View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 9:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Schwartz-Harbaugh 
Position Coach

Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
Roy,Roy,Roy...Roy wrote:
I've given this a lot of thought over the last couple of days and I've come to the conclusion that Schwartz's reaction was unacceptable and completely out of line. The more I thought about it made me sick to my stomach to the point I want to appoligize to both the 49er players/coaches and their fans and I didn't do anything other than being a fan of the Lions. That's not passion that's a hissy fit, if he wants to show his players passion doing while he's game planning for the Falcons, not by running down a coach coming off his biggest win of his young career. I'm not saying What Harbaugh did was acceptable, in fact I don't care what he did at all, that's not my concern as a Lion's fan.

I think about this and then I also think about how Gholston acted during the MSU/UofM game and it makes me even more angry.

That said neither of these two (Schwartz or Gholston) have a history of attacking opponents like they did this past weekend so I hope they come out and make up from their horrible actions from this past weekend.

Now that I've said my piece I hope we can move on to the Falcons.

LOL at this post.

October 18th, 2011, 3:54 pm
NFL Team Captain

Here's my take:

I don't fault Harbaugh for being excited, he just won a close game that they weren't expected to win, but you don't shove your opponent out of the way! No Excuse for that, this is the NFL, show a little respect.

I don't blame coach Schwartz for chasing him down, I probably would have done the same thing as Schwartz quite honestly. Not saying it was the right thing to do, but if I were watching the game somewhere and a 49er fan went to shake my hand after the game and then pushed me out of the way. As amped up as I was over the game, I would have rocked his world without hesitation. It was an emotional game, and both coaches acted emotionally. They are young head coaches and hopefully learned from this situation.

October 18th, 2011, 8:14 pm
Position Coach

TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Here's my take:

I don't fault Harbaugh for being excited, he just won a close game that they weren't expected to win, but you don't shove your opponent out of the way! No Excuse for that, this is the NFL, show a little respect.

I don't blame coach Schwartz for chasing him down, I probably would have done the same thing as Schwartz quite honestly. Not saying it was the right thing to do, but if I were watching the game somewhere and a 49er fan went to shake my hand after the game and then pushed me out of the way. As amped up as I was over the game, I would have rocked his world without hesitation. It was an emotional game, and both coaches acted emotionally. They are young head coaches and hopefully learned from this situation.

EXACTLY. It's just one of those things that happen in life. no need to overly scrutinize either one of them. Two different sides of the spectrum and both responded very human and then everybody else jumps in and it just made it look worse. Now lets beat the Falcons

October 18th, 2011, 11:11 pm
League MVP

Quote:
Here's my take:

the bolded part is the most important. harbaugh's shove was very deliberate, it was intentional and harbaugh decided to do it - it wasnt an accidental shook the hand too hard and patted the back too hard. he shoved him and both schwartz and harbaugh knew it. why else does harbaugh go from celebrating with his team to running off the field? very weird to see the winning coach run off the field like that, harbaugh knew something was coming.

not only do i not blame schwartz but i agree 100% with what he did and commend him for not doing something more aggressive because in the end a fight did not break out. lets pretend schwartz did nothing - his players lose a game than see their coach getting basically laughed at and shoved in the back? thats a quick way to lose respect. you cant be anybody's chump and lead NFL players.

this whole thing of people in the media flipping this on schwartz is ridiculous and only bc most reports on TV are not showing the correct camera angle where you can clearly see that harbaugh shoved schwartz, didnt pat him. the next thing is harbaugh's post game interview. he starts out very loud and animated almost making a mockery of schwartz energetically "yeah i shook his hand too hard bs bs bs bs" then he realizes that he s probably laying it on too strong and quiets down starts toucing his hat and face stutters and changes course mid sentence and starts lying that he "didnt remember what was said, maybe there was chest bumping" schwartz was very matter of fact in his interview, its easy to tell who was lying and hiding something and knew he was wrong.

people talk about schwartz celebrating too emphatically on his own sideline, its totally irrelevant until he does it in someone s face. he was wrong to yell to learn the rules across the field and talking smack to dez bryant a few weeks ago but thats about it and if those are the issues the guy that retaliates by putting his hands on another grown man is the one that has gone too far. all schwartz did was try to find out what the f was going on and maybe throw out a warning that what happened is unacceptable. others have said schwartz is a sore loser? really after losing 24 games in 2 years without complaining and handling it in stride all of a sudden one loss when a guy is throwing it in his face makes him a sore loser?

October 18th, 2011, 11:17 pm
League MVP

Quote:
I saw the shove. I saw the prancing around.

So what's your point? That Schwartz was right to do what he did? No...he was dead wrong. I am not stating that what Harbaugh did was acceptable, but that was not the way to handle it. Players can't retaliate, and neither can coaches. It is sending the wrong message to the players and the fans.

