View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 8:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Embarrassing... 
Post Embarrassing...
I don't know who all went to the game, but that 1/2 time show was utterly embarrassing. If you didn't go to the game you may think that I'm being picky, or nitpicking, but it was HORRIBLE!!! We're on a national stage, with out-of-state fans coming in to watch a game here, and what do we do? We through a MIDDLE SCHOOL CHOIR group out there, all black, to rap... Really!?!?!? They sang a bunk version of Jay Z's "New York" and made it about Detroit. It was ungodly horrible.

Here's a pic:

October 11th, 2011, 3:48 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Embarrassing...
Quote:
MIDDLE SCHOOL CHOIR

OUCH! callin a buncha kids "ungodly horrible"?? lol You raise the bar sir! now I gotta go give the finger to a 3 year old just to keep up! I tip my hat to you! :twisted: :twisted:

October 11th, 2011, 3:58 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Trust me, middle school choir IS horrible! I want to punch kids in the face daily. That is just sad though about the half time show, thank God it wasn't televised. And remaking "New York" into Detroit is just plain lame. Where the hell was Eminem at?

October 11th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Quote:
I want to punch kids in the face daily

3 posts in and already up for my favorite thread of the year! LMAO

October 11th, 2011, 4:05 pm
Varsity Captain

I would of thought they would at least have Kid Rock or a few Motown greats. We also have plenty of great rockers in or from this state Whoever is responsible for this dropped the ball.

Sorry about the last line, I just couldn't resist :-"
I'm quite sure that WJB was not calling the kids themselves "ungodly horrible" but the whole idea.

National stage, we should be putting Detroit out there as great city worth taking a look at. =D>

October 11th, 2011, 4:08 pm
Boz wrote:
I would of thought they would at least have Kid Rock or a few Motown greats. We also have plenty of great rockers in or from this state Whoever is responsible for this dropped the ball.

Sorry about the last line, I just couldn't resist :-"
I'm quite sure that WJB was not calling the kids themselves "ungodly horrible" but the whole idea.

National stage, we should be putting Detroit out there as great city worth taking a look at. =D>

I agree... It was utterly embarrassing. I guaranty you that we had the lowest budget half time show in all of MNF in YEARS (or perhaps ever). IMO, stuff like that hurts our shot at getting future games. Don't get me wrong, I know its based primarily off of team performance, but when we do stupid stuff like that I think it just makes us look unprofessional as an organization.

We sold some 2000 extra standing room only seats for the game, which generated over $100,000 in extra revenue. You think we could have forked over $10-20k to have Kid Rock or Em show up for a song or two... Or worst case scenario an older MoTown group, or AWOL nation to sing "Sail"... They just did a free show at Magic Bag (I'm sure they got paid for it, but that's besides the point), I'm sure they would have been willing to do our 1/2 time show. Pathetic...

October 11th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I don't know who all went to the game, but that 1/2 time show was utterly embarrassing. If you didn't go to the game you may think that I'm being picky, or nitpicking, but it was HORRIBLE!!! We're on a national stage, with out-of-state fans coming in to watch a game here, and what do we do? We through a MIDDLE SCHOOL CHOIR group out there, all black, to rap... Really!?!?!? They sang a bunk version of Jay Z's "New York" and made it about Detroit. It was ungodly horrible.

Here's a pic:

You find the most idiodic things to bitch about. I wish someone who could actually allow themselves to enjoy the experience of going to a game like this got your ticket. This thread is embarrassing

October 11th, 2011, 4:24 pm
RIP Killer

At least you didn't have to put up with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders in front of us and up on all the huge screens last week at halftime. Oh wait!!!! :shock:

October 11th, 2011, 4:26 pm
Profile WWW

Pablo wrote:
At least you didn't have to put up with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders in front of us and up on all the huge screens last week at halftime. Oh wait!!!! :shock:

Ima classify this post as a kick to the groin! Lovin this thread! :lol: :lol: :lol:

October 11th, 2011, 4:30 pm
Killwill25 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Here's a pic:

You find the most idiodic things to bitch about. I wish someone who could actually allow themselves to enjoy the experience of going to a game like this got your ticket. This thread is embarrassing

Who said I didn't enjoy my time at the game? Really, I could care less about a 1/2 time show, and I rarely watch it. However, we've came a long way in terms of our personnel and the way we run the team, but we're STILL doing a HORRIBLE job managing Ford Field (hmmm, who's job is that!). It makes us look less than professional, and reflects badly on the team. I'm right to point it out. The fact that we put on an embarrassing 1/2 time show, and I called us out for it somehow suggests that my time at the game was less than stellar? Ridiculous...

October 11th, 2011, 4:34 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Here's a pic:

Who said I didn't enjoy my time at the game? Really, I could care less about a 1/2 time show, and I rarely watch it. However, we've came a long way in terms of our personnel and the way we run the team, but we're STILL doing a HORRIBLE job managing Ford Field (hmmm, who's job is that!). It makes us look less than professional, and reflects badly on the team. I'm right to point it out. The fact that we put on an embarrassing 1/2 time show, and I called us out for it somehow suggests that my time at the game was less than stellar? Ridiculous...

+1

I agree with WJB. This game was a HUGE event for the team, the fans, and the CITY. Detroit has stars. They should have used them in the halftime show. It really does positively represent the city and it really does boost Detroit's name when its own stars come back to do something like this and publicly support their roots. I wasn't at the game and I didn't see the halftime show so I can't debate the quality of the performance but I feel like having someone like Kid Rock or Eminem do a song or two for a halftime show would have really elevated this game to another level.

October 11th, 2011, 4:39 pm
QB Coach

Somebody posted wondering where eminem was, but DetroitLions.com listed that Kid Rock was in the locker room after the game, that was another half time show possibility.

But Emeinem posting his 8 mile song would have been appropriate!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 11th, 2011, 4:42 pm
Varsity Captain

Killwill, this not an idiotic thread by a long shot. The Detroit Lions owe the City and the People of Detroit a debt of graditude. Hundreds of thousands of fans, working class, those in poverty and even Medical Marijauna users have supported this team through some of the worst times in modern history.

We get an opportunity to show what we have in our souls and we put out a bunch of kids singing Kumbiaya (sp). #-o

October 11th, 2011, 5:13 pm
Varsity Captain

j/k, we could have done better, no offense to the kids =D>

October 11th, 2011, 5:15 pm
Junior Varsity

:oops: Actually, the thing I found embarrassing is the way my Bears played, LMFAO! Other than that, the in stadium halftime show isn't televised, thank GOD......

Eldridge Cleaver

Go get 'em, TIGERS!!! :)

October 11th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next