View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 10:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Predictions: Detroit Lions vs 49ers 

Who wins?
Lions win 64%  64%  [ 28 ]
49ers win 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
Too close to call 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 44

Predictions: Detroit Lions vs 49ers 
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions vs 49ers
Been reading lots of stats and fan posts... reading lots of media hype... I've been enjoying the fans here too. RESPECT!

But I can't help but come off like a bit of a homer here.

I just think the Lions have a one-dimensional offense and an average defense.
Not enough to topple the surging WCO and dominant defense of the Niners and Jim Harbaugh.
This won't even be close. 34-17 Niners. :arrow:

October 14th, 2011, 9:54 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Texas9erFan wrote:
Been reading lots of stats and fan posts... reading lots of media hype... I've been enjoying the fans here too. RESPECT!

Not enough to topple the surging WCO and dominant defense of the Niners and Jim Harbaugh.

Love the sig. Awful prediction. The only way this isn't going to be close is if the Lions are winning. :idea:

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 14th, 2011, 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

Niner fans have been pretty cool so far, however perhaps it because they are delusional?!? :wink:

The Lions are going to embarrass the 9ers,

I'm saying we give them a beat down similar to their beat down of the Tampon Sucks.

Lions - 42
9ers - 3

That's right I said it!!!

October 14th, 2011, 10:24 pm
RIP Killer

Texas9erFan wrote:

Funny what you say here, because that is pretty much my thoughts on the 49ers. Your offense is strictly about the run, with a small threat in the pass department. Yes, Vernon Davis is good and so is Michael Crabtree, but it's not just about them but who is throwing to them.

The Lions are recognized has having one of, if not the best, front fours in the NFL. That's anything but average. Tulloch, Levy and Carpenter are very, very good. While I really like Patrick Willis, and Navorro Bowman has been great this season, I'm not that impressed with the OLBs. We've faced better pass rushers and done quite well throwing down field, even deep. It may be one dimension, but there's a lot of talent involved in that dimension.

The WCO can nullify the pass rush with its quick passes, but the 49ers are in trouble if the Lions decide to play press coverage. In truth, I don't think the 49ers have faced a defense this strong all year. And no offense the 49ers have faced has had this much talent clicking on all cylinders.

It will be a close game, because the Lions and 49ers both have very good teams. But you are coming into Ford Field, playing in front of 62,000+ fans who will be ultra-loud. And you predict a 17 point margin of victory? Only if the Lions have a complete meltdown.

October 14th, 2011, 10:35 pm
Team MVP

Well, I do know the 49ers are coming to play. I picked Detroit to win, but they are gonna have to play 60 minutes of very good football. I see this as being a close one. I think the key for Detroit, like many other games, is how their D-line plays and gets pressure on Smith. That, and stopping Gore. If we can stop the run and get good pressure on Smith, we SHOULD be able to win by a couple scores.

With that being said..

LIONS 24 49ers 13

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 14th, 2011, 10:40 pm
QB Coach

I find this game similar to the Bears game. Strong running game, 9ers have a better oline, mediocre passing game, decent front 7, middle of the road secondary. Carlos Rodgers may be having his best season ever (as a Skins fan as well, I know the guy) but I don't think he can handle CJ.

We'll need to shut down Gore and the quick pass in order to get pressure on Smith. We need to get up early and force them to pass.

27 to 20 Lions win.

October 14th, 2011, 10:52 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

m2karateman wrote:
Texas9erFan wrote:

Quote:
Funny what you say here, because that is pretty much my thoughts on the 49ers. Your offense is strictly about the run, with a small threat in the pass department.

Actually we're about 50/50 run vs pass. But that's the WCO.
Quote:
Yes, Vernon Davis is good and so is Michael Crabtree, but it's not just about them but who is throwing to them.

You mean the guy with only 1 INT this year and the highest passer rating in the redzone???
Quote:
The Lions are recognized has having one of, if not the best, front fours in the NFL. That's anything but average. Tulloch, Levy and Carpenter are very, very good.

"The WCO can nullify the pass rush with its quick passes" Yup. Your words are true.
Quote:
While I really like Patrick Willis, and Navorro Bowman has been great this season, I'm not that impressed with the OLBs.

Really? How 'bout Aldon Smith, NFL Rookie of the Week. http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2011/REG/5
Quote:
We've faced better pass rushers and done quite well throwing down field, even deep.

Perhaps you have. Maybe.
Quote:
It may be one dimension, but there's a lot of talent involved in that dimension.
Philly has a lot of talent. You see what that's gotten them. A one dimensional opponent is easy to game plan around and playcall against.

Quote:
The WCO can nullify the pass rush with its quick passes, but the 49ers are in trouble if the Lions decide to play press coverage.

Pfft... Why? Then we run the ball. THAT is the beauty of a well executed WCO.
Quote:
In truth, I don't think the 49ers have faced a defense this strong all year. And no offense the 49ers have faced has had this much talent clicking on all cylinders.

