View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 2:01 am



Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Schwartz-Harbaugh 
Author Message
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3797
Location: WSU
Post Schwartz-Harbaugh
I dont have the clip except on my DVR but with regards to the whole coaching showdown :

You cannot fully understand Schwartz reaction until you see the video from a camera that was on the field. It shows a deliberate push by Harbaugh to Schwartz back. This triggers the reaction from Schwartz who it seems was okay with Harbaugh prancing around and "shaking his hand too hard" but not okay with the shove in the back. Anyway if you see this, its hard to be disappointed with Schwartz reaction.

Any news source who is discussing this but not showing the video with this angle is completely negligent if not very dishonest and misleading.

Kevin Seifert's article on espn.go.com is a joke

Anyone that has a link to this camera view on the web please post it. To use NFL terms what it shows is indisputable.


October 17th, 2011, 12:44 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
the whole thing means absolutely dick unless we see them in the playoffs, which I don't think Harbaugh(the young coach) is taking into account. I Hopefully we can use this experience as motivation to beat another very good team next week. But I agree with you legend that it was the push in the back and NOT the handshake that pissed off Jim Schwartz because he said so. I hope our team plays the rest of the season for another shot at playing them in the playoffs.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


October 17th, 2011, 1:05 am
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
What Harbaugh did was rude and I'm glad Schwartz called him out on it. When you greet someone and shake their hand--in any context--you look them in the eye and acknowledge the person. Harbaugh was so busy prancing around that he didn't really pay Schwartz any attention, he just kept celebrating. Sure, Schwartz has his fist pump but when he greets the other coach for a handshake, he has the decency to show a little humility.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


October 17th, 2011, 1:12 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 3797
Location: WSU
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
u guys are missing the point, its not about the hand shake its about the shove which you cant appreciate unless you see the on field video not the sideline one


October 17th, 2011, 2:54 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
Killwill25 wrote:
the whole thing means absolutely dick unless we see them in the playoffs, which I don't think Harbaugh(the young coach) is taking into account. I Hopefully we can use this experience as motivation to beat another very good team next week. But I agree with you legend that it was the push in the back and NOT the handshake that pissed off Jim Schwartz because he said so. I hope our team plays the rest of the season for another shot at playing them in the playoffs.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


October 17th, 2011, 3:00 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9958
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
The Legend wrote:
u guys are missing the point, its not about the hand shake its about the shove which you cant appreciate unless you see the on field video not the sideline one


I saw the shove. I saw the prancing around.

So what's your point? That Schwartz was right to do what he did? No...he was dead wrong. I am not stating that what Harbaugh did was acceptable, but that was not the way to handle it. Players can't retaliate, and neither can coaches. It is sending the wrong message to the players and the fans.

I understand that Harbaugh was caught up in the moment, and that he should have shown more restraint and respect when coming up to Schwartz. I agree with that. Harbaugh has some issues in that regard. He's always been a prick, even when he was playing at Michigan. So his immaturity is to be expected.

Schwartz needed to be the bigger man and address it at another time. If nothing else, I would have said something at the press conference about Harbaugh being a poor winner, and then allow the media and fans to review the video and let Harbaugh come out the antagonist. Right now, both of them look like fools.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


October 17th, 2011, 9:52 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12208
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
My thoughts from another thread:
TheRealWags wrote:
My opinion of the whole Harbaugh vs Schwartz thingy is: Harbaugh seemed to act like a giddy school kid, hopping up and down at the win while Schwartz prolly didn't appreciate that or the slap on the back. All in all both coaches prolly overreacted a bit and cooler heads will prevail in the long run....that said, don't think either team will forget about it any time soon either...will be used as bulletin-board material if we meet in the playoffs.

Another part that doesn't seem to be mentioned here is that Schwartz believes that Harbaugh or someone on his staff swore/cussed at him, which is IMO not only unprofessional, but uncalled for. Tell me how YOU would react if you where in Schwartz' shoes and someone told you to 'f@#k off'...me thinks more than a couple folks here would react similar to Schwartz.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


October 17th, 2011, 9:56 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10336
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
The Legend wrote:
Kevin Seifert's article on espn.go.com is a joke

Anyone that has a link to this camera view on the web please post it. To use NFL terms what it shows is indisputable.


Seifart is a vikes fan, did expect any less of a trash article?

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


October 17th, 2011, 10:06 am
Profile
Heisman Winner

Joined: December 8th, 2008, 3:16 pm
Posts: 785
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
My thoughts on this...

Maybe this will finally get Tim Tebow/Tony Romo off ESPN every single day. :lol:


October 17th, 2011, 10:11 am
Profile
3rd Round Selection

Joined: October 19th, 2005, 1:24 pm
Posts: 1193
Location: Nottingham, England
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
TheRealWags wrote:
My thoughts from another thread:
TheRealWags wrote:
My opinion of the whole Harbaugh vs Schwartz thingy is: Harbaugh seemed to act like a giddy school kid, hopping up and down at the win while Schwartz prolly didn't appreciate that or the slap on the back. All in all both coaches prolly overreacted a bit and cooler heads will prevail in the long run....that said, don't think either team will forget about it any time soon either...will be used as bulletin-board material if we meet in the playoffs.

