View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Trade possibility from NFL.com 
National Champion

Post Re: Trade possibility from NFL.com
m2karateman wrote:
OK, let's get a couple things understood......

1. Mikel LeShoure is not two years away from recovery. Plenty of other players have returned in a single season after having a rupture of their Achille's. So to state that the Lions shouldn't expect him to return to form, or that he's that far away from playing again is foolish.

2. LeShoure will return next season. Great. We are talking about THIS season folks. Jerome Harrison is basically a waste of a roster spot right now. Pretty much, so is Maurice Morris so far. However, of those two I'd keep Morris and dump Harrison if we were to go after Tolbert. It would be nice to have a big back that can grind out tough yards, or make people miss.

3. Trading Scheff is out of the question, I agree. But It wouldn't bother me if the Lions traded a low round pick and someone like Andre Fluellen to San Diego, since they are looking for depth at their 34 DE spot, and he'd fit the bill pretty well. Yes, we'd be down one DT/DE.....so? Four of each is enough on game day.

/Agree. Especially with your second point. We need help in the running game this year. And a boost from a guy like that would be huge. Might make a huge diffence down the stretch...

October 15th, 2011, 7:11 am
m2karateman wrote:

1. Mikel LeShoure is not two years away from recovery. Plenty of other players have returned in a single season after having a rupture of their Achille's. So to state that the Lions shouldn't expect him to return to form, or that he's that far away from playing again is foolish.

2. LeShoure will return next season. Great. We are talking about THIS season folks. Jerome Harrison is basically a waste of a roster spot right now. Pretty much, so is Maurice Morris so far. However, of those two I'd keep Morris and dump Harrison if we were to go after Tolbert. It would be nice to have a big back that can grind out tough yards, or make people miss.

3. Trading Scheff is out of the question, I agree. But It wouldn't bother me if the Lions traded a low round pick and someone like Andre Fluellen to San Diego, since they are looking for depth at their 34 DE spot, and he'd fit the bill pretty well. Yes, we'd be down one DT/DE.....so? Four of each is enough on game day.

I agree that trading Scheff is out of the question. Not only does it limit what we can do on offense, but if Pett gets hurt we'd really be effed. That said, I'd be willing to part with Flu, a late round pick and Harrison to get Torrain, even if it is just for this year. If he lights it up, great, extend him and trade/deal with Leshoure. If Torrain doesn't work out, there's the door, thanks for the help. I realize a late round pick and a DT is a lot to "rent" a player for a season, but if Torrain is the difference maker that helps us grind out tough yards and close games, make it happen... I'd love to see us in the playoffs this year, even if it costs us a player and a late pick.

October 18th, 2011, 11:46 am
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I agree that trading Scheff is out of the question. Not only does it limit what we can do on offense, but if Pett gets hurt we'd really be effed. That said, I'd be willing to part with Flu, a late round pick and Harrison to get Torrain, even if it is just for this year. If he lights it up, great, extend him and trade/deal with Leshoure. If Torrain doesn't work out, there's the door, thanks for the help. I realize a late round pick and a DT is a lot to "rent" a player for a season, but if Torrain is the difference maker that helps us grind out tough yards and close games, make it happen... I'd love to see us in the playoffs this year, even if it costs us a player and a late pick.

I think it's all a moot point now, as the trading deadline is about to pass, or already has.....

October 18th, 2011, 1:35 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

m2karateman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I think it's all a moot point now, as the trading deadline is about to pass, or already has.....

4:00 pm is the deadline. Remember that three years ago, Mayhew traded Roy Williams at 3:59 pm or something very last-minute like that...

October 18th, 2011, 1:48 pm
RIP Killer

The Carson Palmer trade just made our date with the Raiders in December much more interesting......and dangerous.

October 18th, 2011, 2:00 pm
All State

Boz wrote:
ESPN is suggesting that the Eagles would send us, CB Asante Samuel for a 2nd
rd. pick.

While I like Samuel, I don't like the 2. Any ideas?

2nd Round pick is too much for a player that's 30 years old. Unless he's Charles Woodson effective in the twilight of his career he's not worth it. I'm not so sure that he isn't carrying a big contract too.

October 18th, 2011, 3:20 pm
All State

I think they are definitely hurting if Best is out for a significant length of time, but I wouldn't bet the farm for Tolbert at this point. I think San Diego would be foolish to trade him away at this point anyway. Hillis would be interesting since he's mad at the Browns, but he's got hamstring issues right now and he hasn't been as effective this year. In any case I don't think you throw LeShore on the scrap heap prematurely.

October 18th, 2011, 3:24 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

DisgruntledFan wrote:
I think they are definitely hurting if Best is out for a significant length of time, but I wouldn't bet the farm for Tolbert at this point. I think San Diego would be foolish to trade him away at this point anyway. Hillis would be interesting since he's mad at the Browns, but he's got hamstring issues right now and he hasn't been as effective this year. In any case I don't think you throw LeShore on the scrap heap prematurely.

Everyone is sayin that Hillis has'nt been effective but I think he's kind of in the same situation as MJD, the Colt's RBs, AP, Marshawn Lynch, etc.. In that they are on teams that are easy to load the box against. Tell me if I'm off base here.

October 18th, 2011, 3:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2