View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2014, 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Falcons 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Falcons
If what the Falcon players are telling the truth about the trash talk, they are B****es for not doing anything about it.

October 25th, 2011, 12:17 am
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
Quote:
You wanna give him a jolt?

Well why not apply that to every other unit on the team that's unperformed? Why don't we bench the entire offensive line? Lets fire the ST coach and cut all the ST-only players.

Stafford is still statistically the 6th best QB in the league, and I think top 10 overall for sure.

Only bench Stafford if he's hurt. If he isn't, that just shows you have zero confidence in your QB. That's not gonna do you any good. He didn't lose the game single handedly. He didn't pull a Romo and throw three picks. He had two arguably sub par performances and you bench him on that?

If he's physically able to go, let him play and try to work back into form against a bad team.

have to agree with this. learn to cover a damn kick and punt and we re 7-0. dont make penalties in clutch situations and we re 7-0. learn how to communicate on blitz pickup and improve the special teams - those are the adjustments we need to make. i could see sitting stafford if he s hurt but otherwise it doesnt make any sense. dropped passes are a big problem, stafford s throw to pettigrew should have been caught, the other one on the sideline to burleson should have been caught, a slant to calvin johnson was perfect and should have been caught. i agree stafford isnt playing his best - he keeps missing these passes to burleson on the line of scirmmage and he has a touch of joey harrington's happy feet coming on but benching a 23 yr old top 10 NFL QB is not the right answer esp with a winnable, potentially confidence building game coming up. stafford needs to play through his struggles.

Very well said. It seems like the little things thats keeping this team from being 7-0.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 25th, 2011, 12:35 am
1st Round Pick

m2karateman wrote:
Stafford needs a jolt. Also, he may be hurt. They have a bye after the Denver game. I think shutting him down next week, and then allowing him two weeks to recover rather than one makes sense. Many times a starting QB responds after getting the hook. They tend to refocus. It may or may not happen for Matt. But as of right now, he's not the same QB he was in the first month of the season....not even close.

If he is hurt, I'd consider giving him 2 weeks of rest even if he's not hurt so bad he has to stay off the field. Other than that, I'd definitely play him. Sure, he's not the same guy and something needs to change, but at this stage I'd say let him play through the problems and build confidence that way.

kdsberman wrote:
Very well said. It seems like the little things thats keeping this team from being 7-0.

It's also the little things that's keeping this team from being 3-4. Football is a game of little things. We're 5-2 and I think we deserve that record.

October 25th, 2011, 5:06 am
Junior Varsity

I.E. wrote:
Couple of thoughts:

1. Lion run game is bad, and it is surprising it hasn't been exposed before now ...

I'd say it's been exposed for some time. Folks have been posting about our lack of a running game since about week two.

October 25th, 2011, 9:52 am
RIP Killer

Blueskies wrote:
You wanna give him a jolt?

Well why not apply that to every other unit on the team that's unperformed? Why don't we bench the entire offensive line? Lets fire the ST coach and cut all the ST-only players.

Stafford is still statistically the 6th best QB in the league, and I think top 10 overall for sure.

Only bench Stafford if he's hurt. If he isn't, that just shows you have zero confidence in your QB. That's not gonna do you any good. He didn't lose the game single handedly. He didn't pull a Romo and throw three picks. He had two arguably sub par performances and you bench him on that?

If he's physically able to go, let him play and try to work back into form against a bad team.

You can't bench a unit. You can't bench a line.

Stafford IS hurt, and that's part of my point. We have Denver coming up, and we have a bye week after that. After the bye week, we have Chicago at Soldier Field.

What game is more important, Chicago or Denver?

Right now, they could allow him to heal fully. With his ankle and knee problems, he's obviously not 100%. You are putting him at greater risk for continued injury. Shaun Hill may not be Matt Stafford, but he's not George Plimpton either. The Lions can and have won with him behind center. You allow Matt to heal, hopefully get his head together and let him start against Chicago, fully healthy.

15/32 is not the workings of a top ten QB, picks or not. And that was against a defense that was ranked 28th in the NFL against the pass.

October 25th, 2011, 9:55 am
QB Coach

Denver would be the team to allow S. Hill to get up to speed, and the O Line to adjust to a new rhythm and cadence with. Chicago would quite probably chew us up with Hill in there, because Stafford is hurt. Denver is struggling, and even the NFL Sunday crew was in sharp disagreement about Tebow. So I think putting Hill in would be a great choice, if Staffords issues are such that he needs the time.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 25th, 2011, 10:11 am
1st Round Pick

m2karateman wrote:

I think the Denver game is a must win. With the games we have in the second half of the season (including GB twice, the Saints and the Chargers), I think we'll do well to go 4-4. We have to hit the bye week 6-2 to have a shot at the playoffs, I reckon.