Another part that doesn't seem to be mentioned here is that Schwartz believes that Harbaugh or someone on his staff swore/cussed at him, which is IMO not only unprofessional, but uncalled for. Tell me how YOU would react if you where in Schwartz' shoes and someone told you to 'f@#k off'...me thinks more than a couple folks here would react similar to Schwartz.

This is Jim, "learn the f'ing rules" and "it was an incompletion mother f'er" we're talking about? If anybody should be able to cope with being cussed at without losing their rag, it's Jim Schwartz!

Seems like a massive storm in a tea cup this whole thing, to be honest. They were both idiots, but the coverage it's been getting seems way out of proportion to me.


October 17th, 2011, 10:22 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12208
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
UK Lion wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
My thoughts from another thread:
TheRealWags wrote:
My opinion of the whole Harbaugh vs Schwartz thingy is: Harbaugh seemed to act like a giddy school kid, hopping up and down at the win while Schwartz prolly didn't appreciate that or the slap on the back. All in all both coaches prolly overreacted a bit and cooler heads will prevail in the long run....that said, don't think either team will forget about it any time soon either...will be used as bulletin-board material if we meet in the playoffs.

Another part that doesn't seem to be mentioned here is that Schwartz believes that Harbaugh or someone on his staff swore/cussed at him, which is IMO not only unprofessional, but uncalled for. Tell me how YOU would react if you where in Schwartz' shoes and someone told you to 'f@#k off'...me thinks more than a couple folks here would react similar to Schwartz.

This is Jim, "learn the f'ing rules" and "it was an incompletion mother f'er" we're talking about? If anybody should be able to cope with being cussed at without losing their rag, it's Jim Schwartz!

IMO there's a difference when doing it from the sidelines DURING a game and doing it AFTER the game. During the game emotions are expected to be high (if they're not, then why even play???) After the game is when professionalism is supposed to be displayed.
UK Lion wrote:
Seems like a massive storm in a tea cup this whole thing, to be honest. They were both idiots, but the coverage it's been getting seems way out of proportion to me.
Agreed

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


October 17th, 2011, 10:29 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9958
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
TheRealWags wrote:
Another part that doesn't seem to be mentioned here is that Schwartz believes that Harbaugh or someone on his staff swore/cussed at him, which is IMO not only unprofessional, but uncalled for. Tell me how YOU would react if you where in Schwartz' shoes and someone told you to 'f@#k off'...me thinks more than a couple folks here would react similar to Schwartz.


It doesn't matter what we would have done. We aren't seasoned coaches in the NFL, and neither is Harbaugh. Would I have been pissed off? Yes. Would I have chased Harbaugh down the field and chest bumped him? No. I understand why Schwartz did it, and I'm not saying he didn't have a reason, but that doesn't matter. If a player does it, it's a penalty and a fine, right? Why should it be viewed as anything different for a coach?

Both were wrong, and both come out looking like @ssholes.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


October 17th, 2011, 10:48 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
m2karateman wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Another part that doesn't seem to be mentioned here is that Schwartz believes that Harbaugh or someone on his staff swore/cussed at him, which is IMO not only unprofessional, but uncalled for. Tell me how YOU would react if you where in Schwartz' shoes and someone told you to 'f@#k off'...me thinks more than a couple folks here would react similar to Schwartz.


It doesn't matter what we would have done. We aren't seasoned coaches in the NFL, and neither is Harbaugh. Would I have been pissed off? Yes. Would I have chased Harbaugh down the field and chest bumped him? No. I understand why Schwartz did it, and I'm not saying he didn't have a reason, but that doesn't matter. If a player does it, it's a penalty and a fine, right? Why should it be viewed as anything different for a coach?

Both were wrong, and both come out looking like @ssholes.


Yeh, Can't argue with that. Honestly can't wait to hear Jim Rome's take on this. All week long we will have opinion polls and articles about these extremely stupid coaches quarrel and let's hope it doesn't take focus of Atlanta.

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


October 17th, 2011, 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12208
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
m2karateman wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Another part that doesn't seem to be mentioned here is that Schwartz believes that Harbaugh or someone on his staff swore/cussed at him, which is IMO not only unprofessional, but uncalled for. Tell me how YOU would react if you where in Schwartz' shoes and someone told you to 'f@#k off'...me thinks more than a couple folks here would react similar to Schwartz.


It doesn't matter what we would have done. We aren't seasoned coaches in the NFL, and neither is Harbaugh. Would I have been pissed off? Yes. Would I have chased Harbaugh down the field and chest bumped him? No. I understand why Schwartz did it, and I'm not saying he didn't have a reason, but that doesn't matter. If a player does it, it's a penalty and a fine, right? Why should it be viewed as anything different for a coach?

Both were wrong, and both come out looking like @ssholes.

Agreed.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


October 17th, 2011, 11:04 am
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2817
Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
It was Jim's fault.


October 17th, 2011, 11:12 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.