View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Predictions: Detroit Lions vs 49ers 

Who wins?
Lions win 64%  64%  [ 28 ]
49ers win 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
Too close to call 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 44

Predictions: Detroit Lions vs 49ers 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions vs 49ers
m2karateman wrote:
my thoughts on the 49ers. Your offense is strictly about the run, with a small threat in the pass department. Yes, Vernon Davis is good and so is Michael Crabtree, but it's not just about them but who is throwing to them.

While I really like Patrick Willis, and Navorro Bowman has been great this season, I'm not that impressed with the OLBs. We've faced better pass rushers

I can only hope the players and coaches think like you do. While we ARE a run-first team, it's not strictly about the run by any means. We use the run to setup the pass. Also the low-ball on Alex Smith... he's the 5th highest-rated QB in the league after 5 games. 5 games not enough for you?

Also about the OLBs. Aldon Smith was voted rookie MVP last week.... either defensive or whatever, I forget. Too lazy to search. Admad Brooks is a stud pass rusher that nobody realizes. And Justin Smith is only having an MVP type year... not a linebacker but a damn good player for us.

I can't comment on the Lions players. I don't know them well enough. But I've seen the wide-9, and I have a feeling that Harbaugh is smart enough to make a gameplan to exploit it.

One thing I have noticed after watching Lions games, is that Stafford tends to throw the ball too high a lot. It's my theory that we'll take advantage of that and get some picks by having our safeties stay deep (which they can because our run game is $$). My prediction is that Stafford has his worst game of the season, and we win a lop-sided game due to turnovers.

Niners: 31-10

PS - NFL Network, 4 analysts, 3 of them picked the 49ers as well. :cheers:

October 15th, 2011, 9:39 pm
RIP Killer

5 games doesn't make up for the fact he could barely beat troy smith out of a starting gig. Smith can barely throw a ball 25 yards and when he does, he's terribly inaccurate. Smith is no better than Kyle Orrin when Orrin was the bears game manager - not a very good qb, but able to look good with a great running game and a great defense.

October 15th, 2011, 10:08 pm
Varsity Captain

conversion02 wrote:
5 games doesn't make up for the fact he could barely beat troy smith out of a starting gig. Smith can barely throw a ball 25 yards and when he does, he's terribly inaccurate. Smith is no better than Kyle Orrin when Orrin was the bears game manager - not a very good qb, but able to look good with a great running game and a great defense.

Noted, but if you read what you typed, then I don't see the problem. Great running game, great defense. All Smith has to do is short passes and take sacks instead of throwing interceptions, which he does perfectly. It's the system. That's the whole reason we're 1 field goal away from 5-0. It's not Alex Smith, it's Jim Harbaugh. Freakin GENIUS I tell ya!

You see it as a negative, but Smith isn't being asked to throw down field much. You're criticizing him for something we aren't even asking him to do to help us win. BTW, this "terribly inaccurate" comment is way off. He's pretty damn accurate, and there's a slew of deep passes to Davis and Walker to prove it. Oh, and I have a feeling that Delanie Walker will show everyone in the NFL tomorrow that he's the best #2 TE/FB/WR/QB/everything player in the league.

October 15th, 2011, 11:55 pm
Varsity Captain

BTW, it's a shame that one of these teams has to lose. I want the Lions to stay undefeated. It would be great for the city of Detroit, AND for football. I really wanted to see two undefeated teams go at it on Thanksgiving! (then the Niners right after! woohoo!).

Same with the Niners. I want them to win, not just because it's my team, but if they lose, they will just be one of many 4-2 teams that really hasn't proven anything. A win gives us relevancy, and I don't mean media attention. I mean the mindset in the players that we can actually win big games in this league. We need that BADLY.

And oddly, I'm not nervous at all. I remember being nervous during our Super Bowls, and nervous during playoff games. I was nervous during our last playoff win vs the Giants, and nervous during our loss to the Bucs. It's been so long since we've played a meaningful game, that I really forgot what it feels like. Maybe I'll be nervous tomorrow. 13 hours...... HURRY UP DAMNIT!

October 16th, 2011, 12:06 am
RIP Killer

49ers wrote:
BTW, it's a shame that one of these teams has to lose. I want the Lions to stay undefeated. It would be great for the city of Detroit, AND for football. I really wanted to see two undefeated teams go at it on Thanksgiving! (then the Niners right after! woohoo!).

