View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 8:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 RB Kevin Smith is back 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post RB Kevin Smith is back
Mlive wrote:
Detroit re-signs RB Kevin Smith with Jahvid Best still recovering from a concussion
Published: Monday, November 07, 2011, 1:10 PM Updated: Monday, November 07, 2011, 1:32 PM
By Anwar S. Richardson MLive.com

The Detroit Lions have re-signed running back Kevin Smith, according to ProFootballTalk.com.

Smith, who the Lions drafted out of Central Florida in the third round of the 2008 NFL draft, showed a lot of promise during a rookie season in which he gained 976 yards and scored eight touchdowns on 238 carries.

The 6-1, 217-pounder started 13 games in 2009 before suffering a season-ending injury to his left knee. He rushed for 747 yards and four touchdowns prior to his injury.

Smith was phased out of the offense with the arrival of Jahvid Best in 2010, however, and they decided not to make him an offer when he became a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

However, Best is dealing with concussion problems, which opened the door for Smith's return.

Detroit has not announced which players have been released due to signing of Smith and guard Leonard Davis.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2011/11/detroit_re-signs_rb_kevin_smit.html

November 7th, 2011, 2:37 pm
Junior Varsity

Post Re: RB Kevin Smith is back
It's a sad day...I'd rather see what Tiki has in the tank.

November 7th, 2011, 2:59 pm
QB Coach

WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
It's a sad day...I'd rather see what Tiki has in the tank.

I think the fact that every single NFL team has stayed far away from Tiki says a lot about him. He was such a bad apple in the locker room that no team wants to bring him on board. Plus, I'd guess that he just doesn't have the skills to do it anymore. That's just a guess though.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 7th, 2011, 3:21 pm
RIP Killer

I'm surprised they went with Smith over Brown, guess they wanted more of a workhorse than a speedster.

November 7th, 2011, 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
I'm surprised they went with Smith over Brown, guess they wanted more of a workhorse than a speedster.

I am going to guess that the players released will be Eldra Buckley and either Don Carey or Anthony Madison. We have more than enough CBs on the roster, and Buckley is garbage.

November 7th, 2011, 4:13 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Here's your answer:
KFFL wrote:
Lions | Two players released
Mon, 07 Nov 2011 13:21:55 -0800

The Detroit Lions have released RB Eldra Buckley and CB Anthony Madison.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0#ixzz1d3cZTa62

November 7th, 2011, 5:30 pm
League MVP

buckley was garbage but not sure smith helps all that much, he s not a burner and he doesnt have power but on the plus side he can block and catch it out of the backfield

November 7th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He should finally be healthy and he somewhat knows the playbook. I hope he can give us some good football in the final stretch of games. I've always wanted him to do well because we share the same birthday(Dec 17)

So does Chase Utley, manny Pacquiao, and Milla Jovavich but who's keeping track 8)

November 7th, 2011, 9:04 pm
Veteran General Manager

Yay. I missed watching him audition for dancing with the stars until the defense closes in on him before he starts to run forward.

November 7th, 2011, 10:37 pm

The guy knows the offense and is more valuable to the team at this point than Buckley. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think this is really about Best (at least not yet).

November 8th, 2011, 10:10 am
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
The guy knows the offense and is more valuable to the team at this point than Buckley. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think this is really about Best (at least not yet).

I think you're right. I think Smith is an improvement over Buckley. However, I think Brown would be an improvement over Smith.

It almost seems as if Schwartz and Linehan are resigned to the fact that a speed back isn't a fit in this offense, and that they need someone who is a one cut, north south runner.

Which, of course, makes me wonder why they signed "Happy Feet" Smith? :-k

November 8th, 2011, 10:24 am
National Champion

m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

I think you're right. I think Smith is an improvement over Buckley. However, I think Brown would be an improvement over Smith.

It almost seems as if Schwartz and Linehan are resigned to the fact that a speed back isn't a fit in this offense, and that they need someone who is a one cut, north south runner.

I, for one, am really looking forward to some more 2-3 yard Kevin Smith running plays...

November 8th, 2011, 10:29 am
Junior Varsity

m2karateman wrote:
...Schwartz and Linehan are resigned to the fact that a speed back isn't a fit in this offense, and that they need someone who is a one cut, north south runner.

I thought the same thing.

November 8th, 2011, 10:54 am

m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

As I mentioned before, I think they were kicking the wheels on AB for when and if Best goes on IR. I think they honestly believe Best will be back soon, and that's why they didn't bring Brown (a poor man's Best) in.

November 8th, 2011, 11:55 am

Doe's'nt everyon have happy feet when they play behind Daniel Loper and George Foster, And Manny Ramirez. Plus a young Gosder. I don't think it's fair to judge how he did behind those guys. I'm not calling him a good player by any means but I don't think he sucks as much as people say he does. Williams and Morris are much better than he is

November 8th, 2011, 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next