View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Stafford a Pro Bowler? 
National Champion

Post Re: Stafford a Pro Bowler?
mwill2 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I voted for the following Lions:

QB Matt Stafford
WR Calvin Johnson
TE Brandon Pettigrew
DT Ndamukong Suh
DE Cliff Avril
CB Chris Houston
K Jason Hanson
ST John Wendling

I think everyone of these guys at least deserves a vote from us, their fans. They have played well enough to deserve that level of our respect.

I voted for all those guys too, plus Tulloch. I'm wearing my Honolulu blue-tinted glasses today. \:D/

I think Tulloch deserves it though. Seriously compare him to other inside linebackers. He should be voted for...

November 3rd, 2011, 9:40 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
m2karateman wrote:
I voted for the following Lions:

QB Matt Stafford
WR Calvin Johnson
TE Brandon Pettigrew
DT Ndamukong Suh
DE Cliff Avril
CB Chris Houston
K Jason Hanson
ST John Wendling

I think everyone of these guys at least deserves a vote from us, their fans. They have played well enough to deserve that level of our respect.

I voted the same, there were a couple close ones also.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 3rd, 2011, 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

I've been voting a lot of the same guys. I like Pett but I've only been voting for him every other time because I feel like NO's Jimmy Graham and TG also deserve a ballot.

Here and there I've also been voting for Delmas and Spievey. They've been opportunistic and one of them should be considered as an alternate at least.

Another thing about Stafford is that he's competing with Brady in terms of productions. He has 4 less interceptions and only like a hundred or two less yards and 1 more td. Pretty neat.

November 3rd, 2011, 12:32 pm
RIP Killer

Footsoldier32 wrote:
I've been voting a lot of the same guys. I like Pett but I've only been voting for him every other time because I feel like NO's Jimmy Graham and TG also deserve a ballot.

Here and there I've also been voting for Delmas and Spievey. They've been opportunistic and one of them should be considered as an alternate at least.

Another thing about Stafford is that he's competing with Brady in terms of productions. He has 4 less interceptions and only like a hundred or two less yards and 1 more td. Pretty neat.

You do know you can vote for multiple players at a position on one ballot, right? Like, you vote for three QBs on one ballot, two or three TEs, four WRs......

So why not vote for Pett, Graham and Finley every time....or something like that?

November 3rd, 2011, 3:13 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

m2karateman wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:

You do know you can vote for multiple players at a position on one ballot, right? Like, you vote for three QBs on one ballot, two or three TEs, four WRs......

So why not vote for Pett, Graham and Finley every time....or something like that?

I believe you can only vote for two TE's at a time. I know you can vote for multiple players at a position but because there are more guys that are deserving than I can vote for him, I split them sometimes between my ballots. Sometimes I vote for Pettigrew and leave out Graham and sometimes I vote for Graham leaving out Pettigrew.

November 6th, 2011, 2:03 pm
Varsity Captain

um no.
he needs to study film of pro bowl qbs. he isnt even close.
i say start hill to get him seeing the field again. hes rattled(happens to every qb backus blind sides)
slingin it siderm.. lol. garbage

November 14th, 2011, 2:46 am
RIP Killer

BestAtMadden wrote:
um no.
i say start hill to get him seeing the field again. hes rattled(happens to every qb backus blind sides)

Wow.....easy to say after he's played the worst game of his pro career. How very brave of you.

November 14th, 2011, 9:13 am
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:
um no.

Wow.....easy to say after he's played the worst game of his pro career. How very brave of you.

I agree with you M2K. Stafford is in reality, only in his Sophomore season right now. As such, he is in a Sophomore slump, probably induced by his broken finger, which may be why he is side arming also. He might not be able to keep a good grip on the ball when slinging it over hand right now. It's admirable that he is trying to play through this injury. But, he should consider whether he is hurting the team while playing through it.

I find it interesting how fast people will turn on players. 5 weeks ago Stafford walked on water. This week he is Satan. It's called growing pains.

November 14th, 2011, 10:52 am
Junior Varsity

BillySims wrote:
I find it interesting how fast people will turn on players. 5 weeks ago Stafford walked on water. This week he is Satan. It's called growing pains.

I've been saying since mid October that his play wasn't as good as his numbers indicated. Since then, it's seemingly gone down hill further. I hope this is as some have claimed, simply a slump. This week I thought he started out well, the first two drives he looked decent but the turnovers by our WR's ended that.

November 14th, 2011, 11:16 am
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:
um no.

I was saying he's not a pro bowler a long time ago. He had good stats up until yesterday, but as far as play goes...he's not in the top 5 in my book.

November 14th, 2011, 1:01 pm
conversion02 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:
um no.

I was saying he's not a pro bowler a long time ago. He had good stats up until yesterday, but as far as play goes...he's not in the top 5 in my book.

I agree, he's never been an accurate passer at any level of the game. What makes people think he's going to change at 25+?

November 14th, 2011, 2:51 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:
um no.

The garbage comment was uncalled for. That's what I was responding to.

Yes, he's rattled, which is exactly why he should be replaced for a game. There was no reason for him to stay in the game yesterday after throwing that first pick six, let alone the second. He wasn't leading the team, and wasn't giving them the best chance to win. Shaun Hill can throw short to medium passes with much more accuracy. They were barely taking shots downfield. It is obvious to EVERYONE (including the other teams) that Stafford is jumping at shadows, and to rattle him you just have to say "boo".

He's been very inconsistent lately. Having him continue to play isn't solving the issue. Time to take another approach to wake him up. Bench him, and hold him accountable. And in truth, I'd probably sit Calvin for a quarter as well. His play yesterday was absolutely atrocious. Dropped passes and holding the ball like it was a lunchbox isn't how you play the game.

November 14th, 2011, 5:50 pm
Varsity Captain

:-&
m2karateman wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:
um no.

The garbage comment was uncalled for. That's what I was responding to.

Yes, he's rattled, which is exactly why he should be replaced for a game. There was no reason for him to stay in the game yesterday after throwing that first pick six, let alone the second. He wasn't leading the team, and wasn't giving them the best chance to win. Shaun Hill can throw short to medium passes with much more accuracy. They were barely taking shots downfield. It is obvious to EVERYONE (including the other teams) that Stafford is jumping at shadows, and to rattle him you just have to say "boo".

He's been very inconsistent lately. Having him continue to play isn't solving the issue. Time to take another approach to wake him up. Bench him, and hold him accountable. And in truth, I'd probably sit Calvin for a quarter as well. His play yesterday was absolutely atrocious. Dropped passes and holding the ball like it was a lunchbox isn't how you play the game.

i agree with you guys too. did you see how frustrated our defense was...???? playing tough all day, just to get thrown into fire again and again.. i never knew he had a fractured finger.. he has not talked about it. he just used the wind as an excuse. (morningweg??)
i watched saturday's georgia game with a georgia alum and asked if he liked stafford while he played there and he said he hated him.. i think stats are for losers, and i want a guy that can manage a game and not put our defense in the hot seat all day.. i hope something changes, but to watch a qb throw off his back foot all day makes me sick. "step up in the pocket instead of bailing out so quickly and get up on his balls of his feet." i still think it was garbage, but not all staff's fault. our o-line is still pathetic.
find a way to win. manage the game. win. linehan too.... get the f*******g job done. if i see cam have another "coming out party" vs. our squad next week i may puke again.. :-&

November 14th, 2011, 10:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2