View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 P p p p p layoffs?! 
Towel Boy

Post P p p p p layoffs?!
That was a great football game today, Lions fans! Happy my guys pulled out the W. Obviously you guys don't need to be told how legit you are. You guys won't lose many this season but I hope you lose enough to send a possible next meeting between these two teams out west. That home field really is scary! Once again, good game and good luck the rest of the way!

BTW You're experiencing some trolling here and I see some of my Niner brethren are partaking. lol Take it as a compliment, fellas. You've arrived when you're actually WORTH trolling.

October 16th, 2011, 11:25 pm
League MVP

Post Re: P p p p p layoffs?!
yes 12-4

October 16th, 2011, 11:25 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Yes let's hope so!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 16th, 2011, 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

The 49ers will definitely make the playoffs since they should easily win their division. The Lions will probably be fighting for one of the two wildcard spots. I'm guessing they would need to go 11-5 to guarantee a spot. After losing to San Francisco and almost losing to Minnesota and Dallas, it's hard to say with confidence that they'll make it; 10-6 may not cut it, although they have tiebreakers over Tampa and Dallas.

October 17th, 2011, 12:29 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Growler wrote:
The 49ers will definitely make the playoffs since they should easily win their division. The Lions will probably be fighting for one of the two wildcard spots. I'm guessing they would need to go 11-5 to guarantee a spot. After losing to San Francisco and almost losing to Minnesota and Dallas, it's hard to say with confidence that they'll make it; 10-6 may not cut it, although they have tiebreakers over Tampa and Dallas.

true, but you do have a habit of jumping off the bandwagon whenever things go bad for us. Just sayin.

October 17th, 2011, 1:07 am
Player of the Year - Defense

I will be shocked if the Lions don't get a WC spot.

No one in the east or the west is that good. TB and Atlanta are the only competition for a WC, IMO. I like the Lions odds.

October 17th, 2011, 1:18 am
Heisman Winner

I think we need to win this week to really cement ourselves as contenders. It's so easy for 5-2 to turn into 5-3, then eventually 7-5, then 8-8. I'm not going to be happy with 8-8. It's a win now league...There is no real 'next year' in the NFL anymore. Teams are turned around in just 1 year and you need to win when you can.

October 17th, 2011, 7:40 am
Pro Bowl Player

swarthymongol wrote:
That was a great football game today, Lions fans! Happy my guys pulled out the W. Obviously you guys don't need to be told how legit you are. You guys won't lose many this season but I hope you lose enough to send a possible next meeting between these two teams out west. That home field really is scary! Once again, good game and good luck the rest of the way!

BTW You're experiencing some trolling here and I see some of my Niner brethren are partaking. lol Take it as a compliment, fellas. You've arrived when you're actually WORTH trolling.

Thanks for the post. I agree that both teams are legit and going to the play offs this year. I just hope you all get the packers and meet us in the championship game =D> Maybe our head coaches can have a pregame cage match or something.

Our team is the best I've seen in my lifetime, and yet we have so many doubters in our own forum. If Jason Hanson didn't miss his field goal, we wouldn't have had to give the ball over on downs and that game might of gone into overtime. (Yeh If my aunt had a d**k she'd be my uncle). But that game was close, hard fought, and dirty game on both ends. A sign both teams won't be anyone's patsies this year.

Good luck to both teams and stay healthy

October 17th, 2011, 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

Killwill25 wrote:
Growler wrote:

true, but you do have a habit of jumping off the bandwagon whenever things go bad for us. Just sayin.

I'm curious as to how granting the Lions a 10-6 record and saying that might not be good enough for the playoffs is jumping off the bandwagon. My viewpoint is that any Lions fans of a before Millen era or who became fans during that era were never on a "bandwagon". My prediction was an 8-8 record with hope for 9-7 and competition for a playoff spot. With a 5-0 start expectations were increasing but I'll still be happy with 9-7. Am I off the bandwagon also?

October 17th, 2011, 8:31 am

SimplePoster wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
Growler wrote:

I'm curious as to how granting the Lions a 10-6 record and saying that might not be good enough for the playoffs is jumping off the bandwagon. My viewpoint is that any Lions fans of a before Millen era or who became fans during that era were never on a "bandwagon". My prediction was an 8-8 record with hope for 9-7 and competition for a playoff spot. With a 5-0 start expectations were increasing but I'll still be happy with 9-7. Am I off the bandwagon also?

you got me. good point

October 17th, 2011, 1:48 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

I would think it would be very hard for you guys to MISS the playoffs. Even if you dont win the North a WC spot should be very easy to pick up. No one from the west is gonna jump up to grab one. Dont see Chi or Minni turning things around. NFC South is too busy beating each other up.

IMO its shaking up like this:

West: 9ers
North: Packers
South: Saints
East: most likely the Giants

WC: Det, ATL/TB

October 17th, 2011, 10:15 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
49erpaintrain wrote:
I would think it would be very hard for you guys to MISS the playoffs. Even if you dont win the North a WC spot should be very easy to pick up. No one from the west is gonna jump up to grab one. Dont see Chi or Minni turning things around. NFC South is too busy beating each other up.

IMO its shaking up like this:

West: 9ers
North: Packers
South: Saints
East: most likely the Giants

WC: Det, ATL/TB

I agree, and next week is big for the Lions. Probably bigger then 49ers game. If we don't beat Falcons we may see playoff hopes go down the drain fast too.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 17th, 2011, 11:04 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, it just occured to me that the 49ers could possibly get a first rd bye. crazy

October 18th, 2011, 12:30 am
Div 1 - Starter

SimplePoster wrote:

I've been a Lions fan since at least 1991 (which is the first season I really remember), and I've been on the Lions email listserv for over 15 years. I also remember the difference between a GROWN and a GROWL.

October 22nd, 2011, 6:29 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Growler wrote:
SimplePoster wrote:

I've been a Lions fan since at least 1991 (which is the first season I really remember), and I've been on the Lions email listserv for over 15 years. I also remember the difference between a GROWN and a GROWL.

I think he was referring to you saying you were going to jump off the bandwagon in the 1st half of the Vikings game in the chat room.

October 22nd, 2011, 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next