Same with the Niners. I want them to win, not just because it's my team, but if they lose, they will just be one of many 4-2 teams that really hasn't proven anything. A win gives us relevancy, and I don't mean media attention. I mean the mindset in the players that we can actually win big games in this league. We need that BADLY.

And oddly, I'm not nervous at all. I remember being nervous during our Super Bowls, and nervous during playoff games. I was nervous during our last playoff win vs the Giants, and nervous during our loss to the Bucs. It's been so long since we've played a meaningful game, that I really forgot what it feels like. Maybe I'll be nervous tomorrow. 13 hours...... HURRY UP DAMNIT!

I agree, it is a shame there has to be a loser. But in my opinion, if both teams go out there, play hard, and don't make a bevy of stupid mistakes, they can both come out winners. And what I mean is, they will gain respect regardless of what their records will be. I don't see anyone across the NFL who will look at this game, see the team that doesn't win, and say to themselves "well, that loss shows who they really are". Because the fact is, both of these teams can play with anyone in this league, Packers, Saints and Patriots included.

October 16th, 2011, 1:16 am
Pro Bowl Player

Turns out I will be at the game today. I've been to 10 Lions games, the first/only game I've went to and saw them win was this one

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 100det.htm

[-o< [-o< [-o< Please let today be a better game

October 16th, 2011, 7:43 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

49ers wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
my thoughts on the 49ers. Your offense is strictly about the run, with a small threat in the pass department. Yes, Vernon Davis is good and so is Michael Crabtree, but it's not just about them but who is throwing to them.

While I really like Patrick Willis, and Navorro Bowman has been great this season, I'm not that impressed with the OLBs. We've faced better pass rushers

I can only hope the players and coaches think like you do. While we ARE a run-first team, it's not strictly about the run by any means. We use the run to setup the pass. Also the low-ball on Alex Smith... he's the 5th highest-rated QB in the league after 5 games. 5 games not enough for you?

Also about the OLBs. Aldon Smith was voted rookie MVP last week.... either defensive or whatever, I forget. Too lazy to search. Admad Brooks is a stud pass rusher that nobody realizes. And Justin Smith is only having an MVP type year... not a linebacker but a damn good player for us.

I can't comment on the Lions players. I don't know them well enough. But I've seen the wide-9, and I have a feeling that Harbaugh is smart enough to make a gameplan to exploit it.

One thing I have noticed after watching Lions games, is that Stafford tends to throw the ball too high a lot. It's my theory that we'll take advantage of that and get some picks by having our safeties stay deep (which they can because our run game is $$). My prediction is that Stafford has his worst game of the season, and we win a lop-sided game due to turnovers.

1 of them was Matt Millen. Horribly accurate guy there bs.gif

October 16th, 2011, 8:16 am
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

Ferris wrote:
49ers wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

1 of them was Moron of the Millennium. Horribly accurate guy there bs.gif

And we all know that Millen can't even pick a winner if he was picking his nose. :angry:

October 16th, 2011, 9:34 am
Towel Boy

I am going with a 21-17 Lions win...

October 16th, 2011, 10:38 am
Pro Bowl Player

24-17 Lions

October 16th, 2011, 10:48 am
Modmin Dude

49ers wrote:

8 out 10 ESPN 'analysts' picked the Lions :cheers:

Joe Fauria, MVP!

October 16th, 2011, 11:07 am
Heisman Winner

yostevo wrote:
I hate to be the voice of reason here but i'm expecting a letdown. We brought a ton of energy to mnf game i think there's a risk that we cant match the intensity level that a very well coached niners could be bringing. The more games you win the bigger scalp trophy you become.

I hate to say it but.....

Dtown.. 20
Sf 24

No need to panic though.

Unfortunately

October 16th, 2011, 4:53 pm
RIP Killer

I picked the niners. While I figured it would be a 24-20 loss, I didn't expect an all around turd of a game on both sides. It wasn't a good game that I was expecting, in the least bit. Both sides looked rough.

I mean, did we really have a process of the catch call? Wtf were these clowns thinking? How does the line judge throw a flag for a false start and it get waived off by the head judge? How does that happen? A guy in no place to make the call overrules the guy who saw it and flagged it? Definitely quite a few surprises all around.

October 16th, 2011, 10:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3