View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 5:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Schwartz-Harbaugh 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
Killwill25 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Rivalries are born by having hard fought games between two teams that are in contention for something, not between two coaches who embarrass themselves on national TV.

It was that too. These men are who they are because of that fire so you complaining about the symantics of the whole incident is a moot point. When they play again, it will prolly be the highest rated game in our history. How can anyone complain about this? no one got hurt, no one will be suspended. There is no such thing as sensitive football so it does'nt make sense to be a sensitive football fan(Just thought of that one, you welcome to use it)

So, if an MMA guy attacks his opponent after losing, you are OK with that? If the players had an all out brawl after the game, that's just part of the "fire" in them? Sorry will, but part of being a good coach is having that fire. Part of being an adult is knowing how to put that fire out when you need to. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. But I don't make millions per year, and I don't get put on national TV. Part of his job is having control, and remembering that you represent a franchise. If we hold players to that standard, the coaches should be held to an even higher one.

October 17th, 2011, 4:15 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
conversion02 wrote:
49erFaithful wrote:
Whos super bowl? The 49ers have been playing this way all season. its nothing new, its nothing lucky. its another football game that they went out and played hard and won. treat every game like a superbowl and thats where you end up. I keep hearing that the lions didnt show up, or that they didnt look like themselves..give me a break. They just got BEAT no excuses. Stafford looked bad because he was getting dominated not because he had a tummy ache or some bullshit excuse. Suh didnt perform because of snyder, not because he was just off. Stop bullshitting your way through this.

Snyder? Or was it Davis who was repeatedly punching him? I saw one play where Davis and Snyder were laying on Suh (they had to double him to stop him) and Davis was repeatedly punching him. Davis is the biggest turd bag in the league. How the refs didn't see that garbage is beyond me, but the TV cameras sure zoomed in on it.

Davis should stfu, that stuff he wrote on twitter, no class. I can't stand him.

As for what happened after the game, I like it. There is pros and cons to it though, some of the pros is it will show your players that you don't like to lose and players shouldn't either. Also it can also jack your players up and play hard. Some of the cons I see and I hope this doesn't happen is that the Lions don't see anything bad come out of it so then they think they can do it during the game.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 17th, 2011, 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Peanut and Beer Salesman

blah blah (blame game) blah blah blah...

Both coaches will probably make PSAs on good sportsmanship or at least make a public mea culpa of some form or another and everyone will forget about it until the playoffs. Then it'll just be fodder for the media to hype the playoff game between us.

Now go crush the Falcons. :arrow:

October 17th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Stats Boy

Okay just want to air my opinion on this.

Jim feels like one of the players when he's on the field, you can tell that easily. He always has a poop of emotion while out there. It got the best of him, he was caught up in celebrating with a couple of players and definitely hit Schwartz hand too hard. He then went for a pat on the back but was too hyped up and did it too hard. That combined with Schwartz already walking that way is what makes it look like a shove but come on, it wasn't.

As for the cursing, You see Harbaugh's face almost that entire time as the video is facing him. All I can see is him going, "WOO" right after passing Schwartz. You then see Schwartz turn around and say "What the fudge?" Maybe he did say a curse word to him but following Jim as close as I do, I can guarantee it was something like "Helluva game" or saying "fudge yeah" before he got to Schwartz. He is NOT the type of person to just walk up and curse at someone after winning a game. He makes his point on the field and leaves it there unless someone tries to say or do something after the game.

As for the flag, it wasn't about knowing the rules. He said in his press conference that he knew the rules but he was hoping that the time it took for him to get penalized would be enough time for the people upstairs to beep the main ref and tell him to review it.

My stance on this whole thing is this: I don't like Schwartz. He was poop in the interview before the game (saying that we deferred because we were scared of the defense and the home crowd, which is dumb as poop since we've deferred ALL season long), shouting at Harbaugh during the game while having a snide look on his face, cursing out players in other games, etc. He talks about a certain set of protocols in the NFL, but he doesn't follow them either and this is hypocritical of him.

