View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Schwartz-Harbaugh 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: Schwartz-Harbaugh
Whomeam wrote:
He said he wouldn't do it, not that there would be difficulty in doing it. Let's be fair here.

No, that's how the story has be relayed to the media by Jim Harbaugh's brother. Let's be fair and acknowledge that the source may be biased in relaying the story to the media. I don't doubt that something was said but the source of the quote isn't exactly neutral.

Either way, the whole thing is stupid. Both guys lost their cool. Peter King's description is perfect: Harbaugh lit the fuse and Schwartz exploded. Neither guy is blameless.

October 17th, 2011, 9:49 pm
Stats Boy

It's the only source that we have and it hasn't been proven wrong. You can doubt it, but don't try to change what the story is so far.

October 17th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

There's alot of speculation going around and no one knows for sure what really happened. In harbaughs presser today they brought up the dinner conversation and Harbaugh said he doesnt really remember the conversation word for word and said it was more of a "scenario" conversation like a what would you do type of thing.

Then there was the penalty after the touchdown where Schwartz yelled out "know the rules" and they asked him if he heard that. He claimed he didnt hear or see Schwartz. But who knows, i find it hard in this day and age that something like that wouldnt find its way down to the field or into the locker room at half time. And btw, Harbaugh knew he was going to be penalized but he felt like they didnt go over it in the booth long enough. He basically said he took the penalty instead of using a timeout.

All in all i think its a big overreaction. Sure Harbaugh had a lil mustard on the handshake but i dont think it warranted Schwartz running after him and bumping into him. Both guys are known to be hot headed.

October 17th, 2011, 10:05 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
49erpaintrain wrote:
There's alot of speculation going around and no one knows for sure what really happened. In harbaughs presser today they brought up the dinner conversation and Harbaugh said he doesnt really remember the conversation word for word and said it was more of a "scenario" conversation like a what would you do type of thing.

Then there was the penalty after the touchdown where Schwartz yelled out "know the rules" and they asked him if he heard that. He claimed he didnt hear or see Schwartz. But who knows, i find it hard in this day and age that something like that wouldnt find its way down to the field or into the locker room at half time. And btw, Harbaugh knew he was going to be penalized but he felt like they didnt go over it in the booth long enough. He basically said he took the penalty instead of using a timeout.

All in all i think its a big overreaction. Sure Harbaugh had a lil mustard on the handshake but i dont think it warranted Schwartz running after him and bumping into him. Both guys are known to be hot headed.

No one will ever find out what really happens.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 17th, 2011, 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

49erpaintrain wrote:

Personally, I agree with the opinion that their attitudes however good or bad they may be, are a reflection of these two teams. We can all sit around and opine about the topic all day, but it won't matter next sunday or the sunday after that. The end of the day San Fran got a hard fought win. Both coaches ADMITTED they were wrong. enough said.

October 17th, 2011, 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
BANNED

as a 49er fan im here to tell you This forum fudge sucks
since we have nothing else to say because of the thoroughass whooping we layed on yall ill end my relationship with yall lamebacker.com on a good note

October 18th, 2011, 2:16 am
3rd Round Selection

BayArea9er wrote:
since we have nothing else to say because of the thoroughass whooping we layed on yall

:lol: Looked like a tight game to me. But whatever you need to get you through the day. Have a good one. =D>

October 18th, 2011, 5:23 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

UK Lion wrote:
BayArea9er wrote:
since we have nothing else to say because of the thoroughass whooping we layed on yall

:lol: Looked like a tight game to me. But whatever you need to get you through the day. Have a good one. =D>

It WAS a tight game, that guy is being a troll/dick.. whatever you want to call him is fine by me.

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 18th, 2011, 8:27 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Quote:
@AlbertBreer
Albert Breer

I liked this line, I got from one Lion today on what he thought of Jim Schwartz running down Jim Harbaugh: "That's Detroit football."

16 hours ago via web Unfavorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/AlbertBreer/statu ... 1184257024

October 18th, 2011, 8:47 am
Hall of Fame Player

BayArea9er wrote:
since we have nothing else to say because of the thoroughass whooping we layed on yall ill end my relationship with yall lamebacker.com on a good note

Thanks anyway but I've already seen this video of your mom! :P

October 18th, 2011, 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

I've given this a lot of thought over the last couple of days and I've come to the conclusion that Schwartz's reaction was unacceptable and completely out of line. The more I thought about it made me sick to my stomach to the point I want to appoligize to both the 49er players/coaches and their fans and I didn't do anything other than being a fan of the Lions. That's not passion that's a hissy fit, if he wants to show his players passion doing while he's game planning for the Falcons, not by running down a coach coming off his biggest win of his young career. I'm not saying What Harbaugh did was acceptable, in fact I don't care what he did at all, that's not my concern as a Lion's fan.

I think about this and then I also think about how Gholston acted during the MSU/UofM game and it makes me even more angry.

That said neither of these two (Schwartz or Gholston) have a history of attacking opponents like they did this past weekend so I hope they come out and make up from their horrible actions from this past weekend.

Now that I've said my piece I hope we can move on to the Falcons.

October 18th, 2011, 10:49 am
Modmin Dude

BayArea9er wrote:

And its posts like these that will get you banned.
Thanks for playing

October 18th, 2011, 11:44 am
m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
u guys are missing the point, its not about the hand shake its about the shove which you cant appreciate unless you see the on field video not the sideline one

I saw the shove. I saw the prancing around.

So what's your point? That Schwartz was right to do what he did? No...he was dead wrong. I am not stating that what Harbaugh did was acceptable, but that was not the way to handle it. Players can't retaliate, and neither can coaches. It is sending the wrong message to the players and the fans.

I understand that Harbaugh was caught up in the moment, and that he should have shown more restraint and respect when coming up to Schwartz. I agree with that. Harbaugh has some issues in that regard. He's always been a prick, even when he was playing at Michigan. So his immaturity is to be expected.

Schwartz needed to be the bigger man and address it at another time. If nothing else, I would have said something at the press conference about Harbaugh being a poor winner, and then allow the media and fans to review the video and let Harbaugh come out the antagonist. Right now, both of them look like fools.

+1 Couldn't have said it better.

October 18th, 2011, 11:53 am
Varsity Captain

The thing that sucks about the confrontation is that the Lions have a HUGE game coming up against the Falcons, and a lot of the energy for that game is being used on the damn handshake & chase. Schwartz probably still isn't over it. He didn't defend his players so much as he defended the personal disrespect that he felt. (PS - Harbs was in the wrong too)

We have 2 weeks to recover from an emotional game, followed by a story that will follow us around for a week. I'm more concerned for you guys. It almost feels like the wind was taken right out of the sails, and not because of the game.

October 18th, 2011, 1:09 pm
I don't think it will have much of an affect on the locker-room/team, and it could serve as a rallying point/"we haven't earned respect aroudn the league yet" call to arms, but there also can be a hangover/time dedication issue. IMO Schwartz is professional enough to move on (even though he wasn't professional enough to keep his cool), he won't let it bother him, and he's already moved on to next week/hoping to see the 49ers in the Playoffs...

But on the bright side... We have two teams that couldn't think of even sniffing the playoffs two years ago, and we're both looking good this year!!!

October 18th, 2011, 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next