Are you sure? I saw the MNF game too.

Quote:
It will be a close game, because the Lions and 49ers both have very good teams. But you are coming into Ford Field, playing in front of 62,000+ fans who will be ultra-loud.
Not if we score first and score often.
Quote:
And you predict a 17 point margin of victory?
Yup.
Quote:
Only if the Lions have a complete meltdown.

C'mon bro. Don't start making excuses now. Let's play the game first.

October 14th, 2011, 11:41 pm
NFL Team Captain

Don't forget about the 14 Sacks on Smith to go with that High QB rating. :roll:

In addition to the least amount of pass attempts amongst all starting QB's that have played in all 5 games, but he has a high QB rating and a low interception rating. Uhhhh wonder why that is? Ohhhh I know, he barely throws the ball.

that deserves two. :roll: :roll:

October 15th, 2011, 12:19 am
Pro Bowl Player

The 49er's have a really loud speaker system :roll:

Lions 38
49ers 12

October 15th, 2011, 12:52 am
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

27-6 Lions

October 15th, 2011, 8:42 am
Team MVP

TNLionsFanatic wrote:

In addition to the least amount of pass attempts amongst all starting QB's that have played in all 5 games, but he has a high QB rating and a low interception rating. Uhhhh wonder why that is? Ohhhh I know, he barely throws the ball.

Well said.
I kinda figured if Alex Smith has that high of rating, there MUST be a reason.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 15th, 2011, 9:09 am
Hall of Fame Player

Texas9erFan wrote:

What do Vikings fans, Bears Fans, Bucs Fans, Cowboys Fans, and now 49ers fans have in common?

See the quoted post. They all thought that we would be a win for their team because we are 1 dimensional. They also thought their O-line could handle the Lions D-line. They were all wrong so far. 49ers fans want respect. then they go and post on other teams boards with posts like this that doesn't show the other team any respect. Here's a clue. If you want respect, it might just help if you give some respect. The 49ers don't have the capacity to score 34 points over 2 games let alone in only 1 game. And they certainly will not double our point production.

edited to add:

Oh and for your information: The swing pass and the screen pass are extensions of the running game. And Best is pretty darn good at both of those. We get plenty of production from our RB's. So, we are nowhere near as 1 dimensional as you seem to think we are.

October 15th, 2011, 10:17 am
Water Boy

TNLionsFanatic wrote:

Yeah the thing about Smith is that Harbaugh has been bringing him along slowly almost as if he's a rookie QB.

Pass attempts by game have been 20, 24, 30, 33, 19. The 19 vs. Tampa was because the 49ers ground attack was so effective and Smith was taken out of the game in the 4th quarter. Smith is capable of airing it out effectively if that is what the defense is giving him; it seems like more and more of the playbook is being opened up each game.

The sacks are definitely high, the 49ers gave up 6 vs. the Cowboys, 5 vs. the Bengals, 3 vs. the Eagles and 0 to the Bucs and Hawks. I can easily see the team giving up 3-5 sacks vs. the Lions. However, the 49ers have wound up winning two of the games in which 3 or more sacks were surrendered.

October 15th, 2011, 10:24 am
Peanut and Beer Salesman

BillySims wrote:
Texas9erFan wrote:

What do Vikings fans, Bears Fans, Bucs Fans, Cowboys Fans, and now 49ers fans have in common?

See the quoted post. They all thought that we would be a win for their team because we are 1 dimensional. They also thought their O-line could handle the Lions D-line. They were all wrong so far. 49ers fans want respect. then they go and post on other teams boards with posts like this that doesn't show the other team any respect. Here's a clue. If you want respect, it might just help if you give some respect. The 49ers don't have the capacity to score 34 points over 2 games let alone in only 1 game. And they certainly will not double our point production.

edited to add:

Oh and for your information: The swing pass and the screen pass are extensions of the running game. And Best is pretty darn good at both of those. We get plenty of production from our RB's. So, we are nowhere near as 1 dimensional as you seem to think we are.

Geez, you quoted me but I don't think you even read my post. :-k
Just because I don't think it will be close doesn't mean I don't have a certain amount of respect for the team. And the fans here have been great hosts to me and my fellow Niner fans. :cheers: But DAMN, you're gonna compare me to a Cowboys fan??? That's messed up.
"The 49ers don't have the capacity to score 34 points over 2 games let alone in only 1 game." I guess you didn't see what we did to the 3-1 Bucs when they came in to our house as favorites did you?

I won't post in this thread anymore. I'll leave it to predictions for other fans. Thanks for the fun! :arrow:

October 15th, 2011, 12:32 pm
Heisman Winner

I hate to be the voice of reason here but i'm expecting a letdown. We brought a ton of energy to mnf game i think there's a risk that we cant match the intensity level that a very well coached niners could be bringing. The more games you win the bigger scalp trophy you become.

I hate to say it but.....

Dtown.. 20
Sf 24

No need to panic though.

October 15th, 2011, 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next