View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 The Year of The Lion, 2011 
Fair Weather Fan

Post The Year of The Lion, 2011
It's our year. Just accept it.

My family and I are out to share the faith and the proof we are coming across that this is the year of the Lion!

"LionofDetroit" on the draftcountdown website posted a version of this to all Lions fans.

Source #1:

Are the Detroit Lions starving for the big win? 9 out of 10 would say yes. After this survey, I stumbled upon this band and bought their album. Yes a bit superstitious but hey, We're about all things Lion!

My Starving Lion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4FMhPs3l9k (good music before every game.)

Source #2:

The Lion King Movie

If you didn't guess that one then you're either 1. Not a Lions fan but are reading this because you enjoy unique takes on skill and tactic sporting events. Or 2. You Know underdogs are the best Winners.

Source #3:
2011 is the Year of the Lion

Nebraska's Star Herald:

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2...5554245134.txt

Source #4:
The Detroit Lions have Ndamukong Suh in 2011.
Yet another source of proof from Nebraska.
Proof from Nebraska by a Nebraskan. Crazy.

Source #5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipVoElgZlhs

Even though I turn the channel when most televangelists come on. This one had a good message. "2011 is the Year of the Lion".

Call us crazy, our assertions outrageous. But guess what?

I'm a Lions fan. We already won.

Find proof and post it here!

..........................................................Win...............................................................

October 20th, 2011, 6:43 pm
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: The Year of The Lion, 2011
Wow, what is happening here at Lionbacker? I can't get online for a few days, and someone claiming to be the Wife of a Lions Player/Coach/exec makes a few posts here and no-one has responder to her?

So, WoLoD, Please tell us who you are married to. Long ago, we had a TE and his mom used to post here. Her username was MsELR. It would be cool to have you post here frequently and even have you husband post here also.

October 22nd, 2011, 10:23 am
Fair Weather Fan

BillySims wrote:
Wow, what is happening here at Lionbacker? I can't get online for a few days, and someone claiming to be the Wife of a Lions Player/Coach/exec makes a few posts here and no-one has responder to her?

So, WoLoD, Please tell us who you are married to. Long ago, we had a TE and his mom used to post here. Her username was MsELR. It would be cool to have you post here frequently and even have you husband post here also.

Hey Billy,

No i'm not close to any 'current' Lions players. Thanks for your reply. Pass this proof along. It's our year!

October 22nd, 2011, 2:38 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

WifeofLionofDetroit wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Hey Billy,

No i'm not close to any 'current' Lions players. Thanks for your reply. Pass this proof along. It's our year!

the wording here suggests something...care to elaborate?

October 22nd, 2011, 9:25 pm
Towel Boy

regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Hey Billy,

Haha! Hey.

Yes, through me she knows some former NFL players. We just decided that this year we would be more proactive fans. Actually try to make a difference.

If you want. Join and post here:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthr ... ost2721122

My other thread: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49139

We gotta get in their heads. That's all there is to it. So help a brother out and share this proof everywhere. Blogs, Youtube, Work, other Forums. Do It and bet me the Lions wont notice :wink:

Larry Bird, Muhammad Ali, Martin Luther King...Eminem.

They all dominated their opposition by stating the outrageous. That in itself cleared the path to victory.

"The Detroit Lions. We Already Won."

October 23rd, 2011, 12:46 am
National Champion

Ah.. i get it, lion of detroit is trying to put together a positive Mo-jo database..of all things pointing out that this is "THE YEAR". for the lions.. :arrow:

ok.. how about that crazy guy that let a bunch of lions and tigers loose in ohio..
its not every day you have lions running free around a buckeye corn field...?

i just like the fact we have an unbelivable crowd "Roar" blowing the roof off ford field on sundays

October 23rd, 2011, 10:52 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
LionofDetroit wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Hey Billy,

Haha! Hey.

Yes, through me she knows some former NFL players. We just decided that this year we would be more proactive fans. Actually try to make a difference.

If you want. Join and post here:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthr ... ost2721122

My other thread: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49139

We gotta get in their heads. That's all there is to it. So help a brother out and share this proof everywhere. Blogs, Youtube, Work, other Forums. Do It and bet me the Lions wont notice :wink:

Larry Bird, Muhammad Ali, Martin Luther King...Eminem.

They all dominated their opposition by stating the outrageous. That in itself cleared the path to victory.

"The Detroit Lions. We Already Won."

Soo... then who are you?

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 23rd, 2011, 11:54 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Wish I could call this optimism, but it's way beyond that

October 23rd, 2011, 2:36 pm
Veteran General Manager

conversion02 wrote:

After watching yesterdays game, I agree. We aren't going anywhere with that O-line.

What I don't get is: Last year, GBay's O-line was in total meltdown after we beat them. How in the world did they put it back together and go on to win the Super Bowl?

Atlanta's O-line has been awful this year. But, they put it back together just in time for Detroit.

How can these other teams fix their woeful O-lines, inside a season, and the Lions can't build an O-line in a decade?

Rant off.

October 24th, 2011, 6:39 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

After watching yesterdays game, I agree. We aren't going anywhere with that O-line.

What I don't get is: Last year, GBay's O-line was in total meltdown after we beat them. How in the world did they put it back together and go on to win the Super Bowl?

Atlanta's O-line has been awful this year. But, they put it back together just in time for Detroit.

How can these other teams fix their woeful O-lines, inside a season, and the Lions can't build an O-line in a decade?

Rant off.

Their line got healthy. As bad as their injuries were at the SB their O-Line woes were even worse durring the middle of their season. At one point they had 3 rookie/1st year type players at once, for a couple of game stretch if I remember correctly.

October 24th, 2011, 7:12 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Rant off.

I dont know man, I just dont know. I do know one thing though, during the 2010 offseason, they revamped the D-line and it made a big upgrade to the defense. God I hope they have a plan for the O-line this offseason or else that is whats gonna hold this team back from anything "post".

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 25th, 2011, 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]