View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 3:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Trade possibility from NFL.com 
RIP Killer

Post Trade possibility from NFL.com
Dave Dameshek wrote:
One more piece for the Lions
In spite of Jahvid Best's dandy game Monday night, the Lions could still benefit from a more rugged runner like Mike Tolbert. Thanks to the (slightly belated) emergence of Ryan Mathews, the Chargers can afford to part ways with Tolbert. In exchange, Detroit can send San Diego a very capable pass-catching tight end in Tony Scheffler, who'd help fill the massive void left by Antonio Gates. Perfect!

I like the premise of getting Tolbert, who I feel would do more for the offense than Jerome Harrison has done, but I disagree with the idea of getting rid of Scheffler as a straight up trade. I'd want something else in return, like a 5th round pick.

That said, this trade will never happen. Thoughts?

October 14th, 2011, 12:31 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: Trade possibility from NFL.com

He doesn't have the endzone celebrations than TScheff brings to the table.........

But a guy that big, that moves that fast... :-k I'd say yeh good trade with the exception "it aint broke" so don't fix it!

Good runner, but I'd hate to lose Scheff... Let's just give them a 5th rounder and take the running back..

October 14th, 2011, 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Position Coach

I'd stand pat

October 14th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Guys enough with the big tailback trade talk! Now if Mikel is never the same, I get it. But come on--why sacrifice Scheff when ML will be back next year?

October 14th, 2011, 2:38 pm
Heisman Winner

that video had to of been sped up. He can't be that fast with how big he is.

October 14th, 2011, 2:45 pm
QB Coach

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
that video had to of been sped up. He can't be that fast with how big he is.

I don't think he looks that fast. He doesn't really run away from many people in that video. Seems about right to me. He's a power back.

But, like was said above, I would pass. No need to trade for him with LeShoure coming back next year.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

October 14th, 2011, 3:27 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Pass on it, why screw things up when it's been working for us so far.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 14th, 2011, 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
All State

Natron means ..

October 14th, 2011, 6:06 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I think Leshoure's career is probably close to over at this point. His injury is like a two year injury. I think we should just write him off. If he comes back great, but I don't think he should be counted on.

That said I wouldn't make the trade. I think half our running problems are to do with the fact that our interior line is weak. Plus, we can get a capable RB in the third next year.

October 14th, 2011, 8:42 pm
NFL Team Captain

I'd hate to loose Sheff, but it would be nice to have a RB like Tolbert. I just don't see the Chargers giving up Tolbert. Mathews is in his second year and while he is playing pretty good, he was a little banged up early this season and we all know what happened last year. I don't think mathews can be trusted to make it through the season with out an injury.

October 14th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

A big NO to trading Scheffler. Why would they want to mess with the chemistry on this team?

October 14th, 2011, 10:04 pm
RIP Killer

OK, let's get a couple things understood......

1. Mikel LeShoure is not two years away from recovery. Plenty of other players have returned in a single season after having a rupture of their Achille's. So to state that the Lions shouldn't expect him to return to form, or that he's that far away from playing again is foolish.

2. LeShoure will return next season. Great. We are talking about THIS season folks. Jerome Harrison is basically a waste of a roster spot right now. Pretty much, so is Maurice Morris so far. However, of those two I'd keep Morris and dump Harrison if we were to go after Tolbert. It would be nice to have a big back that can grind out tough yards, or make people miss.

3. Trading Scheff is out of the question, I agree. But It wouldn't bother me if the Lions traded a low round pick and someone like Andre Fluellen to San Diego, since they are looking for depth at their 34 DE spot, and he'd fit the bill pretty well. Yes, we'd be down one DT/DE.....so? Four of each is enough on game day.

October 14th, 2011, 10:18 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

There isn't any way I'd trade Tony Scheffler for Mike Tolbert straight up. Scheff is too important to this offense. Besides, Tolbert will be an UFA next year, while Scheff is under contract for two more seasons. On top of that, it could result in an immediate $1M cap hit for the Lions, but I'm unsure of the new rules on this.

With that said, I kinda like M2K's Tolbert for Fluellen trade. It makes sense for both teams and the Lions can afford to lose Flu now that Fairley is healthy.

October 14th, 2011, 11:13 pm
Baton Girl

The Lions' base is 12 personel right now. Because of this and the match-ups Pettigrew and Scheffler create this trade should never happen. Also before they went to 21 which would make 2 backs more important than the second TE, I think they will go to more 11 personel with the emergence of Titus Young. Because of personel groupings and their effectiveness to this point in the season trading the 2nd TE for a RB makes little sense. Plus with their contracts having Schefler for 2 more years is very appealing.

October 15th, 2011, 4:01 am
Varsity Captain

ESPN is suggesting that the Eagles would send us, CB Asante Samuel for a 2nd
rd. pick.

While I like Samuel, I don't like the 2. Any ideas?

October 15th, 2011, 6:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next