View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Predictions: Lions @ Bears 

Who take this huge NFC North game?
Detroit 60%  60%  [ 18 ]
Chicago 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Too close to call 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 30

Predictions: Lions @ Bears 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: Predictions: Lions @ Bears
My prediction for Det Vs. Atlanta

Atl. 35 Lions 14.

My prediction for Det. Vs. Broncos

Lions 50 Denver 3

My prediction for Det. Vs. Chicago

Lions 45 Bears 27

Staffords got his groove back.

November 10th, 2011, 2:23 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Another aspect that hasn't really been discussed: Bears are starting a third-round rookie safety, Chris Conte, who both the Bucs and Eagles decided (inexplicably) not to test. Major Wright is only in his second year and has been up and down. Think Calvin's going to get some deep looks?

November 10th, 2011, 12:39 pm
Walk On

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Another aspect that hasn't really been discussed: Bears are starting a third-round rookie safety, Chris Conte, who both the Bucs and Eagles decided (inexplicably) not to test. Major Wright is only in his second year and has been up and down. Think Calvin's going to get some deep looks?

Major Wright is actually the weaker link. Conte's been decent. He's got good size, speed & instincts... and a pretty decent tackler. The Bears are protecting him by keeping him 20 yards from the LOS and discguising coverages (which is how Wright got his INT last week). Mike Brown played way back there too. The Bears can afford to do that because of Urlacher's range.

No doubt Megatron will make his mark - he's nearly unstoppable. But the whole point of keeping the FS so deep is to stop what happened at NO and FF (the long strike TDs) from happening again, and forcing teams to march down the field. And that is alway why Chris Harris is not a Bear... he just wouldn't stop letting people behind him.

November 10th, 2011, 12:52 pm
RIP Killer

Wright only got that pick because Briggs tipped it, otherwise, Wright was out of position and late on both the ball and the receiver.

November 10th, 2011, 12:58 pm
Walk On

conversion02 wrote:
Wright only got that pick because Briggs tipped it, otherwise, Wright was out of position and late on both the ball and the receiver.

My point was not to compliment Wright - who like I said is the weaker link. My point was that the Bears are protecting their young safeties fairly well.

Your're defintely right about the tip - but it was caused by a disguised coverage. Briggs tipped it because they showed Vick the Cover 2 & then quickly switched to a 3 deep before the snap. Briggs was where Vick didn't expect, and Vick threw it pretty much right at Briggs. Wright got the tip from Briggs - but Briggs should have gotten the INT.

The defensive line, LBs and DJ Moore have also been doing a really good job of keeping pressure on the QB - even an super-mobile guy like Vick.

November 10th, 2011, 1:11 pm
Hall of Fame Player

The Detroit News wrote:
November 10. 2011 1:00AM.
Lions: Notebook

Jay Cutler tells Lions 'Let's take it outside'

Chris McCosky/ The Detroit News

Allen Park— During a terse teleconference with the media Wednesday, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler implied the Lions were an indoor team and might have a problem playing in the elements at Soldier Field on Sunday.

"We're going to be outside, not in a dome," he said. "We're going to be on grass. It's going to be a different environment for them. … a totally different ballgame. They don't have that advantage on their side this time, so it is going to be on our side."

The Lions obviously aren't disputing playing outdoors in Chicago in November is different than playing inside the dome at Ford Field, they just don't view it as a major disadvantage.

"We've been a good road team this year," shrugged coach Jim Schwartz. "We played outdoors in Denver, right? Tampa is outdoors, if I am not mistaken."

The Soldier Field grass is typically high and soft, a much slower track than the Lions prefer.

"It's pretty nasty," receiver Nate Burleson said. "It'll start to rise up after we dig into it quarter after quarter. But at the same time, it's football. When I was playing little league I played on rocks, gravel and dirt and I was moving fast. It doesn't matter."

Quarterback Matthew Stafford wore a glove on his throwing hand during practice Wednesday — for two reasons. One, he jammed a finger on his throwing hand against Denver, and two, he may need a glove Sunday if the weather turns wet or frosty.

"It helps with the grip," he said. "I just wanted to try it out, just in case I need it."

Stafford was raised in Dallas and played at Georgia, so he hasn't played much in inclement weather.

"Some of those games in the playoffs in high school got pretty cold, like into the 50s," he said. "At Georgia we played in warm weather most of the time."

Early forecasts show temperatures in the mid-50s Sunday with a 30 percent chance of rain.

Strange scenario
How about the plight of new Lions safety Chris Harris?

Five weeks ago he was starting for the Bears against the Lions on Monday night and had one of the worst games of his career.

Chicago waived him and he wound up with Detroit, where his first game is at Soldier Field.

"This league is very unpredictable," he said. "It's going to be fun — different, for sure, but fun."

Harris had been with the Bears since they drafted him in the sixth round in 2005. But the Bears made the move to go young, with rookie Chris Conte and second year player Major Wright .

"It's more of an anxiousness than anything else," Harris said about facing his former team. "I don't have any bitterness toward Chicago. This is a business, and the quicker you learn that, the better of you'll be."

