View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 8:15 am



Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos 

Who will win?
Detroit Lions 83%  83%  [ 24 ]
Denver Broncos 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Too close to call 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 29

 Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos 
Author Message
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
While the Lions have played poorly the past two weeks, Tebow Sucks!!! :lol:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. With that said:
LIONS 24 BRONCOS 13

_________________
Image


October 26th, 2011, 11:03 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
The Lions are going to have to account for Von Miller, who has six sacks for Denver in as many games. Linehan better start keeping someone in to protect Stafford.

The Lions should win this game, and that's how I called it. But this certainly won't be the same as the KC game earlier this year. The Lions have some issues to get cleared up.

Detroit 27
Denver 10

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


October 26th, 2011, 11:05 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12141
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
Lions 45
Broncos 3

Go Lions!!!
headbang.gif

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


October 26th, 2011, 11:38 am
Profile
Walk On
User avatar

Joined: April 29th, 2010, 1:17 pm
Posts: 391
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
Lions should have Tulloch spy Tebow. If they do that similar to the way they played Freeman and force him to pass, their offense will be anemic. We should have an opportunity for a few strip sacks with that windup, too.

Lions- 31
Broncos- 6

_________________
Image
2011 AAL: Jahvid Best
Rushing: 390 Yards : 4.6 YPC : 2 TD : 65 YPG
Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions


October 26th, 2011, 12:48 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
50-3 Lions.

We match up well against this team.

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


October 26th, 2011, 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2231
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
I think this will be like the St. Louis game last year.

44 - 13

Tebow gets baptised

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


October 26th, 2011, 1:24 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9494
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
44-7, Ndamukong Suh will match Shaun Rogers with a 66-yard INT return for a TD after which he will taunt Tebow while Avril kicks him in the head.

The beat the Broncos by the same score as the last time they started 6-2 with a 44-7 over Denver in 2007.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


October 26th, 2011, 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner
User avatar

Joined: March 28th, 2005, 7:50 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Burbs of De-town
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
My biggest concerns about this game are the weather and just playing in Denver generally speaking. It's not an easy place to go and expect to win. Having said that, Denver really doesn't do anything well. That might fly against the marginal teams in the league but we are better than that.

If they manage to clear the field of snow and make it a decent track, I'd say we can take this game handily 24-13. If it's a mess, look for a tough field position game that we take 17-10.

I might add that it could be a good idea to just start Shaun Hill and not risk Stafford on a wet track here. This will give him 2 weeks of physical and mental rest. I think he needs it.


Last edited by yostevo on October 26th, 2011, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.



October 26th, 2011, 1:53 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: October 30th, 2004, 12:30 pm
Posts: 2205
Location: Austin, TX
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
I picked the Lions to win this one, and it was nice to hear that McGahee will be sitting this one out for the Broncos.

_________________
Image

NEVER GIVE UP!


October 26th, 2011, 2:35 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12141
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
Stole this from another forum



LOLz

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


October 26th, 2011, 4:49 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
Lions win but if Hill starts this game will be very close.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


October 26th, 2011, 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7443
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
Lions win big. We will not lose to Tebow this year.


October 27th, 2011, 10:02 am
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 12th, 2011, 9:00 am
Posts: 289
Location: Vermont
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
In these circumstances, I always look at the "who wants to win" and "who can't afford to lose".

In this case, the Lions fit both.

But I also fear a "whew, at least we play the Broncos so we can break this losing streak" mentality.

This is the mile high stadium, and the atmosphere may be different now that Tebow is starting. And if the coaches actually let him throw, and he makes 1-2 good passes early... it could be trouble. It's not that Tebow is good (I think he's horrid), it's that he doesn't know he sucks, and his adrenalin might actually help him perform at a higher level than he should.

I picked the Lions on my sheet at work, but I'm not 100% sold. 75% though... maybe less.

_________________
Pablo wrote:
the app worked OK, but it is hard to draft while driving.


October 27th, 2011, 10:47 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9891
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
49ers wrote:
In these circumstances, I always look at the "who wants to win" and "who can't afford to lose".

In this case, the Lions fit both.

But I also fear a "whew, at least we play the Broncos so we can break this losing streak" mentality.

This is the mile high stadium, and the atmosphere may be different now that Tebow is starting. And if the coaches actually let him throw, and he makes 1-2 good passes early... it could be trouble. It's not that Tebow is good (I think he's horrid), it's that he doesn't know he sucks, and his adrenalin might actually help him perform at a higher level than he should.

I picked the Lions on my sheet at work, but I'm not 100% sold. 75% though... maybe less.



I agree. Even though I picked the Lions by 17, that's not a foregone conclusion. Weather could play a major factor. With poor weather comes the need for a ground game. That puts the Broncos in a better position.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


October 27th, 2011, 11:05 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3824
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
m2karateman wrote:
49ers wrote:
In these circumstances, I always look at the "who wants to win" and "who can't afford to lose".

In this case, the Lions fit both.

But I also fear a "whew, at least we play the Broncos so we can break this losing streak" mentality.

This is the mile high stadium, and the atmosphere may be different now that Tebow is starting. And if the coaches actually let him throw, and he makes 1-2 good passes early... it could be trouble. It's not that Tebow is good (I think he's horrid), it's that he doesn't know he sucks, and his adrenalin might actually help him perform at a higher level than he should.

I picked the Lions on my sheet at work, but I'm not 100% sold. 75% though... maybe less.



I agree. Even though I picked the Lions by 17, that's not a foregone conclusion. Weather could play a major factor. With poor weather comes the need for a ground game. That puts the Broncos in a better position.



Tom Brady would disagree..... Poor weather actually favors the passing game. crappy footing not only means players cant make cuts (Rb's db's lb's) it alsom means that D-linman have a harder time getting a push too. Brady calls snow games a "Quarterbacks paradise".

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


October 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.