Saying that, what Harbaugh did was wrong. He should have calmed down for a second and been professional about it. I understand why he was so hyped up, but still. That's not right. Calm down and shake the guys hand like a fudge man. Still, Schwartz is in the wrong too in this. He almost incited a riot at the end when he should have handled it in the press conference and with the league privately. Handling it the way he did was just as immature and unprofessional as what Harbaugh did.

As for Anthony Davis, I never saw any punches so if one of you could get a video of that on youtube, i'd appreciate it .I'll be making youtube videos of the entire game later on so hopefully i'll see it, but I was watching pretty intently during the game and I never saw him repeatedly punching Suh. I agree his tweets were unprofessional though. He needs to stop that stupid bullshit right away. I like that he's getting swagger finally and playing with some heart, but you leave that on the field. You don't talk trash outside of the game. I'm hoping that gets fixed real quick. He deleted all the tweets so he obviously knows it was wrong to do. He should know better.

October 17th, 2011, 6:00 pm
Varsity Captain

So I just read somewhere that these 2 coaches had lunch or dinner together, and Schwarts basically told Harbaugh that his team will do jack squat this year because he only has 2 weeks to prepare before pre-season starts. He also went on to say that he would beat my Niners handily.

So what Harbaugh did was a little payback. He shoved him on purpose to get a response from Schwartz. I guarantee you that something like this was planned from Harbs if the Niners won. He's smart and he plans every little detail. He doesn't like being on the short end, and likes sticking "it" back from where it came. I always found Schwartz to be a little punk and I've never liked him. He needs to shut his mouth and just coach. Dude is a good coach, but all that extra stuff I can live without.

THAT SAID

I wouldn't have done what Harbs did. He was in the wrong for doing it. He could have gone about it a totally different way and still got his point across. When he was jumping up and down, I was a little embarrassed. Act like you've been there before man. But now that I've read the dinner thing, I can't help but feel that whole jubilation thing was planned. Still don't like it though.

October 17th, 2011, 7:40 pm
Modmin Dude

PFT wrote:
NFL: No fines for Schwartz, Harbaugh
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 17, 2011, 6:58 PM EDT
Jim Harbaugh, Jim Schwartz

The post-game drama featuring Jim Schwartz and Jim Harbaugh will have a happy ending.

At least for the two coaches.

The NFL will not fine either coach for their postgame activity in Detroit on Sunday. The reason: There was no fighting involved.

“On Detroit-SF coach incident, fortunately, there was no fighting and thus no basis for a fine,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said. “However, both coaches told Ray Anderson today that their post-game conduct was wrong and will not happen again.”

It’s a surprising move by a league that likes to fine for all sorts of things, from uniform violations to celebrations to not wearing microphones to flipping the bird.

The coaches will continue to pay in other ways. They’ll have to keep answering questions about the issue.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -harbaugh/

October 17th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

49ers wrote:
So I just read somewhere that these 2 coaches had lunch or dinner together, and Schwarts basically told Harbaugh that his team will do jack squat this year because he only has 2 weeks to prepare before pre-season starts. He also went on to say that he would beat my Niners handily.
So what Harbaugh did was a little payback. He shoved him on purpose to get a response from Schwartz. I guarantee you that something like this was planned from Harbs if the Niners won. He's smart and he plans every little detail. He doesn't like being on the short end, and likes sticking "it" back from where it came. I always found Schwartz to be a little punk and I've never liked him. He needs to shut his mouth and just coach. Dude is a good coach, but all that extra stuff I can live without.

THAT SAID

I wouldn't have done what Harbs did. He was in the wrong for doing it. He could have gone about it a totally different way and still got his point across. When he was jumping up and down, I was a little embarrassed. Act like you've been there before man. But now that I've read the dinner thing, I can't help but feel that whole jubilation thing was planned. Still don't like it though.

You can't just post something like that without backing it up. Why should anyone believe that?

October 17th, 2011, 7:59 pm
Stats Boy

I saw that posted a few places as well, and there were a couple twitter posts. I'll try to find a link.