October 25th, 2011, 10:24 am
RIP Killer

UK Lion wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I think the Denver game is a must win. With the games we have in the second half of the season (including GB twice, the Saints and the Chargers), I think we'll do well to go 4-4. We have to hit the bye week 6-2 to have a shot at the playoffs, I reckon.

NO GAME is more important than one with a division rival. Denver is not a must win more than the Chicago game.

October 25th, 2011, 11:33 am
1st Round Pick

Sure, I wasn't saying the Denver game is more important. Just saying that it's not the minor game it seems to be being treated as just because Denver look pretty bad at the minute.

October 25th, 2011, 11:54 am
RIP Killer

UK Lion wrote:
Sure, I wasn't saying the Denver game is more important. Just saying that it's not the minor game it seems to be being treated as just because Denver look pretty bad at the minute.

I'm not saying the Lions should overlook Denver and consider this an easy win for them. I am saying that Stafford is hurt, he's obviously got some other issues going on, and he hasn't been the same QB the past two games. We have a bye week coming and a divisional away game after that. It's better to get him healthy and rested for that game, than to put him in against Denver when he's not 100% healthy. He's at a much greater risk of being injured more by playing slightly injured than if he's fully healthy. Right now Schwartz could sit Matt and say it's a medical decision, and not tell him it's more because of his indecisiveness at QB the last two games, or the missed open receivers, or whatever. I'd say that the Lions with a healthy Shaun Hill is just as effective, if not more so, as a Detroit Lions with a not so healthy Matt Stafford.

October 25th, 2011, 12:04 pm
Team MVP

The way were playing, especially our offense, I wouldnt overlook any team.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 25th, 2011, 12:53 pm
QB Coach

Ok, I just watched the coaches film of the play where Ryan gets hurt. Niether Suh nor Avril nor anyone else makes a kicking motion. The only thing that happens is Avril is all fired up and does yell something, and kind of shakes his whole body as he yells. So maybe he did yell something bad. But given Avril's reputation and how staunchly he defended himself, I'd be pretty surprised if that were true.

So there you go. Not taunting that I can see.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 26th, 2011, 8:49 am
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Ok, I just watched the coaches film of the play where Ryan gets hurt. Niether Suh nor Avril nor anyone else makes a kicking motion. The only thing that happens is Avril is all fired up and does yell something, and kind of shakes his whole body as he yells. So maybe he did yell something bad. But given Avril's reputation and how staunchly he defended himself, I'd be pretty surprised if that were true.

So there you go. Not taunting that I can see.

I think Avril was upset because the guy who was blocking him kept hitting until beyond the whistle.

Neither Avril nor Suh were anywhere near Ryan. The only player who was, Lawrence Jackson, got up and signaled to the Falcons sidelines that Ryan was hurt.

Roddy White and Todd McClure are liars, and the video clips prove it. They should be forced to issue a public apology by the league, and admit their guilt. Even Falcons fans are questioning them at this point.

October 26th, 2011, 10:18 am
QB Coach

m2k, see my response to Mr. Whitlock in KK, I sent him an email this morning, but I doubt he'll do anything. That's why I keep suggesting that someone with MEDIA authority take it up. I know that there are people with contacts with Freep. Heck, where's the Lions beat writer and why isn't he blowing Whitlock and the Atlanta Falcons players out of the water with a intelligent, truthfuth, retort.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 26th, 2011, 11:29 am
QB Coach

WarEr4Christ wrote:
m2k, see my response to Mr. Whitlock in KK, I sent him an email this morning, but I doubt he'll do anything. That's why I keep suggesting that someone with MEDIA authority take it up. I know that there are people with contacts with Freep. Heck, where's the Lions beat writer and why isn't he blowing Whitlock and the Atlanta Falcons players out of the water with a intelligent, truthfuth, retort.

Look, we don't know what was actually said. Maybe Suh did say something about getting a cart. Maybe he said something worse. There could be some credence to what the Falcons players said. But, there definitely wasn't anyone kicking at Ryan. That is indisputable.

Also, the Falcons have been called out by the media. The ESPN NFL crew (Carter, Keyshawn, Ditka, Jackson) basically all said that a lot gets said on the field, and if the Falcons don't like it, they should do something about it on the field. They all said it's ridiculous for them to say things in the media about it. So, they are getting called out. I don't think you'll see anyone writing a rebuttal article because it's all he-said she-said, and the only people who know for sure what was or wasn't said are the guys on the field.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 26th, 2011, 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next