View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 12:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Best advised to end his year 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Best advised to end his year
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Hey, three yards on first and second down respectively wouldn't be too bad.

Bo Schembechler football. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

October 22nd, 2011, 10:43 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
It probably the best thing for him, concussions are serious and you never want to see a career ending.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 22nd, 2011, 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

BillySims wrote:
How does the IR/NFIL affect the cap? Do the salaries of those on those lists count against the cap? Or do they fall off the cap?

A player on IR still gets paid and counts against the cap. A player on the non-football injury list does not get paid and does not count against the cap.

In Harrison's case, I believe the Lions will do the right thing and pay the man, but I don't know if the NFL will allow an exemption or something to keep it off their salary cap. I don't even know if that's allowed since this is an unusual case.

October 23rd, 2011, 10:50 am
Varsity 1st Team

slybri19 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
How does the IR/NFIL affect the cap? Do the salaries of those on those lists count against the cap? Or do they fall off the cap?

A player on IR still gets paid and counts against the cap. A player on the non-football injury list does not get paid and does not count against the cap.

In Harrison's case, I believe the Lions will do the right thing and pay the man, but I don't know if the NFL will allow an exemption or something to keep it off their salary cap. I don't even know if that's allowed since this is an unusual case.

ok I'' be the bad guy here.

Why would Paying the man be the right thing for a business to do? They wanted to get rid of him in the first place. If you, heaven forbid, developed a brain tumor would your employer pay you for not working? You may have insurance that may cover this but I doubt your employer would pay you.

Frok

October 23rd, 2011, 11:33 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
frok wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

ok I'' be the bad guy here.

Why would Paying the man be the right thing for a business to do? They wanted to get rid of him in the first place. If you, heaven forbid, developed a brain tumor would your employer pay you for not working? You may have insurance that may cover this but I doubt your employer would pay you.

Frok

Well you can't fire someone due to health issues, it's illegal.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 23rd, 2011, 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Frok, I understand and agree with what you're saying. However, it would be a PR disaster if the Lions did that.

October 23rd, 2011, 11:47 am
Pro Bowl Player

slybri19 wrote:
Frok, I understand and agree with what you're saying. However, it would be a PR disaster if the Lions did that.

+1

Exactly, Lions will do what it takes to look respectful to the fans and the player's. It's the right thing to do, and regardless of his status with the team pre-trade deadline, he is a Lions player now and their actions will be put under scrutiny.

I'd go so far as to say the way they deal with this issue will decide whether some player's come to this franchise in the future.

October 23rd, 2011, 11:58 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

I Guarentee there are rules in place to make sure that he's going to get paid to some degree. I would be shocked if the Lions had to either foot the whole bill of his contract OR if they got out of paying all together. There are insurances in place for all kinds of situations like this. If nothing else he would be protected by disability rights.

I Promise you this man is protected...and so is the organization.

October 24th, 2011, 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3