View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 What's the Lowdown on the 49ers? 
Red Shirt Freshman

Post What's the Lowdown on the 49ers?
So, what's the lowdown on the 49ers? I know absolutely nothing about that team. How do the Lions and 49ers match up? I was impressed that they spanked Tampa by our Kansas City score, 48-3. They must be doing something right.

October 11th, 2011, 2:14 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: What's the Lowdown on the 49ers?
The Bucs just didn't show up for that game, at all. But make no mistake, San Fran is a decent team.

They have a pretty good front seven on defense. Their offensive line is OK, but not tremendous. Their game plan is about controlling the clock, and not put Alex Smith in position to take sacks. Harbaugh is very smart, and I'm sure we'll see plenty of runs with play action passes.

Vernon Davis is the receiving weapon the Lions have to shutdown. They won't have their two of their top three receivers, since Braylon Edwards is hurting, and Josh Morgan went down in the TB game to a busted ankle. That leaves them with Michael Crabtree (not living up to his potential), Ted Ginn (never a receiving threat) and Kyle Williams (who?) as the only healthy options on the roster currently at WR. Delanie Walker is the backup TE, and he is a good receiver.

Kendall Hunter and Frank Gore are a good tandem in the backfield, and both catch the ball well.

Weakness for the defense is the secondary. Shawntae Spencer is playing well, but nobody in that secondary can cover CJ. Then again, who in the NFL can this year?

If the Lions play like they did against Chicago, it's a win. But the Lions better start cutting down on the penalties.

October 11th, 2011, 2:47 am
Player of the Year - Defense

They'll be the most physical team we play this year, but we might be the most physical defense Alex Smith has had to face too. It's going to be interesting, but like M2k said, if we play the way we did tonight, we should be ok. Turnovers killed TB early and the Eagles late.Think TB turned it over 3 times in the first quarter and just gave up. If a player gives up, Schwartz will pull em. Lojack went offsides late in the game and got yanked and he was dominating.

Gun should line up to stop the run and make sure we cover Davis. Everyone else will get single coverage.

October 11th, 2011, 2:53 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

They are certainly a good team but if our defense plays like they did against Chicago (less penalties) then I see it was a win.

October 11th, 2011, 11:55 am
Position Coach

From what I've seen, they are very good but not deep at all. I expect it to be a defensive game but we have too many weapons for them to contain for 60 minutes. I think that our shotgun heavy offense is a great matchup to score on thier D especially on the turf. it should be another busy day for our LBs since Gore is the only real offensive threat they have.

I just don't see Alex Smith coming into our house and beating us. Once again we are the better team. I expect a defensive field goal heavy game But I fully expect a win

October 11th, 2011, 1:42 pm
Heisman Winner

One thing you know, the niners aren't going to beat themselves. They play hard, fast, and most of all SMART under Harbaugh.

I expect a close game, but they don't really have any firepower on offense. Vernon Davis is a beast and Gore is too but the Lions can basically pin point those 2 and there isn't much else. Alex Smith is playing really good though this year, not doing anything stupid and just taking what he is given. When a QB plays smart and has a strong defense it's always a tough W.

October 11th, 2011, 3:04 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

hamma77 wrote:
One thing you know, the niners aren't going to beat themselves. They play hard, fast, and most of all SMART under Harbaugh.

I expect a close game, but they don't really have any firepower on offense. Vernon Davis is a beast and Gore is too but the Lions can basically pin point those 2 and there isn't much else. Alex Smith is playing really good though this year, not doing anything stupid and just taking what he is given. When a QB plays smart and has a strong defense it's always a tough W.

Alex Smith ~ Shaun Hill

October 11th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
hamma77 wrote:

Agree. It was pretty much like Hester and Knox on Bears. Stop them 2 and we will be fine.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 11th, 2011, 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

DJ-B wrote:
hamma77 wrote:

Alex Smith ~ Shaun Hill

He's been playing really well so far this year. The 49ers are for real. It would be a huge mistake to overlook this team.

I'm not saying anyone is overlooking them, and I don't think the team will. Just saying, they're 4-1. That's no joke.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

October 11th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Oh I Agree. And I think theyd be doing about the same with Shaun Hill. THose 2 QBs played about the same even with SF, they just let shaun go because AS was a #1 draft pick and they wanted to see what he had left.

We can do very well agaisnt a noodle armed "game manageR" type QB.

