not practice Friday. If we don't have Durant it will make our run defense worse which will help the 49ers.

Tony Scheffler also did not practice. I was hoping the Lions would be able to cause major match up problems with Best, Johnson, Pettigrew, Young, Burleson, Scheffler. That many playmakers will make it tough on the 49ers defense. Losing Scheffler will help the 49ers defense.

I believe our offense can compensate for Scheffler being out but I do not want to go against Gore and the 49ers OL without Durant.

Ill say the 49ers jump on top in the first half 27-21. Lions come back to beat the 49ers 38-30.

I hope both teams make it through the game without any injuries so we can both keep dominating our opponents and the Lions ultimately end up with the W.

To our new found 49er fan friends :cheers:

October 14th, 2011, 3:58 pm

The 2011 49ers have a 2010 Jets look to them but with a little less overall talent and a M.A.S.H. unit at WR. I was a huge fan of Alex Smith at the start of his final college season but only as a 4th to 6th round selection. His big year, high wonderlic, and flawless workput faulted himto the top of the draft and that was just too high. That high draft selection and forced early action stunted his growth and I think what you see now is what you are going to get. A solid QB that isn't going to win a lotof games but isn'tgoing to lose too many either. With a defense and running game that can carry him he currently reminds me of Dilfer when he won with the Ravens.

With that said I think the Lions are going to mix it up a little on defense and pack the D-line in more than they have this season and throw in zone blitzes and blanket coverage on Vernon to fluster Smith. I don't like to make predictions but I will say this should be a close game unless TOs come into the picture in favor of one team. The Lions have done quite well for me over the past two seasons but I will be taking the 49ers and the 5.5 points this week.

October 14th, 2011, 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next