View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Falcons 
RIP Killer

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Falcons
WarEr4Christ wrote:
m2k, see my response to Mr. Whitlock in KK, I sent him an email this morning, but I doubt he'll do anything. That's why I keep suggesting that someone with MEDIA authority take it up. I know that there are people with contacts with Freep. Heck, where's the Lions beat writer and why isn't he blowing Whitlock and the Atlanta Falcons players out of the water with a intelligent, truthfuth, retort.

I actually did see that response you wrote to him...it was AWESOME!! I despise Whitlock, and so do many other sports writers, including Terry Foster. The guy is a complete tool, who has a few select players he likes, and they can do no wrong. He also likes to play the race card when there is no call for it. Complete douchebag.

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Look, we don't know what was actually said. Maybe Suh did say something about getting a cart. Maybe he said something worse. There could be some credence to what the Falcons players said. But, there definitely wasn't anyone kicking at Ryan. That is indisputable.

Also, the Falcons have been called out by the media. The ESPN NFL crew (Carter, Keyshawn, Ditka, Jackson) basically all said that a lot gets said on the field, and if the Falcons don't like it, they should do something about it on the field. They all said it's ridiculous for them to say things in the media about it. So, they are getting called out. I don't think you'll see anyone writing a rebuttal article because it's all he-said she-said, and the only people who know for sure what was or wasn't said are the guys on the field.

Where's the harm in saying get the cart? I guess it depends on the context with which it was said, but so what? The reason why I think all of it is a fabrication is because of the fact that it is obvious nobody was kicking at him, and neither Suh nor Avril was even close to Matt Ryan. Every indication is that these two d-bags just flat out lied through their teeth.

Yes, I heard what the ESPN crew said. They did not, however, dispute the claims that the Falcons players made. The only thing they were talking about was, if it happened it should not be brought up in the media. That's a far cry from analyzing what they claimed happened, watching the video, and then calling them out for being blatant, bare-faced lying bastards in the national media. That's what SHOULD have been done.

October 26th, 2011, 1:05 pm
QB Coach

m2karateman wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Look, we don't know what was actually said. Maybe Suh did say something about getting a cart. Maybe he said something worse. There could be some credence to what the Falcons players said. But, there definitely wasn't anyone kicking at Ryan. That is indisputable.

Also, the Falcons have been called out by the media. The ESPN NFL crew (Carter, Keyshawn, Ditka, Jackson) basically all said that a lot gets said on the field, and if the Falcons don't like it, they should do something about it on the field. They all said it's ridiculous for them to say things in the media about it. So, they are getting called out. I don't think you'll see anyone writing a rebuttal article because it's all he-said she-said, and the only people who know for sure what was or wasn't said are the guys on the field.

Where's the harm in saying get the cart? I guess it depends on the context with which it was said, but so what? The reason why I think all of it is a fabrication is because of the fact that it is obvious nobody was kicking at him, and neither Suh nor Avril was even close to Matt Ryan. Every indication is that these two d-bags just flat out lied through their teeth.

Yes, I heard what the ESPN crew said. They did not, however, dispute the claims that the Falcons players made. The only thing they were talking about was, if it happened it should not be brought up in the media. That's a far cry from analyzing what they claimed happened, watching the video, and then calling them out for being blatant, bare-faced lying bastards in the national media. That's what SHOULD have been done.

There's nothing wrong with saying get the cart. I wasn't trying to say there is. The one area I will disagree with you is regarding where Suh and Avril were. You're right that they weren't right next to him when the play occurred. But immediately after, when Ryan is on the ground and the trainers haven't gotten there yet, Both Suh and Avril are probably about 10 ft. from Ryan. That's certainly close enough to say something. Also, on the video you can see about 3 of the Falcons all turn and look in the direction of Suh & Avril at the same time. That definitely gives the appearance that something caught their attention. And since neither guy was moving toward them, it most likely was something being said.

So, based on that, I'm of the opinion that something probably was said, but so what. Lots of things are said on the field, and if it was truly that bad, someone would have reacted more than just looking for a second and then looking away. So, I agree that the Falcons players did make things up about the kicking, and likely about what was said. But I do think something was said, and it probably isn't appropriate for civilized conversation :wink:

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 26th, 2011, 1:33 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't care if they said anything to Matt Ryan but according to the tape, It looks like Roddy White and McClure are lying. And if they are telling the truth they are wusses for not doing anything about it and bitching about it in the media. But this comes as no surprise coming from a team as soft as ATL. That was a microcosm of how soft they really are. So is trading your whole draft away for a WR when the reason they cant win in the playoffs i because they gave up 50 points at home. f*** them. They won the game so why not shut up and enjoy your bye? You never hear PIT, NE, GB, BAL crying in the media because someone said naughty words to the QB.

The point is it doesn't matter what/if anything was said to Matt Ryan(Who said he didn't hear anything). White and McClure did'nt handle it like MEN and I'm glad their little story backfired on them.

PS, evertime Roddy White speaks he sounds like a 4th grader

October 26th, 2011, 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8