Contrary to popular belief, the staff hasn't been picking Harris' brain for insider information.

"There's not much help to be gained there," Schwartz said. "These two teams know each other. There's not a whole lot to be gleaned from Chris, just like there wouldn't be if they grabbed one of our players."

Extra points
For the second consecutive day, running back Jahvid Best (concussion) and defensive tackle Sammie Hill (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.

Best is not expected to play Sunday, though he has not been officially ruled out.

Hill played and finished the Denver game, but was limited in practice that week.

… Special teams ace Rashied Davis (foot) was limited.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111110/SPO ... z1dK5gSPba

Interesting spin on Chris Harris. I expect the Bears to target Harris when he's on the field. They cut him for a reason so they'll likely try to trip him up early.

The bottom line here is they are going to try to get to Stafford as much as possible and rattle his cage. I hope our O-Line is up for the task.

I'm not to worried about the weather; it won't be that bad Sunday. January in Green Bay is another story.

We have no kicking game so we can't allow our drives to stall!

November 10th, 2011, 1:16 pm
Profile WWW

LionFan57 wrote:
Interesting spin on Chris Harris. I expect the Bears to target Harris when he's on the field. They cut him for a reason so they'll likely try to trip him up early.

I doubt Harris will see the field on Sunday. He doesn't really play ST, and Spievey and Delmas are good to go.

November 10th, 2011, 1:33 pm
Team MVP

Stop Forte and we stop the Bears. I really believe its as simple as that. Based on the receivers weve faced this year, does Earl Bennet, Roy Williams, Sanzenbacher, Johnny Knox..etc really scare the Lions? It'll be tough. The Bears are a different team than they were in Week 5. At the same time, we have an upgrade in a healthy Fairley....

So lets rock n roll.

Im gonna say its gonna be a really tough one..

But..

Lions 24 Bears 23

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 10th, 2011, 2:24 pm
RIP Killer

Earl Bennett is no joke. He's a good player that can get open and has very good hands. He has very good body control and runs quality routes. He's a good player, but I believe our CBs match up pretty well with him.

The biggest key to shutting down Chicago's WRs - JAM THEM at the line! We're awful at that, but if you do, you disrupt the Martz timing and pressure Cutler, who has to make something of nothing by hoping Forte is open in the flat.

November 10th, 2011, 5:09 pm
Div 1 - Starter

IMHO, this is a must-win game for both teams. The Lions really need to win this one because they could rack up three losses going up against Green Bay (twice) and New Orleans, which means that their best finish would be 11-5 if they can beat San Diego and Chicago. It's possible that 10-6 might not guarantee a wild card spot this year.

November 10th, 2011, 6:30 pm
RIP Killer

Cutler played the game of his life on Monday night in Detroit. Does anyone really think he will have two games like that against the Lions?

The game plan needs to contain Forte and take chances with Cutler and the Chicago WR/TEs. I'm willing to live with that.

Special teams scare me in this game, this is where the game could take some twist and turns - I'm not so willing to live with that.

Don't forget, the Lions have had two weeks to prepare while Chicago is coming off a short week. Lions move to 5-0 on the road - WOW!

Da Lions 27
Da Bears 17

November 10th, 2011, 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

The bears are playing well, but the eagles defense looked not so dreamy once again, I think we need to take the focus off the pass rush and dial up blitzes focused on the run. Our backs are better than their Wrs so pass rush blitzing will also be a good option since Chicago has done alot of Max protecct schemes. On offense I see oppurtunity to throw deep if there is anyway to hold peppers off until Stafford can set his feet. This game does scare me since the bears are looking more and more like an ATL or SF team that doesn't allow offenses to get into rythm.

November 10th, 2011, 8:26 pm

None of the national idiots on this week's hype train (The Bears) realizes THE EAGLES' DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR WAS THEIR OFFENSIVE LINE COACH LAST YEAR!!! ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!?

November 10th, 2011, 11:55 pm
League MVP

the key matchup is our pass protection - Julius peppers is again dinged up w a knee problem and has not practiced yet this week. stafford has not had problems moving the ball against bears teams who in the past had a larger personnel advantage. w peppers slowed done or possibly out on the short week, the chances for stafford to make mistakes and turn it over are big (edit - meant reduced or less or some other synonym). whoever punts for us needs to keep it away from hester and hanson needs to do the same but weather might stop him from kicking into touchbacks. should be a win for us unless the bears get big plays on special teams

Lions 28
Bears 16

Last edited by The Legend on November 11th, 2011, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 11th, 2011, 5:16 am
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
the key matchup is our pass protection - Julius peppers is again dinged up w a knee problem and has not practiced yet this week. stafford has not had problems moving the ball against bears teams who in the past had a larger personnel advantage. w peppers slowed done or possibly out on the short week, the chances for stafford to make mistakes and turn it over are big. whoever punts for us needs to keep it away from hester and hanson needs to do the same but weather might stop him from kicking into touchbacks. should be a win for us unless the bears get big plays on special teams

Lions 28
Bears 16

Wait...so you're saying that theres more of a chance for Stafford to make mistakes or turn it over if Peppers is OUT?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 11th, 2011, 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next