October 11th, 2011, 6:28 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
DJ-B wrote:
hamma77 wrote:

Alex Smith ~ Shaun Hill

He's been playing really well so far this year. The 49ers are for real. It would be a huge mistake to overlook this team.

I'm not saying anyone is overlooking them, and I don't think the team will. Just saying, they're 4-1. That's no joke.

The niners are no joke, but their division is!!! Lol

October 11th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

The 49ers will likely run a lot between the tackles. They'll look to challenge the LBs up the middle. If signing Tulloch hasn't already paid off, we might really see him be a factor this week.

October 12th, 2011, 12:06 am
Veteran General Manager

WE'RE GONNA KILL 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I think this is gonna be a lot closer than I ever expected it would be in the preseason.

October 12th, 2011, 12:40 am
Varsity Captain

You guys make me laugh. Just like everyone else, the 49ers still getting no credit for their wins. "The Bucs turned the ball over and gave up". Really? That's it? This is the NFL. You don't destroy teams if you aren't any good (KC Chiefs... week 1....), especially a 3-1 team.

The 49ers are better than everyone realizes. We're the only team in the league that hasn't allowed a rushing touchdown. We're the only team that hasn't allowed a rusher to gain more than 65 yards. The team that has kept the opposing runners to less than 3 yards per carry. We force turnovers and take advantage. We have close to the #1 defense, and about a #3 offense. Alex Smith is rated 3rd (Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady) in QB rating. Alex Smith has only thrown one red zone INT in his career, and 35 touchdowns (best ratio in the history of the NFL). He just needed an offensive coach, a former NFL QB, to help show him the way. He's never had an offensive head coach until this year.

The Eagles fans said the same thing you are saying. So did the Bucs. "I expect a win" and "they can't defend us", etc etc. No respect. None. Do you guys realize that if it wasn't for a 50-yard field goal, we too would be 5-0?

You guys already have respect. So what are you playing for this Sunday? The Lions had a short week and an emotional win over a divisional opponent that you wanted revenge against because of last years "touchdown that wasn't". You have tons of respect. Everyone is talking about you. Lions-this and Packers-that. It's all we hear. Pissing me off.

A 48-3 win, no respect. Hardly a mention of it on ESPN or the NBC show. So god damn mad, but just like the players, it's a controlled rage that will be used during the game. No respect. The only way to get it is by beating a team that's only decent plays on Monday were explosive players. Take away the CJ touchdown and the Best run, and the Lions scored 10 points. 2 long plays. The Bears defense are NOT as good as the 49ers defense. Wouldn't you say it's possible for the 49ers to stop those two players? We're faster on D. The Best TD would have never have happened, so hell, take away that one touchdown. 17 points.

Do you not think the 49ers can score 17? You're the 4th best scoring team. We're 6th.

What about defense? You're the 4th best points-against defense. We're 2nd.

2 close teams = 1 close game. Easy win?
======================================

Just so you know, Carlos Rodgers will be covering Megatron. Who? Former first-round pick. This year, he's 1 behind the leader in passes defensed. He leads the league in interceptions. He is tied for the lead in defensive TDs. Who?

But that doesn't matter. Our pass rush is also getting no respect, and they have just as much to do with it. Aldon Smith would be a rookie-of-the-year candidate if he played more. A BEAST of a player on passing downs. Justin Smith is having another Pro Bowl season. Ray McDonald is finally starting and will soon be a big name. Patrick Willis is a beast, but Navarro Bowman is just a step behind him... if you can believe that. Ahmad Brooks is a nasty pass rushing linebacker. Dante Whitner and Dashan Goldson are good safeties, the best tandem that we've had in the last 10 years.

You guys are talking about Shante Spencer.... lol. He's not even a starter anymore. 3rd down the list I believe. Chris Culliver is a FREAK at CB. Even TB is better.

That's the one weak spot in our secondary: Tarrell Brown. I don't trust him. He's good but also bad. If anything, that's the poison that will kill us.

As for our offense? Kendall Hunter & Frank Gore = the best 1-2 in the NFC. We have a new FB that is opening holes like a mad man. Delanie Walker is the MOST under-rated player in the league. Guy flat-out makes plays. Kyle Williams will finally get a chance to show his stuff. Crabtree has the talent, just hasn't been used much because of his injury. He had a bogus TD taken away once already... and this is the first game he will actually be a #1 WR. I hope he can bring it.

Physical offense, hard-hitting defense.

