View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 5:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Predictions: Lions @ Bears 

Who take this huge NFC North game?
Detroit 60%  60%  [ 18 ]
Chicago 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Too close to call 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 30

Predictions: Lions @ Bears 
Heisman Winner

Post Predictions: Lions @ Bears
It goes without saying that this is a very piviotal game in a lot of ways for both teams. I really think it's a flip of the coin. It totally depends on how much energy we come out with after having had a bye week.

If we come out and grab a lead early 10-3 or 14-0, I think that Chicago is in big trouble. That totally plays into our hands defensively. If Chicago avoids the Monday night hangover and we come out flat, it could be a long day for us.

Detroit 30

Chicago 27

in OT :cheers:

November 9th, 2011, 10:34 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: Predictions: Lions @ Bears
Lions- 27
Bears- 24

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 9th, 2011, 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'm more worried about this game than the game against the Saints. Chicago has been playing very well lately. Their DL is bringing the pressure very well with the front four and their OL is playing extremely well, protecting Cutler (who has been playing out of his mind when he gets under pressure - remember how we could never seem to bring him down?).

I think this game is going to be a huge let down for us. The lions better be healthy after the bye, better find a way to shut down Forte, and find a way to disrupt that OL that has been playing very, very well. Also, they better find those holes in that zone defense for CJ and Titus.

My key to this game - getting Titus open in the slot and establishing ball control with the run.

November 9th, 2011, 1:10 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

conversion02 wrote:
I'm more worried about this game than the game against the Saints. Chicago has been playing very well lately. Their DL is bringing the pressure very well with the front four and their OL is playing extremely well, protecting Cutler (who has been playing out of his mind when he gets under pressure - remember how we could never seem to bring him down?).

I think this game is going to be a huge let down for us. The lions better be healthy after the bye, better find a way to shut down Forte, and find a way to disrupt that OL that has been playing very, very well. Also, they better find those holes in that zone defense for CJ and Titus.

My key to this game - getting Titus open in the slot and establishing ball control with the run.

This game was always going to be close. Lovie gets a lot of heat in Chicago, but he always seems to get the most of out mediocre (or aging) talent.

November 9th, 2011, 1:15 pm
RIP Killer

The one thing to our favor - we're coming off the bye and Chicago's on a short week (MNF game)

Also, Devin Hester got hurt (ankle) in the 4th quarter of that game and couldn't put much weight on it throughout the quarter.

November 9th, 2011, 1:19 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm actually scared about this game, but I think the Lions will prevail because of the reasons C02 stated above. However, if the Lions aren't able to get to Cutler, it could be a long day. With that said:
LIONS 24 BEARS 20

November 9th, 2011, 1:43 pm

conversion02 wrote:
The one thing to our favor - we're coming off the bye and Chicago's on a short week (MNF game)

Also, Devin Hester got hurt (ankle) in the 4th quarter of that game and couldn't put much weight on it throughout the quarter.

I think you also have to put in the revenge factor for the opener last season.

November 9th, 2011, 1:57 pm
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:

I voted for the Lions but I could have gone with "To Close To Call".

I fully agree with your analysis, but I think the Lions can win by the thinest of margins. Bears are favored by 3; I expect the Lions will win but won't cover.

If the Lions winning is dependant upon your keys to the game then we'll lose because I don't see either of those things happening.

Note to Schwartz: If we end up in overtime, don't rely on Marty Morningweg to help you out.

November 9th, 2011, 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

LionFan57 wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I voted for the Lions but I could have gone with "To Close To Call".

I fully agree with your analysis, but I think the Lions can win by the thinest of margins. Bears are favored by 3; I expect the Lions will win but won't cover.If the Lions winning is dependant upon your keys to the game then we'll lose because I don't see either of those things happening.

Note to Schwartz: If we end up in overtime, don't rely on Marty Morningweg to help you out.

Uhhhhh..if that line is correct, the Lions will cover even if they lose by 2 pts much less win the game outright. :wink:

November 9th, 2011, 2:45 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Predictions: Lions @ Bears / Jason Hanson out!
Hold the phone here!

