View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos 

Who will win?
Detroit Lions 83%  83%  [ 24 ]
Denver Broncos 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Too close to call 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 29

Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Predictions: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos
regularjoe12 wrote:
Tom Brady would disagree..... Poor weather actually favors the passing game. crappy footing not only means players cant make cuts (Rb's db's lb's) it alsom means that D-linman have a harder time getting a push too. Brady calls snow games a "Quarterbacks paradise".

Really? How often do you see a game in the snow where the score is 34-31, or something like that? Usually, in the snow and cold you see lower scores.

So much for Brady's opinon of paradise.....

October 27th, 2011, 1:39 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

find a QB with a higher winning percentage. Belichick had a special on NFL.com and that was a big convo in Pt 2 of it. it does make sense. Surely you agree that when the footing is slick the offense has an advantage...as they know where they are going and the defense has to react to it. add in that is is true that d linman have a tougher time getting a push and I cant see why a QB wuouldn't like bad weather games.

WR's on the other hand.....prolly not so much :wink:

October 27th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I remember Brady's Patriots beating the Titans 59-0 in the snow. But i do agree that teams with great QB play have a big advantage in the snow

October 27th, 2011, 1:50 pm
Varsity Captain

I am hoping the lions can get back on track, but it will be tough in mile high. Tim Tebow has more heart and toughness than stafford and looks to have the same kind of success most young players have vs. us. So many players have career days against us like brady quin had a couple years ago. i think shaun hill starting might help stafford see the reads he has been missing down field and underneath. but it sounds like stafford is going to start. he has been way too flat footed and throwing off his back foot has been killing his accuracy. we need to stop moreno to have success sunday.
31-27 lions

October 27th, 2011, 2:24 pm
RIP Killer

Moreno has barely been playing and has been hurt most of the season. Even when he came back he was behind Mcgahee who was ripping it out. Luckily Mcgahee is out and we have Moreno starting

October 27th, 2011, 3:11 pm
Veteran General Manager

conversion02 wrote:
Moreno has barely been playing and has been hurt most of the season. Even when he came back he was behind Mcgahee who was ripping it out. Luckily Mcgahee is out and we have Moreno starting

I think Stafford will want to outplay his former teammate and beat him.

October 27th, 2011, 3:55 pm
Modmin Dude

Clayton wrote:
5. Trying to figure out Tebow: The Dolphins offered the framework for containing Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow. They used a Cover 2 with man under that featured Jason Taylor spying the Broncos quarterback. Until the final five minutes of the game, Tebow was averaging only one completion a quarter. The Lions may be more of a man-to-man team, but they will try their best to frustrate Tebow. Of course, Broncos coach John Fox may have a trick up his sleeve for the Lions' defense. The idea is to run up the middle, aiming backs at defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, who is disruptive but also vulnerable to the run. The Lions are giving up 129 yards a game and 5 yards a carry on the ground. The most noticeable problem is in the middle of the field. Opponents are averaging 4.4 yards a carry going up the gut against the Lions. The 65 running attempts in the middle of the defense is third most in the league. The good news for the Lions is Knowshon Moreno, who is slow to the hole, starts for injured Willis McGahee, who underwent hand surgery Tuesday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/1st ... hn-clayton

October 28th, 2011, 10:41 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Since Tebow is supposed to walk on water, how can he ever get his feet wet? Lions win

October 28th, 2011, 11:58 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
regularjoe12 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
49ers wrote:
In these circumstances, I always look at the "who wants to win" and "who can't afford to lose".

In this case, the Lions fit both.

But I also fear a "whew, at least we play the Broncos so we can break this losing streak" mentality.

This is the mile high stadium, and the atmosphere may be different now that Tebow is starting. And if the coaches actually let him throw, and he makes 1-2 good passes early... it could be trouble. It's not that Tebow is good (I think he's horrid), it's that he doesn't know he sucks, and his adrenalin might actually help him perform at a higher level than he should.

I picked the Lions on my sheet at work, but I'm not 100% sold. 75% though... maybe less.

I agree. Even though I picked the Lions by 17, that's not a foregone conclusion. Weather could play a major factor. With poor weather comes the need for a ground game. That puts the Broncos in a better position.

Tom Brady would disagree..... Poor weather actually favors the passing game. crappy footing not only means players cant make cuts (Rb's db's lb's) it alsom means that D-linman have a harder time getting a push too. Brady calls snow games a "Quarterbacks paradise".

I agree with Joe.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 28th, 2011, 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

hmmm..

Lions 24 Broncos 17

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 28th, 2011, 3:50 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

we got this!
leo's 33
timbo's 13

October 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
League MVP

The Broncos are not very good but they play hard and will not just roll over.