Sorry I exploded. :<

October 12th, 2011, 9:28 am
QB Coach

49ers wrote:
You guys make me laugh. Just like everyone else, the 49ers still getting no credit for their wins. "The Bucs turned the ball over and gave up". Really? That's it? This is the NFL. You don't destroy teams if you aren't any good (KC Chiefs... week 1....), especially a 3-1 team.

The 49ers are better than everyone realizes. We're the only team in the league that hasn't allowed a rushing touchdown. We're the only team that hasn't allowed a rusher to gain more than 65 yards. The team that has kept the opposing runners to less than 3 yards per carry. We force turnovers and take advantage. We have close to the #1 defense, and about a #3 offense. Alex Smith is rated 3rd (Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady) in QB rating. Alex Smith has only thrown one red zone INT in his career, and 35 touchdowns (best ratio in the history of the NFL). He just needed an offensive coach, a former NFL QB, to help show him the way. He's never had an offensive head coach until this year.

The Eagles fans said the same thing you are saying. So did the Bucs. "I expect a win" and "they can't defend us", etc etc. No respect. None. Do you guys realize that if it wasn't for a 50-yard field goal, we too would be 5-0?

You guys already have respect. So what are you playing for this Sunday? The Lions had a short week and an emotional win over a divisional opponent that you wanted revenge against because of last years "touchdown that wasn't". You have tons of respect. Everyone is talking about you. Lions-this and Packers-that. It's all we hear. Pissing me off.

A 48-3 win, no respect. Hardly a mention of it on ESPN or the NBC show. So god damn mad, but just like the players, it's a controlled rage that will be used during the game. No respect. The only way to get it is by beating a team that's only decent plays on Monday were explosive players. Take away the CJ touchdown and the Best run, and the Lions scored 10 points. 2 long plays. The Bears defense are NOT as good as the 49ers defense. Wouldn't you say it's possible for the 49ers to stop those two players? We're faster on D. The Best TD would have never have happened, so hell, take away that one touchdown. 17 points.

Do you not think the 49ers can score 17? You're the 4th best scoring team. We're 6th.

What about defense? You're the 4th best points-against defense. We're 2nd.

2 close teams = 1 close game. Easy win?
======================================

Just so you know, Carlos Rodgers will be covering Megatron. Who? Former first-round pick. This year, he's 1 behind the leader in passes defensed. He leads the league in interceptions. He is tied for the lead in defensive TDs. Who?

But that doesn't matter. Our pass rush is also getting no respect, and they have just as much to do with it. Aldon Smith would be a rookie-of-the-year candidate if he played more. A BEAST of a player on passing downs. Justin Smith is having another Pro Bowl season. Ray McDonald is finally starting and will soon be a big name. Patrick Willis is a beast, but Navarro Bowman is just a step behind him... if you can believe that. Ahmad Brooks is a nasty pass rushing linebacker. Dante Whitner and Dashan Goldson are good safeties, the best tandem that we've had in the last 10 years.

You guys are talking about Shante Spencer.... lol. He's not even a starter anymore. 3rd down the list I believe. Chris Culliver is a FREAK at CB. Even TB is better.

That's the one weak spot in our secondary: Tarrell Brown. I don't trust him. He's good but also bad. If anything, that's the poison that will kill us.

As for our offense? Kendall Hunter & Frank Gore = the best 1-2 in the NFC. We have a new FB that is opening holes like a mad man. Delanie Walker is the MOST under-rated player in the league. Guy flat-out makes plays. Kyle Williams will finally get a chance to show his stuff. Crabtree has the talent, just hasn't been used much because of his injury. He had a bogus TD taken away once already... and this is the first game he will actually be a #1 WR. I hope he can bring it.

Physical offense, hard-hitting defense.

Sorry I exploded. :<

Not sure where you're getting this whole no respect angle from. I see one quote saying "We're Gonna Kill Em!" Plus the one quote about the Bucs you referenced. But, here are some quotes from the other posts:

"One thing you know, the niners aren't going to beat themselves. They play hard, fast, and most of all SMART under Harbaugh."

"Alex Smith is playing really good though this year"

"The 49ers are for real."

"The niners are no joke"

"From what I've seen, they are very good but not deep at all."

"They'll be the most physical team we play this year"

"But make no mistake, San Fran is a decent team."

...and so on. No respect? Hardly. Quite the opposite. Plenty of respect, but more belief in the Lions. That's not disrespect, that's called being a fan of your team.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

October 12th, 2011, 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next