If Jason Hanson is indeed out for Sunday... we may not win this game after all.

Subject: 2011 Injury Thread

November 9th, 2011, 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:

Don't we play the Saints in New Orleans? Better start worrying, because the Saints are unbeaten at home this year so far, and have dominated their opponents there.

Key will be to pressure AND contain Cutler, only after reducing Forte's impact on the game. The Lions have to score first, get up by about 10 or more, and then force Martz to call pass plays to receivers who struggle to get open and catch the ball.

If the Lions do that, they stand a chance. Also, I'd replace Durant with Carpenter if that happens, and tell Bobby to stick to Forte like glue. He leaves the backfield, you go with him. He runs the ball, you mug him at the line. He stays in to block, you add pressure but keep Forte in front of you.

November 9th, 2011, 6:55 pm
QB Coach

I'm a little concerned about this game. I was at the MNF game in Philly this week and the Bears looked pretty good. In particular, their offensive line and Cutler looked really good. I mean, they gave up no sacks to a Philly D that is pretty good at getting after the QB. Cutler had a few bad throws, but overall he looked really good. Even Roy Williams had a couple plays.

The Lions D is much better than Philly's though, so hopefully they can derail the Bears O.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 9th, 2011, 6:59 pm
Walk On

I'm on record as a Bear fan who follows & likes the Lions because I've lived here for 15 years ... so with that said:

- I was at FF on MNF, and in my opinion it was the crowd that won the game. Cutler played tough, but the Bears definitely folded offensively, because of the crowd's impact. Martz's scheme might have contributed - but if you were there you'd know what I know - that was the loudest & best sports crowd I've ever heard in my life (and I've been to a lot of games in a lot of sports). This game is in Chicago - and that is going to be a huge difference.

- The Bears Oline is nothing close to the one seen in FF. Lance Louis at RT has been nothing short of a revelation. Lions fans can probably understand the surprise, after watching Woody struggle at RG and then play well at RT (and ultimately playing there for the Jets for a few more years). The Bear Oline's development is a really big deal.

- Earl Bennett's injury in NO really hurt the Bears, with Olsen gone & (don't laugh) Roy Williams being out for several weeks. Bennett, and Wiilliams to a lesser extent, gives the Bears toughness at WR that was not present in FF. Other than Forte, the Bear passing game was not a threat until recently. Now it is, and the offense has been very balanced.

- Lovie put a spark into the D by cutting, sitting & not activating some players (Chris Harris, Merriweather, Adams) that were simply not doing the job. Since then, the D has been stellar - fast & hard-hitting. Even the Eagles looked slow against them the way they're playing right now.

Bottom line: This is a much different Bear team than the one that showed up a Ford Field, and it is on a roll & playing at home. Plus the Lion running game is a problem.

I'll guess:

Bears 31
Lions 24

Regardless, there's not going to be a bigger Lion fan on Turkey Day than me! :D

November 9th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
I'm a little concerned about this game. I was at the MNF game in Philly this week and the Bears looked pretty good. In particular, their offensive line and Cutler looked really good. I mean, they gave up no sacks to a Philly D that is pretty good at getting after the QB. Cutler had a few bad throws, but overall he looked really good. Even Roy Williams had a couple plays.

I heard some analysis here in Chicago that the Bears O-line struggles more with blitzes (see the N.O. game) than with front-four pressure. Philly apparently didn't do much blitzing. I would expect Gun to dial up some exotic stuff for Sunday.

November 9th, 2011, 8:53 pm
Veteran General Manager

I expect Pettigrew to be in a roll of double teaming Peppers all game. This should increase Sheffs targets.

Defensively, I think Gunny was holding back something in the 1st game that he will unveil this week. I also think we will use a lot of 5 man D-line to shut Forte down. And with Forte shut down, you shut down 45% of the Bears offense.

I also expect us to either kick it though the back of the endzone, or, kick to the corners of the field. If it goes out of bounds, so what? Better that than to have Hester get a return TD.

Lions 37

Bears 30

November 9th, 2011, 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next