View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 2:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. 49ers 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Lions vs. 49ers
UK Lion wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Anyone else kinda okay with the lost? I am really curious to see how this team responds.

Not feeling too bad about it.

On the one hand, it's frustrating to lose a close one we could have taken. Ultimately 1" to give them a TD won them the game. Also, things like us getting into easy FG range near then end of the first half then going backwards - that led to us missing the FG and gave them short field position to get a FG in the closing seconds of the half, effectively a 6pt swing. And then there's the safety.

But all that frustration is tempered with the fact that we are 5-1 and our 1 loss was a very close game that we could have won against one of the better teams in the NFL. I'd have definitely taken that before the start of the season.

Hopefully this is a helpful wake up call to this squad that winning is not easy, that they have to fight for everything and execute on every play, and they respond well in their next couple of games.

Im really hoping that this is still the preseason. Just need enough Wins to get to the games that count. Green Bay was 10 - 6 last season and 3-3 after week 6. So 5 -1 after a 6 point loss isn't bad. To UK, I didn't LIKE the loss, but I can accept it. and to 2SB2 (+1).

A tale of two schemes. Everyone in the forum was commenting Aaron Rodgers was a dink and dunk passer and they relied on the run game. We knew, the Lions knew it, and thats exactly what they did to win the game. Hope the Lions watch the film, learn a couple of things about themselves , MOVE ON, and get a win next week.

Go Lions

October 17th, 2011, 7:27 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Ferris wrote:
UK Lion wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
Anyone else kinda okay with the lost? I am really curious to see how this team responds.

Not feeling too bad about it.

On the one hand, it's frustrating to lose a close one we could have taken. Ultimately 1" to give them a TD won them the game. Also, things like us getting into easy FG range near then end of the first half then going backwards - that led to us missing the FG and gave them short field position to get a FG in the closing seconds of the half, effectively a 6pt swing. And then there's the safety.

But all that frustration is tempered with the fact that we are 5-1 and our 1 loss was a very close game that we could have won against one of the better teams in the NFL. I'd have definitely taken that before the start of the season.

Hopefully this is a helpful wake up call to this squad that winning is not easy, that they have to fight for everything and execute on every play, and they respond well in their next couple of games.

Im really hoping that this is still the preseason. Just need enough Wins to get to the games that count. Green Bay was 10 - 6 last season and 3-3 after week 6. So 5 -1 after a 6 point loss isn't bad. To UK, I didn't LIKE the loss, but I can accept it. and to 2SB2 (+1).

A tale of two schemes. Everyone in the forum was commenting Aaron Rodgers was a dink and dunk passer and they relied on the run game. We knew, the Lions knew it, and thats exactly what they did to win the game. Hope the Lions watch the film, learn a couple of things about themselves , MOVE ON, and get a win next week.

Go Lions

I think you mean Alex Smith here right?

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 17th, 2011, 7:54 am
Pro Bowl Player

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I think you mean Alex Smith here right?

Yeh. exactly what I meant. Still on my first cup of coffee

October 17th, 2011, 8:05 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I didn't get to review the game yet, but much of what I'm hearing from media and fans is the same....the Lions didn't come to win. Their offensive line was poor, Stafford was inconsistent and the defense didn't stop the 49ers running game. Everybody knew that the Lions would have to play their best game to win, and they didn't. Kudos to the 49ers for being able to take advantage of that.

As for Anthony Davis, well, everyone knows he's a sh!thead, and I seriously doubt he'll be in the league in two years. The 49ers are having to deal with having him for right now, given his draft status and contract. But I don't see him getting a second contract with them, and when that happens he's going to get a cold dose of reality when other teams don't want to touch him. He's a so-so blocker, a cheater and an immature punk who needs to get his teeth kicked in and his butt whooped.

As for the coaches, I'm embarrassed for both of them...but more so for Schwartz. Harbaugh was excited and should have calmed himself before meeting up with Schwartz. But in no way, shape or form is what Schwartz did acceptable. His excuses after the game were just that, excuses. He should publicly apologize for his actions without any little caveats about the excitement of the game, or what Harbaugh did, or any of that. His players can't retaliate, and neither can he. I've lost some respect for Jim now. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised is some of his players have as well.

49ers fans....most of you were very classy in your posts in this site, and I appreciate that. Please don't take the meanderings of some of the airhead Lions fans that happen to post here as what all of us feel. Your team came to town and took care of business. You have the respect of many of us football fans for that. Best of luck to you in the future.

October 17th, 2011, 8:23 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Best suffered another concussion. Bad news for him and for us, but maybe we'll see a return to the solid MoMo running of last year.

October 17th, 2011, 8:44 am
Pro Bowl Player

m2karateman wrote:
I didn't get to review the game yet, but much of what I'm hearing from media and fans is the same....the Lions didn't come to win. Their offensive line was poor, Stafford was inconsistent and the defense didn't stop the 49ers running game. Everybody knew that the Lions would have to play their best game to win, and they didn't. Kudos to the 49ers for being able to take advantage of that.

As for Anthony Davis, well, everyone knows he's a sh!thead, and I seriously doubt he'll be in the league in two years. The 49ers are having to deal with having him for right now, given his draft status and contract. But I don't see him getting a second contract with them, and when that happens he's going to get a cold dose of reality when other teams don't want to touch him. He's a so-so blocker, a cheater and an immature punk who needs to get his teeth kicked in and his butt whooped.

