View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears II 
Walk On

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Bears II
m2karateman wrote:
I don't condone what Stafford did. He was getting blocked, cleanly, by DJ Moore. Stafford got over-heated and reacted. But I am certain it was not with the intention to hurt DJ Moore, but rather he just wanted the guy to get off him. Moore got up, saw Stafford still on the ground, and essentially tried to knee him in the head. What a freakin' pussy....

Why not knee him in the head? Stafford threw him by the head. I guess they're both cheap shot pussies. lol

November 15th, 2011, 7:37 pm
RIP Killer

I.E. wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
I don't condone what Stafford did. He was getting blocked, cleanly, by DJ Moore. Stafford got over-heated and reacted. But I am certain it was not with the intention to hurt DJ Moore, but rather he just wanted the guy to get off him. Moore got up, saw Stafford still on the ground, and essentially tried to knee him in the head. What a freakin' pussy....

Why not knee him in the head? Stafford threw him by the head. I guess they're both cheap shot pussies. lol

Hey genius...who got thrown out of the game? THAT is why you don't knee him in the head.

And Stafford DID NOT throw him by the head. Yes, his right hand caught the back of his helmet, but most of the toss took place by Stafford grabbing his jersey with his left hand and falling backward, thereby using the gravity of his fall to develop the momentum to catapult that pissball down the field.

Like I said, Moore doesn't react like that if it isn't Stafford. He doesn't pull that act if it's one of the linemen that did it to him.

November 15th, 2011, 10:37 pm
RIP Killer

And he wouldn't have retaliated at all had the game been close. Did you see that pud cheering the crowd on and laughing when he got tossed

November 15th, 2011, 11:05 pm
3rd Round Selection

I.E. wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

If you can't see the difference between getting your hands in the wrong place during a play and committing a penalty and going after someone after the play and committing a penalty, there's little hope for you in this discussion.

Players mess up all the time during plays. It's not uncommon. Yes, it's still their fault for doing it, but there's that element of doubt there: did the guy go for the illegal play fully intentionally, or did he just get his hands/body/legs in the wrong place at the wrong time by accident? On the other hand with Moore, you have a player who by his actions (after the whistle, hitting a player he was disengaged from and was on the ground) and his words (admitting it was revenge) deliberately attacked another player.

That's the difference between playing hard football that risks going over the line and attacking someone in a way that has nothing to do with football. That's the difference between staying in the game and being ejected.

But it's the Lions that are the dirty team. Yeah right.

Sorry, if the Lions are a dirty team then the Bears with the ejected and cheered Moore are a dirty team too.

November 16th, 2011, 6:47 am
Rookie Player of the Year

I'm just glad that we're not the little mentally handicapped brother of the league anymore. We have to get back to our winning ways, but I'd rather be nasty than weak.

November 16th, 2011, 8:00 am
RIP Killer

A question to ask yourself from the game Sunday. Why did the Bears move Peppers around, and not just have him go against Backus all the time?

I know what my answer is. I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks. I don't think they did that in their first meeting.

November 16th, 2011, 10:48 am
Rookie Player of the Year

m2karateman wrote:
A question to ask yourself from the game Sunday. Why did the Bears move Peppers around, and not just have him go against Backus all the time?

I know what my answer is. I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks. I don't think they did that in their first meeting.

Semi-related--did anybody else notice Hilliard was in on certain downs? It might have been third and long situations--I was too mortified by the course of the game to play close attention.

November 16th, 2011, 10:53 am
Modmin Dude

m2karateman wrote:

I'd like to know why they don't have Suh do the same thing.

November 16th, 2011, 1:54 pm
Walk On

I'm not going talk re: the Stafford thing anymore. If you guys interpreted an innocent play on his part, then fine. If he isn't fined, then you'll know the league agrees with you. If he is, then the whole idea about "who got ejected" doesn't matter - it only means the officials didn't see the first offender (which frequently happens).

