View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Grade Stafford's performance for the year 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Grade Stafford's performance for the year
He did look alittle shellshocked in this game. He had a stoic look on his face whenever he came off the field, not pumped after a good play, not pissed after a bad play. He just looked lost.

I'm not ragging on Matty, it's just something I noticed about our field general and I'm sure the rest of the team saw it too. He just didn't have that spark.

October 17th, 2011, 2:43 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Boz wrote:
He did look alittle shellshocked in this game. He had a stoic look on his face whenever he came off the field, not pumped after a good play, not pissed after a bad play. He just looked lost.

I'm not ragging on Matty, it's just something I noticed about our field general and I'm sure the rest of the team saw it too. He just didn't have that spark.

If it was'nt for HANDSHAKE GATE, Alot more people would be talking about Stafford flat out not getting it done.

October 17th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:
Unfortunately, Staffords being paid $70 million to NOT have those days on Sunday's or Monday's. It looked like the communication was off too. He missed cj, best, pett, etc all wide or behind on numerous plays. Or the ball he hit smith in the chest with. Lucky he is a lineman and has terrible hands.

And I dare say that the 49ers defense collectively, are getting paid a huge amount of money to make QB's have those days.

Everyone has a bad day now and then. You are completely being unrealistic if you expect anyone to never have a bad day. Apparently you think Peyton Manning is a worthless POCrap because he has had a couple of bad days in the NFL.

October 17th, 2011, 8:08 pm
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:
I disagree. Cj must be a factor, but he doesn't need 7 or 8 catches and multiple TDs. Stafford has to make throws, yes. He has to force feed cj a few. CJ had safety help quite a bit, most of the game in fact. Stafford has to find pett, Titus, Nate, best, etc and actually complete the damn passes. When CJs drawing an extra man, someone will be open, give the man some damn time to find the open guy and staff actually has to throw the ball on target, which he was severely lacking today.

I agree with finding the open guy. But, also, a couple times/game Stafford has got to throw CJ a jump ball. Calvin is ALWAYS OPEN 4 feet over the defenses head. If he isn't, someone is getting a PI penalty.

October 17th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Blueskies wrote:
Stafford's stat line is a bit misleading because there were some bad throws that should've been picked and weren't simply because the 49ers defenders couldn't catch. One throw in particular, Stafford literally hit the 49er straight in the chest as if he was the intended receiver.

That said, the Lions have been built to rely on the QB position. If Stafford is not playing above average, they will probably not win. The running game is entirely dependent upon the passing game; the defense is good but not good enough to win games alone.

Sorry Blueskies. But, that is total BS. His stat line is not misleading because of that. Did they get picked? NO. The stat line is correct. Even if you want to play the if card, you would then be obligated to figure the passes he made that the WR's simply whiffed on. You can't get away with only going half way on the what if game.

October 17th, 2011, 8:21 pm
Hall of Fame Player

hamma77 wrote:
I don't think it's all on the line. I saw Stafford hold the ball way to long quite a few times. He also had horrible pocket presence which I thought was one of his strongest points so far this season. It honestly looked like Shaun Hill out there playing. Missing tons of throws, hitting the tight end 30 times for 18 yards.

We probably threw 5 passes that went beyond 10 yards it was a horrible gameplan and we need to expose deep stuff. We have Titus and Calvin who both are obvious deep threats and we don't even give them 1 shot?

Edit: I'm not bashing Stafford though, 1 off game in 5 games is nothing for me to be mad about. Every QB has it, even the best in the game. I just wish we saw more of a sense of urgency from him and everyone else.

I do agree with you on 1 thing. We should have uncorked the most deadly weapon ever created a couple of times. The MEGATRON BOMB :idea: :arrow:

October 17th, 2011, 8:30 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Shaky "pocket presence" and failure to go deep, 99% of the time, is a result of pass rush. Stafford's happy feet were a result of pressure. They didn't go deep because there was no time for deep routes to develop. The 49ers are legit, and our OL was overmatched. SF did to our o-line what our d-line did to Chicago on Monday night.

My quibble with the offensive game plan was the refusal to use Will Heller in place of Scheffler. Linehan's offense uses a lot of 3 WR sets but also often uses two TEs and two WR. Instead of plugging in Heller for Scheffler to run the two TE sets, they just stayed 3-wide virtually the entire game. That approach only works if one of your WR can get open very quickly underneath. Our WRs got pressed, didn't get off the jam quickly enough, so Stafford had no place to go with the ball. Yes, he missed some throws but the issues were more complicated than simple "accuracy" problems.

October 17th, 2011, 8:43 pm
RIP Killer

mwill2 wrote:
Shaky "pocket presence" and failure to go deep, 99% of the time, is a result of pass rush. Stafford's happy feet were a result of pressure. They didn't go deep because there was no time for deep routes to develop. The 49ers are legit, and our OL was overmatched. SF did to our o-line what our d-line did to Chicago on Monday night.

My quibble with the offensive game plan was the refusal to use Will Heller in place of Scheffler. Linehan's offense uses a lot of 3 WR sets but also often uses two TEs and two WR. Instead of plugging in Heller for Scheffler to run the two TE sets, they just stayed 3-wide virtually the entire game. That approach only works if one of your WR can get open very quickly underneath. Our WRs got pressed, didn't get off the jam quickly enough, so Stafford had no place to go with the ball. Yes, he missed some throws but the issues were more complicated than simple "accuracy" problems.

+1

October 17th, 2011, 9:40 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

+1

Except, in that comparison, cutler outplayed stafford like there was no tomorrow

October 17th, 2011, 9:43 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

conversion02 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

+1

Except, in that comparison, cutler outplayed stafford like there was no tomorrow

Agreed, but that was probably the most heroic performance of Cutler's career.

October 17th, 2011, 9:50 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
mwill2 wrote:

+1

Yes, but Cutler HAD to just to make the game competitive. Stafford didn't have to play lights out in the Bears game. We needed him to turn that on in the 49er game, and he wasn't up to the task. I'm not railing on the guy, everybody has their off days. Stafford had one on Sunday, that much was obvious. But not all his bad throws can be attributed strictly to that. The pass rush pressure got in his head.

October 17th, 2011, 9:51 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I agree with much of what everyone said. One explanation could be the short week, plus from his gf's twitter timeline, they had some issues with power in his house a few times this week. Wonder if that messed up his sleep patterns and threw things off. Not making excuses, but I know how sometimes things just don't feel right if your routines are interrupted.

October 18th, 2011, 12:00 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

njroar wrote:
I agree with much of what everyone said. One explanation could be the short week, plus from his gf's twitter timeline, they had some issues with power in his house a few times this week. Wonder if that messed up his sleep patterns and threw things off. Not making excuses, but I know how sometimes things just don't feel right if your routines are interrupted.

maybe his neck was sore from sleeping on the couch

October 18th, 2011, 12:21 am
RIP Killer

....or the dood is terrified that he'll be hung in the streets if he ends another year on IR...

I'd probably have happy feet rather than stay in the pocket and get destroyed too, if I had a reputation as a china doll

October 18th, 2011, 12:32 am
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:
....or the dood is terrified that he'll be hung in the streets if he ends another year on IR...

I'd probably have happy feet rather than stay in the pocket and get destroyed too, if I had a reputation as a china doll

You mean the pocket that evaporates within nano-seconds of the snap of the ball? :wink:

October 18th, 2011, 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next