Still, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that Harbaugh planned that out. Why the hell would he plan a handshake out? That's stupid. What he did was in the heat of the moment. Don't get all conspiracy theorist on it.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/10/17/ ... s-flag-red

October 17th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Killwill25 wrote:
49ers wrote:

THAT SAID

You can't just post something like that without backing it up. Why should anyone believe that?

Well, 49ers has exaggerated the story somewhat with the phrasing here. But apparently Schwartz cautioned Harbaugh that the lack of a full offseason would make it difficult to significantly upgrade the team in the first year. Schwartz, having some experience with turning around a lousy franchise, should know something about this. Maybe Harbaugh thought it was a jab? I dunno. I think the whole thing is overblown. They both lost their cool.

October 17th, 2011, 8:15 pm
Stats Boy

He said he wouldn't do it, not that there would be difficulty in doing it. Let's be fair here.

October 17th, 2011, 8:17 pm
Hall of Fame Player

UK Lion wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
My thoughts from another thread:
TheRealWags wrote:
My opinion of the whole Harbaugh vs Schwartz thingy is: Harbaugh seemed to act like a giddy school kid, hopping up and down at the win while Schwartz prolly didn't appreciate that or the slap on the back. All in all both coaches prolly overreacted a bit and cooler heads will prevail in the long run....that said, don't think either team will forget about it any time soon either...will be used as bulletin-board material if we meet in the playoffs.

Another part that doesn't seem to be mentioned here is that Schwartz believes that Harbaugh or someone on his staff swore/cussed at him, which is IMO not only unprofessional, but uncalled for. Tell me how YOU would react if you where in Schwartz' shoes and someone told you to 'f@#k off'...me thinks more than a couple folks here would react similar to Schwartz.

This is Jim, "learn the f'ing rules" and "it was an incompletion mother f'er" we're talking about? If anybody should be able to cope with being cussed at without losing their rag, it's Jim Schwartz!

Seems like a massive storm in a tea cup this whole thing, to be honest. They were both idiots, but the coverage it's been getting seems way out of proportion to me.

I kind of disagree. I thin k the media see the 49ers and Lions in a playoff game this year. Then this incident happens. And now they have their angle for hyping the game/Bloodmatch. They are just pre-hyping it right now. I trust this legend will grow as the likeliness of a rematch grows.

October 17th, 2011, 9:09 pm
Hall of Fame Player

49erFaithful wrote:
Whos super bowl? The 49ers have been playing this way all season. its nothing new, its nothing lucky. its another football game that they went out and played hard and won. treat every game like a superbowl and thats where you end up. I keep hearing that the lions didnt show up, or that they didnt look like themselves..give me a break. They just got BEAT no excuses. Stafford looked bad because he was getting dominated not because he had a tummy ache or some bullshit excuse. Suh didnt perform because of snyder, not because he was just off. Stop bullshitting your way through this.

You are the same guy that in chat was calling every incomplete pass by the 49ers a PI on the Lions RIGHT?
And you were yelling BS about the real PI's that your defense got called on. And setting yourself up to claim that the 49ers couldn't beat the ref's. You really sounded like a little girl that just got scolded by daddy.

I see that with the win, you grew a pair. Good for you. Run along now.

October 17th, 2011, 9:19 pm
League MVP

here s the real link

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports. ... 8/32789791

nothing about schwartz saying he would easily beat the niners just saying it would be hard for harbaugh with a short preseason

October 17th, 2011, 9:35 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Who was the little chubby griese ball that tried to seperate them? I've never seen that guy before

October 17th, 2011, 9:41 pm
League MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
the whole thing means absolutely dick unless we see them in the playoffs, which I don't think Harbaugh(the young coach) is taking into account. I Hopefully we can use this experience as motivation to beat another very good team next week. But I agree with you legend that it was the push in the back and NOT the handshake that pissed off Jim Schwartz because he said so. I hope our team plays the rest of the season for another shot at playing them in the playoffs.

whoops. sorry.

October 17th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next