As for the coaches, I'm embarrassed for both of them...but more so for Schwartz. Harbaugh was excited and should have calmed himself before meeting up with Schwartz. But in no way, shape or form is what Schwartz did acceptable. His excuses after the game were just that, excuses. He should publicly apologize for his actions without any little caveats about the excitement of the game, or what Harbaugh did, or any of that. His players can't retaliate, and neither can he. I've lost some respect for Jim now. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised is some of his players have as well.

49ers fans....most of you were very classy in your posts in this site, and I appreciate that. Please don't take the meanderings of some of the airhead Lions fans that happen to post here as what all of us feel. Your team came to town and took care of business. You have the respect of many of us football fans for that. Best of luck to you in the future.

I agree and I disagree. Harbaugh was completely unprofessional in coming up slapping his hand and shoving him out of the way. I agree with Schwartz that their is a protocol you follow and it's starts in peewee sports. You go congratulate your opponent.

When Schwartz went to tell him he deserved that much, Harbaugh basically told him to go fudgepack himself. I don't know that my response (and Im a logical person) would have been any different. Either way Schwartz wasn't the catalyst in this case.

The NFL should fine Harbaugh, or Schwartz and every other NFL coach will jump up and down like schoolgirls and go up to the opposing coach after each game yelling "IN YOUR FACE B*TCH". And that's my take on it. You won, you go over to the other coach and say good game. SIMPLE.

October 17th, 2011, 9:11 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Harbaugh has a history of this garbage - ask Pete carrol.

October 17th, 2011, 9:13 am
Pro Bowl Player

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Best suffered another concussion. Bad news for him and for us, but maybe we'll see a return to the solid MoMo running of last year.

I hadn't heard that. That is too bad for Jahvid. I would like our running game to get back to the form we saw the last 4 weeks of last season.

October 17th, 2011, 9:14 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
I smell our next year's Turkey day game might be the 49ers, if that's even possible. That would be a good story line for the NFL.

I think next year's opponent will be an AFC team (I think they alternate each year?)

October 17th, 2011, 9:50 am
Modmin Dude

The Legend wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else kinda okay with the lost? I am really curious to see how this team responds

im with you on this

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how these guys respond vs ATL. IMO it will give us a good indication of how far this team really has come (or how far it hasn't)

October 17th, 2011, 9:52 am
Rookie Player of the Year

conversion02 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
If the BEARS, with their godawful offensive line, can make running a priority, why can't we?

very good point that I have no answer for though I think their FB is very good and we dont have one

That and forte is a top 5 rb who hits his holes. Oh...and he has holes, this line can't move anyone. The execution is piss poor.

The niners executed very well in the run blocking. Lbers were getting blocked, CBs were getting blocked, DTs were getting blocked (they took suh out of the run game by blocking him down and baiting the de on his aggressiveness. You block 2 lbs and make a safety miss, boom, 20 yards.

The lions rarely ever execute anywhere close to that.

As a counterpoint, I offer up what MoMo did last year (and even the year before). When we make a dedication to the run, it's possible to see positive results. Yesterday we were playing the run n' shoot without Barry.

October 17th, 2011, 9:56 am
Hall of Fame Player

TheRealWags wrote:
The Legend wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else kinda okay with the lost? I am really curious to see how this team responds

im with you on this

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how these guys respond vs ATL. IMO it will give us a good indication of how far this team really has come (or how far it hasn't)

I expected us to lose to Dallas. So, we are exactly where I thought we would be. Except I just got which team we would lose to wrong. :lol:

October 17th, 2011, 7:55 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

ya atleast Momo and Williams won't run for as many losses. I'm just really worried about Jahvid Best's career and his life after football. The amount of concussions he's recieved is flat out scary and he's only 23-24. I would sit him for sure until after the bye week and if it happens again, I'd consider putting him on IR

October 17th, 2011, 8:04 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Killwill25 wrote:
ya atleast Momo and Williams won't run for as many losses. I'm just really worried about Jahvid Best's career and his life after football. The amount of concussions he's recieved is flat out scary and he's only 23-24. I would sit him for sure until after the bye week and if it happens again, I'd consider putting him on IR

Being from the bay area and a Cal fan that was his biggest issue, he's very concussion prone. IMO he's not built to be an every down back. He needs to be a 3rd down back ala Sproles. His body just cant take the pounding. Lions need a back that can pound it between the tackles and wear down the defense then let Best come in and kill them with his speed. Or even use a 2 back system and have Best as a recieving back. 9ers are finding alot of success with Gore pounding the rock and then letting our rookie come in late in games when the D is tired. Our last drive yesterday we had a fresh Hunter come in and have two big runs that were like 9 yards a piece.

There's small backs that can take the pounding like a MJD or a Ray Rice, but those guys are built like a tank.

October 17th, 2011, 9:57 pm
RIP Killer

49erpaintrain wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Being from the bay area and a Cal fan that was his biggest issue, he's very concussion prone. IMO he's not built to be an every down back. He needs to be a 3rd down back ala Sproles. His body just cant take the pounding. Lions need a back that can pound it between the tackles and wear down the defense then let Best come in and kill them with his speed. Or even use a 2 back system and have Best as a recieving back. 9ers are finding alot of success with Gore pounding the rock and then letting our rookie come in late in games when the D is tired. Our last drive yesterday we had a fresh Hunter come in and have two big runs that were like 9 yards a piece.

There's small backs that can take the pounding like a MJD or a Ray Rice, but those guys are built like a tank.

We have that cowbell back - he's on IR with a torn Achilles. Mikel leshoure.

October 17th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next