View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 8:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Lions start to struggle this is the reason 
Stadium Announcer

Post Lions start to struggle this is the reason
They should win at Denver, then after the bye week, we could easily lose 6 out of the 7 games remaining. These are the glaring reasons

1. The offensive line cannot protect Stafford, we all know Backus and Gosden were the 2 players that needed to play good for Stafford to be comfortable in the pocket. It has not happened stafford does not have time to throw the ball causing over throws and thrown for losses.

2. No running game, teams will just bring the rush since they do not have to worry about the Lions running the ball.

3. Special Teams is awful they give up to many yards in the punt and kickoff returns.

4. Taking 2 many dumb penalties.

October 23rd, 2011, 5:21 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions start to struggle this is the reason
It's amazing how perennially bad the STs are with this team, when they sign so many ST only players (Davis, wendling, Stovall, Logan, eukejeba, etc)

October 23rd, 2011, 5:46 pm
Heisman Winner

I stated before the game that this game was on Stafford and he didn't bring it. You can blame the line yada yada yada but Matt is playing skittish. It's been going on for the last two weeks. He's feeling pressure that isn't there. He's not hanging in the pocket in order to step into throws or allow enough time for plays to develope. He looks like he's afraid to get hit.

There's plenty of blame though.

You forgot:

1. An absurd amount of missed tackles
2. Dropped balls
3. Terrible offensive play calling. We kept trying to force the run when A. We can't do it and B. ATL is like 27th against the pass and we had about 20 attempts going into the 4th quarter. Really?

We totally played into their hands and deserved to lose.

October 23rd, 2011, 5:49 pm
RIP Killer

How about Matt's accuracy? Why was that ball to Nate notes last drive so high? Why so far in front of pett on the last 4th down? His wr and rb screen throws are like a 10 year olds...how many did he throw in the dirt or over the head of when the rb or wr was less than 10 yards away? 5? No excuse. Matt looks awful. If I'm paying him $10M a year, he better play like one...and he's playing like he should make less than what Shaun hill is making

And why on earth didn't stafford snap and spike the ball on that 1st down PI that was called back and ended up being waived off giving us 4th down?

October 23rd, 2011, 6:00 pm
Junior Varsity

conversion02 wrote:
And why on earth didn't stafford snap and spike the ball on that 1st down PI that was called back and ended up being waived off giving us 4th down?

Agree with everything you said, especially this. I was literally screaming at the TV for him to snap the ball as he just loafed around like he did at the end of the game last week. No sense of urgency from him whatsoever. When I first brought up his poor performance I got beat up a bit over it, but two weeks in a row he's played average to below average at best.

I'm no expert, but just his facial expressions and body language alone today (nevermind his terrible play) implied he would have rather been somewhere else.

October 23rd, 2011, 7:12 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

They couldn't snap it because the ref was standing directly over the ball.

October 23rd, 2011, 7:13 pm
Heisman Winner

Man this offensive line talk is garbage. I've said it every week, there are times the line plays bad but no line in the NFL is perfect.

No TE/RB to protect Stafford. There is not 1 team in the NFL that can stop a pass rush with just the offensive lineman all game long. There is also not 1 team in the NFL that is running out of the shotgun and having consistent success. We need to start changing something up because the offensive play calling is horrible and not working.

Also when Stafford does get time he just scrambles around. How many times the last 2-3 weeks has he rolled out unnecessarily? It's kinda funny how our play calling can be so creative and an awesome gameplan in PRESEASON!!! but in the regular season all the calls are flat and flat out horrible. We are playing to get manageable 3rd downs it looks like. We should be playing not to have 3rd downs at all....

October 23rd, 2011, 7:23 pm
RIP Killer

They covered, what, 2 of 14 3rd downs?

You just can't win like that. Same thing last week. When they were winning, they were well into the 30-40% range

October 23rd, 2011, 7:29 pm
Heisman Winner

conversion02 wrote:
They covered, what, 2 of 14 3rd downs?

You just can't win like that. Same thing last week. When they were winning, they were well into the 30-40% range

What were the 3rd down attempts at? I'd be willing to bet it was less than 14. I just don't get why we never throw past the line of scrimmage even really. It's all swing passes and stupid short routes. I get excited when we hit the tight end for a 5 yard gain. It'd be okay if our quarterback was like Kyle Boller throwing to Will Heller but not with who we have.

October 23rd, 2011, 7:30 pm
Heisman Winner

Just looked a couple were at 11 and once we were at 17 but it was just a different feel of the game. We controlled the game vs TB/KC/CHI, other than those 3 we have been pretty bad.

October 23rd, 2011, 7:38 pm
RIP Killer

Looked it up, 1/12 on third downs

Absolutely pathetic

October 23rd, 2011, 7:39 pm
Heisman Winner

conversion02 wrote:
Looked it up, 1/12 on third downs

Absolutely pathetic

We've been bad all year on 3rd downs though. Against TB we only converted once. It's a weird sight that our defense will have to carry us. It should not be that way with everyone we have on offense.

October 23rd, 2011, 7:41 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Plus ATL might just be a better team than us right now.

October 23rd, 2011, 7:46 pm
Heisman Winner

Killwill25 wrote:

Nope. We stuffed the run 90% of the time and Matt ryan did nothing but miss targets all game long.

Shouldn't have been close.

October 23rd, 2011, 7:51 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

hamma77 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

Nope. We stuffed the run 90% of the time and Matt ryan did nothing but miss targets all game long.

Shouldn't have been close.

Atleast they have a running game to stuff, 27 carries for 122 yards is pretty substantial and Ryan is still more accurate than our QB. Gonzolas also played like the best TE in NFL history, which he is. ATL has also been making plays when it counts for about 3 years and we are still learning how to win as a young team. Plus their STs are better.

October 23rd, 2011, 8:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next