View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lions sign Leonard Davis 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions sign Leonard Davis
thelomasbrowns wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
Anyone else wonder why NO ONE else wanted this guy? Makes me question it, but hope he works out.

Yes, I've wondered that. Perhaps he had a lingering injury earlier in the year? Maybe his salary expectations were not what teams were willing to pay? It's hard to be certain. What I do know is that the Lions have only one backup guard/center (Dylan Gandy) and I've never been too impressed with him when he played. Peterman has been inconsistent, to put it kindly. I don't think he feels any pressure from Gandy pushing him. As such, having Davis inked should push a number of players. He's played four positions on the OL, and could step in at any of them. With Fox seemingly not impressing anyone in practices, and Cherilus not improving his play at a pace the Lions would like, this move makes good sense.

Where did you hear the thing about Fox not impressing anybody? As far as I know, he only recently returned to practice because of his foot injury. Not saying it's not true, but I hadn't heard anything like that.

before he suffered his most recent injury word was he was struggling. And the fact that it took him this long to recover from this injury is not a good sign. Fairley had surgery and came back sooner, even though he had a setback. They suffered their injuries at about the same time. Fox can't be counted on to be available at this point.

What roster move did the Lions make to create room for Davis on the roster?

November 7th, 2011, 11:55 am
League MVP

its about time they made this move

November 7th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Veteran General Manager

thelomasbrowns wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
Anyone else wonder why NO ONE else wanted this guy? Makes me question it, but hope he works out.

Yes, I've wondered that. Perhaps he had a lingering injury earlier in the year? Maybe his salary expectations were not what teams were willing to pay? It's hard to be certain. What I do know is that the Lions have only one backup guard/center (Dylan Gandy) and I've never been too impressed with him when he played. Peterman has been inconsistent, to put it kindly. I don't think he feels any pressure from Gandy pushing him. As such, having Davis inked should push a number of players. He's played four positions on the OL, and could step in at any of them. With Fox seemingly not impressing anyone in practices, and Cherilus not improving his play at a pace the Lions would like, this move makes good sense.

Where did you hear the thing about Fox not impressing anybody? As far as I know, he only recently returned to practice because of his foot injury. Not saying it's not true, but I hadn't heard anything like that.

It's really hard to look impressive when you can't get off the trainers table or the hot tub.

November 7th, 2011, 10:32 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

has there been any news about leonard davis on this team or has anyone heard anything? Wondering if we might see him play at some point this year.

December 7th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Footsoldier32 wrote:
has there been any news about leonard davis on this team or has anyone heard anything? Wondering if we might see him play at some point this year.

I think they brought him in as insurance for injuries/poor play--similar to Chris Harris. The O-line has been decent since Best went out and we discovered if we try to run the ball, we can.

December 7th, 2011, 7:24 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I do not know if there is a connection but Peterman certainly seems to have improved since.

December 8th, 2011, 1:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2