View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Predictions: Detroit Lions vs Atlanta Falcons 

Who wins?
Lions win 58%  58%  [ 23 ]
Falcons win 30%  30%  [ 12 ]
Too close to call 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 40

Predictions: Detroit Lions vs Atlanta Falcons 
Modmin Dude

Post Predictions: Detroit Lions vs Atlanta Falcons
Do our beloved Lions have it in them to put the 49er loss behind them and move on?
IMO this will be a great test for this team. We will find out where they are and just who they are. A few have been apologizing (via Twitter) for the last game; now we get to see if its just talk or if they're come out with fire.

I say they'll be 6-1 by Sunday night.

Lions 26
Falcons 19

What say you?

Go Lions!!!
headbang.gif

October 18th, 2011, 4:00 pm
Varsity Captain

Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions vs Atlanta Falcons
Lions 27
Falcons24

October 18th, 2011, 4:02 pm
Profile YIM
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I haven't been very impressed with the Falcons this year. Matt Ryan has been inconsistent and their defense has struggled. I predict that the Lions will bounce back after a subpar performance against the 49ers.

LIONS 31 FALCONS 20

October 18th, 2011, 4:11 pm
Team MVP

Very tough call. I havent had a chance to watch the Falcons this year, so my prediction is based on what I know the Lions are capable of, and the fact that theyre at home and out to prove something.

Lions 27 Falcons 26

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 18th, 2011, 4:28 pm
RIP Killer

I think this would be a tough call in Atlanta, but this is in Detroit.

Lions 27
Falcons 17

October 18th, 2011, 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

This should be very close. After last weeks loss to the gold miners, I hope they come out swinging. Stafford has to make things happen this week. I'm glad we get a little break from mobile QBs but they pretty much only attempt short passes so hopefully we can jump on a couple of those but Turner is going to be a handfull. I'm hoping that he is still tired from last week because they are going to try to do exactly what S.F. did to us and run it down our throats with a little play action. Matthew Stafford needs to come to play because there is no reason why he should'nt throw for 300yrds and 3 TDs on that defense. This game really is too close to call but I think we'll find a way to win. I really wish Jahvid Best was healthy

21-20

October 18th, 2011, 5:31 pm
NFL Team Captain

Atlanta comes in with Matt Ryan getting alot of hits. I agree that we'll see a heavy dose of Turner and the Defense is going to have to slow down and locate the ball instead of going 100 mph for the QB. If Turner starts running the ball successfully then they are going to force our safeties to come up and next thing you know - Roddy White up top.

On the offensive side for us. Matt has to get time to allow the plays to develop. This is a huge game for our OLine. I don't believe that the Falcons Dline is as strong as the 9ers, so this could be a better match up. Our WRs and TEs need to catch the clutch passes, don't leave it up to CJ to be the only one to catch clutch passes.

I think the Lions come out pissed and ready to pounce!

Lions - 31
Falcons - 20

October 18th, 2011, 7:42 pm
Heisman Winner

This one has Stafford written all over it. If he plays well, we win and if he doesn't.....let's just say it will be a long day because ATL has enough to make you pay for erratic play.

My gut tells me that Stafford was force fed a lot of film this week and the coaching staff will challenge him to take this one over.

31-27 Leos =D>

Mark my words though. Sink or Swim with Mathew.

October 18th, 2011, 9:49 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

I dont like saying this but Atlanta could pull the upset. I know I suck for doing it :finger:
Atlanta 24
Lions 16

October 18th, 2011, 11:13 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I'll say the Lions. 24-17.

I'll also say that if the Lions don't win this game, this season could get ugly.

October 18th, 2011, 11:34 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

jedi~outcast wrote:
I dont like saying this but Atlanta could pull the upset. I know I suck for doing it :finger:
Atlanta 24
Lions 16

normally I'd be E-mad at you but I fear you may be right

October 19th, 2011, 12:01 am
Pro Bowl Player

Atlanta - 35
Detroit - 14

[-o< Hope Im wrong

October 19th, 2011, 12:44 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I said they'd lose last week, and I'll say they'll lose this week.

October 19th, 2011, 1:11 am
RIP Killer

Atlanta and San Francisco have a bunch of similarities. They rely heavily on their running game, their pass defense isn't all that great, but they have a solid run defense. Despite their pass defense being less than stellar, they have the ability to get after the QB, and they create turnovers.

The difference between the two teams (ATL and SF) is that Alex Smith is playing a controlled game, and Atlanta is still trying to get Matt Ryan to throw the deep ball, despite an offensive line that isn't giving him the time.

Now that SF used their running game and quick passes to stymie the Lions aggressive defense, you can bet your bottom dollar Atlanta will look to do the same this week. Michael Turner had a big game against Carolina (which is no surprise, Carolina is TERRIBLE against the run) and he will look to do the same this week, as he's had success against the Lions previously.

If the Falcons have Julio Jones back (questionable) this makes the game even tougher for the Lions. This is a "too close to call" game. If Stafford is inconsistent again, the Lions lose. If Stafford plays like he did in the other games, the Lions can definitely win this one.

Which Matt Stafford will show up?

October 19th, 2011, 11:35 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I'm picking the Lions because I think the offense will play angry this week. I think they'll start fast and kick this very bad habit of failing to sustain drives. However, if they aren't firing on all cylinders, this game could turn ugly.

Like M2K, I see the similarities between ATL and SF but you know what I discovered after looking at the SF game again? SF threw the ball a lot more than I thought they would. Overall, they were balanced--53% pass and 47% run--but I initially thought they were more run-heavy than that. The Falcons, at least against Carolina, were 61% run! They are way more committed to running than SF. I was surprised when I saw this--I thought ATL was more of a passing team. If you look at their week 1 loss to Chicago, they got behind in the first quarter and were forced to pass. In that game, they were 77% pass--and they got blown out. So the key is to get an early lead and make them play catch-up.

If the Lions' offense starts slow (again) and allows Atlanta to hang in there in the first half, ATL will stick with the run, dominate time of possession, and break the game open in the 4th quarter (they scored 17 of their 31 points last week in the 4th quarter vs. an exhausted CAR defense).

October 19th, 2011, 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next