View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 suh schwartz and goodell meeting 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Re: suh schwartz and goodell meeting
I think the meeting was more of a, "Hey you guys have a great commodity here in Suh and you are ruining it's potential." Especially with the good vs. evil crap. Suh is one of the few great players that is also a quality person off the field as well as being articulate and one of the better interviews you'll hear on radio talk shows. It's amazing the difference between a Suh interview and a Vick interview.

It's a little different because of the incident Lewis was accused of being involved in, but the league and even more so the media used to paint him in a bad light as well. They finally embraced him as a great ambassador for the sport when they realized he was playing the game with a pure love for the sport and that he was great with a microphone in his face. The NFL would survive without Suh but they are going to realize he is only going to help grow their product and will eventually embrace him.

November 3rd, 2011, 6:51 am
Modmin Dude

Post Re: suh schwartz and goodell meeting
PFT wrote:
Ndamukong Suh thinks he gets the star treatment in reverse
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 3, 2011, 8:14 AM EDT
Ndamukong Suh, Tom Brady AP

In every sport, accusations crop up from time to time that star athletes get special treatment from the officials. But Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is worried that he’s getting a different kind of special treatment.

Suh said after his meeting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell this week that while star quarterbacks get the calls they want, defensive players with notoriety often get too many calls against them.

“You look at Tom Brady,” Suh told the Detroit Free Press. “When he gets hit, you always wonder if there’s going to be a flag. It’s the sort of things that may be called for him that may not be called for other quarterbacks. That’s just because of his stature or how he is in the league. That’s the same thing with defensive players. I think my hits may look a little different because of the type of strength and athleticism I have, compared to some other defensive linemen. It’s just the way the world works.”

Suh said he was happy with his meeting, even if he and Goodell didn’t necessarily see eye to eye as they reviewed some of the plays for which he has drawn flags and fines.

“We looked over them, talked about them,” he said. “We had our opinions about them. Nobody in this world agrees on everything.”

Ultimately, Suh said, NFL fans should expect to see the same player they’ve seen for the last year and a half.

“I’m not going to change the way I play,” Suh said. “I feel that the way I’m playing and the way I have played in the past is continuing to play within the rules.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-reverse/

November 3rd, 2011, 10:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2