View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Chris Harris 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Chris Harris
How do you feel about signing the former bear?

October 28th, 2011, 4:35 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Re: Chris Harris
pretty much perfect timing for it bw erik coleman on IR and amari spievey playing like garbage recently as well as playing bears after the upcoming bye week

October 28th, 2011, 4:37 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

FM 97.1 is reporting that they claimed him off waivers, but I can't find an article on the internet yet. He was an alternate for the Pro Bowl last year, so it might end up being a good pick-up.

October 28th, 2011, 4:40 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

Yup, we claimed him. Confirmed by Dave Birkett. Harris is excited about changing NFC North allegiances. He said he loves the chicago fans, but glad he doesn't have to cover CJ anymore.

October 28th, 2011, 4:43 pm

The Legend wrote:
pretty much perfect timing for it bw erik coleman on IR and amari spievey playing like garbage recently as well as playing bears after the upcoming bye week

whats Amari done wrong? I think he's been solid

October 28th, 2011, 4:51 pm

Detroit Free Press wrote:
Lions claim Chris Harris from Bears
4:38 PM, Oct. 28, 2011 | BY DAVE BIRKETT

The Detroit Lions claimed former Chicago Bears safety Chris Harris off waivers today, his agent Albert Elias said on Twitter.

Harris started all three games he played this year, but his production waned after a five-interception season last year and he wasn't a contributor on Chicago's special teams, necessitating the move.

"Chris Harris helped us win a lot of football games, but it is a business and for us it's about production,'' Bears coach Lovi Smith told the Chicago Tribune on Thursday. "We felt like we had some other options that we felt pretty good about."

Louis Delmas and Amari Spievey remain the starting safeties in Detroit, but the Lions placed veteran backup Erik Coleman on injured reserve with a fractured ankle earlier this month.

The Lions (5-2) travel to Denver this week, then visit the Bears in a key NFC North game after their bye.

By claiming Harris on waivers, the Lions assume the remaining $644,000 on his contract this year.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111028/SPORTS01/111028062/Lions-claim-safety-Chris-Harris-from-Bears

October 28th, 2011, 4:54 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Amari's pursuit angles have been very poor this year, this is especially true on some of the big runs. His tackling has been iffy at times as well, although generally he comes up in run support and tackles pretty well for a DB.

October 28th, 2011, 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Pablo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Amari's pursuit angles have been very poor this year, this is especially true on some of the big runs. His tackling has been iffy at times as well, although generally he comes up in run support and tackles pretty well for a DB.

They have been poor but you've got to remember this is his 2nd year at safety, and he's steadily improved. Right now I would say he's playing better than Delmas

October 28th, 2011, 6:22 pm

Just wanted to add that the Lions placed safety Vincent Fuller on IR to make room on the roster for Harris.

October 28th, 2011, 7:44 pm
Team MVP

Pablo wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Ya, and I remember watching Frank Gore (i believe) break off for one of his long runs and seeing #42 basically swat him on the butt as he ran by. I about puke every time I see that replay.

Feel good about the claim myself.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 28th, 2011, 9:42 pm

Quote:
The Legend wrote:

he started out strong but he s missed tackles on big runs in several games now. probably being stressed a little much by poor play from levy and carpenter. he also gets fooled on identifying pass/run and will come up on play action plays leaving a corner without safety protection. good news is that he has caught the one or two passes he s gotten his hands on which makes up for a lot but i think its appropriate to bring in some competition for him.

October 29th, 2011, 1:24 am

It's funny that he got killed vs us which contributed to his getting booted out of CHI. It makes me think that Schwartz knows alot about him, and knew alot about him before that CHI game. Probably a good fit if Schwartz wants him enough to sign him the day after he gets waived, after he exposed him. I love this move. Harris is a pretty good player and the Bears are prone to some questionable personel calls.

October 29th, 2011, 2:10 am

Leigh Bodden also released, now he could really help.

October 29th, 2011, 9:26 am
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
Leigh Bodden also released, now he could really help.

I think Bodden would be a good addition, but he wants to be a starter and I think he's due too much money. Besides, I would expect one of the other teams to put in a claim for him ahead of us.

October 29th, 2011, 1:21 pm

if he clears waivers than we dont assume his contract, is that right? if its an exorbitant contract he will probably clear waivers

October 29th, 2011, 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]