Special Teams: Quan Cosby is a mediocre returner but our punt coverage obviously has its own weaknesses. Donahue has a strong leg but has been inconsistent and it looks like we will probably have a punt or two blocked this year which has not helped matters. Pinning Tim Tebow deep could change the game bc he s terrible. This could be a game where the Lions let Donahue just boom the punts, not be overly concerned about outkicking the coverage and challenging Cosby to make a return. On the flip side Dustin Colquit is probably one of the top 2-3 punters in the league and has amazing leg strength. Logan probably wont have much of a shot to make returns but he needs to be smart about where on the field he calls for a fair catch. Their kicker Prater has some deep range but is inaccurate.

In short, ST shouldnt hurt us this game.

Defensively: Tebow has a strong arm but its nullified by telegraphing where he is going with the ball and a long delivery. I usually scoff at scouting reports that say things like that but it is a real issue for Tebow who really has to wind up to throw. Tebow is incredibly inaccurate when he doesnt have time to throw and there will be throws that miss horribly. Our secondary has been very opportunistic with errant throws this year and 2 or more interceptions isnt out of the question. Tebow had some success last week when the Dolphins sat in a prevent and gave him time to throw at the end of the game, the Lions will try to pressure with just the front 4 but need to keep Tebow off balance by threatening blitz with safeties and backers even if they arent coming bc its clear that Tebow doesnt really know what he s doing yet. Their OL is young and also can get mixed up in protection schemes. Tebow in general needs a little more time than most QBs bc he s slow to break down the plays and takes a while to throw. 5 sacks should be a goal. Denver will try to get early success with low risk plays - Tebow on QB draws, designed QB power runs, throwback passes to TE Daniel Fells and H Back Spencer Larsen and obivously screens. They will also try to run it with Knowshon Moreno. Denver has a decent run blocking line and LBs Levy and Carpenter routinely get blocked without much of a fight but the good news is that Moreno isnt as hard to bring down as Peterson, Gore, and Turner so look for the secondary to make tackles they ve missed in recent weeks. Also Moreno isnt particularly good bw the tackles so I dont expect that we will get trapped and whammed as effectively as past weeks. We catch a little break w McGahee injured. The wide receivers have potential but arent polished and none are true game breakers. The biggest thing to worry about is Tebow on broken plays but if the DBs dont pull off coverage until Tebow crosses the LOS we will be fine. Denver will try to hide Tebow s weaknesses by running a lot so 8 men in the box and challenging Tebow to pass will be key.

Offensively: The Denver line is decent especially at the ends with Derrick Harvey, Robery Ayers and Elvis Dumerville who is coming on after a slow start but still little production. Their OLBs Williams and Von Miller are excellent players. The weakness of this defense is up the middle but unfortunately we probably wont be able to expose that bc we lack the road graders on the OL or a true threat up the middle. Keiland Williams should get some carries to attack there but its hard to predict if our line wins that battle. The secondary is finally heatlthy with Champ Bailey and Andre Goodman giving solid performances and Rahim Moore and Dawkins a decent saftey tandem. Pettigrew over the middle could be ineffective this week bc Dawkins will be looking to tear his head off and Pettigrew has had a heckuva time holding onto the football. they will roll Moore over the top to whatever side Calvin is on and try to cover him primarily with Champ Bailey who is also a sure tackler. It wont be easy to get Calvin the ball esp without the threat of a run game the slants wont be there and dont look for the Lions to make the risky jump ball type throws early bc a clean game wo turnovers should be enough to beat Denver. Burleson needs to step it up and should be able to beat Goodman at least a couple times. If Stafford and Titus Young have worked out their issues that should be a major matchup advantage for us but I think we will be Mariucci level conservative in this one ie Max protection rather than spread schemes bc Denver will blitz Dawkins, corners, Miller and Williams at times and out OL gets lost in the shuffle and Stafford is dinged up. The key to the offense really will be Stafford identifying what Denver is doing at the line of scrimmage and making the right audibles and getting the ball accurately to Burleson and Young. I will say Stafford has been very good at this but lets just hope Linehan doesnt limit Stafford s free reign too much.

Lions 17
Broncos 9

October 29th, 2011, 11:05 am
Heisman Winner

The only thing I'm really worried about is Tebow. He has missed a wide open guy a few times in both games he's played. It's not going to shock me if he starts hitting the guy. He is gonna be a problem but hopefully we can contain him. It's going to be an interesting game. I know we won't win if we play offense like we have pretty much all season. There hasn't been any real flow or rhythm all year. Even when we have done good it's just big plays.

17-13 Lions

October 29th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

no one hasmentioned the possibilty that Stafford goes in and tears it up to rebound before the bye. i think all the Tebow talk is great for Stafford in terms of taking some of the pressure off. Titus Young is also due for a breakout game. we all go into the game talking about Tebow but when its done, Stafford will be the one we talk about. The better team wins

October 30th, 2011, 1:47 am
Team MVP

...and I gotta miss the second half! :x Who ever came up with the idea of working on NFL Sundays!!!!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 30th, 2011, 7:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2