I understand that Harbaugh was caught up in the moment, and that he should have shown more restraint and respect when coming up to Schwartz. I agree with that. Harbaugh has some issues in that regard. He's always been a prick, even when he was playing at Michigan. So his immaturity is to be expected.

Schwartz needed to be the bigger man and address it at another time. If nothing else, I would have said something at the press conference about Harbaugh being a poor winner, and then allow the media and fans to review the video and let Harbaugh come out the antagonist. Right now, both of them look like fools.

i dont see what schwartz did as retaliation. if anything he showed restraint until the point when he tried pushing through multiple people to get close to harbaugh again. chasing after harbaugh to find out what the deal was is completely acceptable and in not out of line. retaliation would ve been tackling him or punching or pushing him back which schwartz easily could have done. schwartz shoulder bumps him not in any overly aggressive way and with less malice then what harbaugh directed at schwartz. harbaugh basically tells him to get the f out of my face. u seriously want schwartz to show up at the press conference and tattle about it? that is a freaking joke and in no way acceptable. two acceptable options - number one do nothing/say nothing which < 1 % men are capable of doing or number two - find out what happened which is what schwartz did. there are times when you should stand up for yourself and this was one of them.

October 18th, 2011, 11:32 pm
League MVP

Quote:
49erFaithful wrote:

Also we are talking about the foul mouth of the league, shwarts. cussing at miles austin, telling harbaugh to learn the rules. LOL Apparently harbaugh knows the rules enough to beat shwarts.

you are out of your mind. harbaugh all game was screaming at refs about every call including many that were illegal formations, false starts and encroachment penalties - indisputable penalties.

October 18th, 2011, 11:38 pm
NFL Team Captain

The Legend wrote:
Quote:
Here's my take:

the bolded part is the most important. harbaugh's shove was very deliberate, it was intentional and harbaugh decided to do it - it wasnt an accidental shook the hand too hard and patted the back too hard. he shoved him and both schwartz and harbaugh knew it. why else does harbaugh go from celebrating with his team to running off the field? very weird to see the winning coach run off the field like that, harbaugh knew something was coming.

not only do i not blame schwartz but i agree 100% with what he did and commend him for not doing something more aggressive because in the end a fight did not break out. lets pretend schwartz did nothing - his players lose a game than see their coach getting basically laughed at and shoved in the back? thats a quick way to lose respect. you cant be anybody's chump and lead NFL players.

this whole thing of people in the media flipping this on schwartz is ridiculous and only bc most reports on TV are not showing the correct camera angle where you can clearly see that harbaugh shoved schwartz, didnt pat him. the next thing is harbaugh's post game interview. he starts out very loud and animated almost making a mockery of schwartz energetically "yeah i shook his hand too hard bs bs bs bs" then he realizes that he s probably laying it on too strong and quiets down starts toucing his hat and face stutters and changes course mid sentence and starts lying that he "didnt remember what was said, maybe there was chest bumping" schwartz was very matter of fact in his interview, its easy to tell who was lying and hiding something and knew he was wrong.

people talk about schwartz celebrating too emphatically on his own sideline, its totally irrelevant until he does it in someone s face. he was wrong to yell to learn the rules across the field and talking smack to dez bryant a few weeks ago but thats about it and if those are the issues the guy that retaliates by putting his hands on another grown man is the one that has gone too far. all schwartz did was try to find out what the f was going on and maybe throw out a warning that what happened is unacceptable. others have said schwartz is a sore loser? really after losing 24 games in 2 years without complaining and handling it in stride all of a sudden one loss when a guy is throwing it in his face makes him a sore loser?

This... very well put! =D>

October 19th, 2011, 7:42 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

its a little silly to say Harbaugh did it deliberately. There is no way to prove it. And then to basically call Harbaugh a bitch for running away is ridiculous. All coaches turn around and head to the tunnel after the game... or at least thats what Harbaugh and Singletary do (dont really remember what Nolan did).

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

October 19th, 2011, 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

if it wasnt deliberate he had a very precise involuntary contraction of his left arm

October 19th, 2011, 10:30 pm
Pop Warner Rookie

The Legend wrote:
if it wasnt deliberate he had a very precise involuntary contraction of his left arm

Or he was so pumped he didnt realize how rude he was coming across.

“Jim's a dynamic man with incredible determination, willpower and energy. He's the ultimate in a driven person who has high expectations. The people around him respond. He's on the cutting edge with an outstanding football mind.” - Bill Walsh

October 19th, 2011, 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The two Jim's have moved on. The NFL has moved on.

Shall we all do the same?

October 20th, 2011, 11:07 am
Pop Warner Rookie

m2karateman wrote:
The two Jim's have moved on. The NFL has moved on.

Shall we all do the same?

I think so...

I'm keeping the gif though \:D/

October 20th, 2011, 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5