On Peppers playing inside, a think they thought:

- he'd have a decent day against Backus, but even better luck inside
- it would have more of an impact on Stafford, vs no-names like Melton & Adams, who they've been disappointed with at times
- putting Peppers on the inside makes the guys on either side of him even better, because of the attention he draws

They've been thin at DE though - and having Peppers inside exposes them at RDE. So that explains the moves this week (cutting Nick Reed & signing a more experienced guy in Chauncey Davis). Plus with Corey Wooton supposed to be coming back, they'll be able to move Peppers around more... probably in the plans.

November 16th, 2011, 2:06 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I'm not sure anyone suggested that Stafford's play was innocent. He clearly grabbed the helmet and it should have been a penalty. It looks like the officials missed it, as calls are missed on virtually every play.

And while I disagree with your assessment of Stafford's tackle as "cheap," I can at least accept your opinion as a legitimate point of view. However, you'll have to remember your perspective on this matter the next time you see a Bears player pull a guy's face mask or helmet, make a horse-collar tackle, or launch into another player by the helmet. You'll have to argue that your guy is also playing "cheap" or "dirty," and that your player is "an instigator." It happens all the time, so you'll have lots of chances to test your consistency.

The only question I have about this point of view is: why aren't there more fights in the NFL? Helmets come off all the time. They are pulled off (accidentally, deliberately), knocked off, grabbed twisted, etc.--and it happens several times in nearly every game. If illegal tackles (horse collars, face masks, helmet grabbing, helmet-to-helmet hits) are considered "cheap" or "instigating," why don't we see brawls in every game?

November 16th, 2011, 3:25 pm
Walk On

mwill2 wrote:
And while I disagree with your assessment of Stafford's tackle as "cheap," I can at least accept your opinion as a legitimate point of view. However, you'll have to remember your perspective on this matter the next time you see a Bears player pull a guy's face mask or helmet, make a horse-collar tackle, or launch into another player by the helmet. You'll have to argue that your guy is also playing "cheap" or "dirty," and that your player is "an instigator." It happens all the time, so you'll have lots of chances to test your consistency.

The only question I have about this point of view is: why aren't there more fights in the NFL? Helmets come off all the time. They are pulled off (accidentally, deliberately), knocked off, grabbed twisted, etc.--and it happens several times in nearly every game. If illegal tackles (horse collars, face masks, helmet grabbing, helmet-to-helmet hits) are considered "cheap" or "instigating," why don't we see brawls in every game?

I've already proved it - I said Moore should have been penalized & thrown out. He was provoked by Staffort - but he still instigated the entire brawl. My earlier question about why not knee someone's head was just being facetious... obviously... neither Moore or Stafford are pussies - that was just a silly attempt to try to fire me up. lol

Why not many brawls? Lots of obvious reasons. Guys don't want to be thrown out - especially in closer games. And most players just accept that the other guy will get a penalty, and it will help his team.

In this case the Bears were completely smoking the Lions, and Moore had the opportunity to strike back without it being at the potential cost of the game...simple as that. I'm pretty sure after the first MNF debacle that the entire team was ready to respond to any attempts at intimidation with "intensity of their own". The Lions are going to start getting a lot of this - which was my entire point here.

November 16th, 2011, 4:51 pm
Modmin Dude

November 16th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Walk On

TheRealWags wrote:

ROFL! Did you see those ghey GQ pics 2 years ago?

November 16th, 2011, 7:28 pm
Modmin Dude

I.E. wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:

ROFL! Did you see those ghey GQ pics 2 years ago?

He did GQ?!?!?!? :shock:
:lol:

November 16th, 2011, 11:52 pm
3rd Round Selection

I.E. wrote:
I'm not going talk re: the Stafford thing anymore. If you guys interpreted an innocent play on his part, then fine. If he isn't fined, then you'll know the league agrees with you. If he is, then the whole idea about "who got ejected" doesn't matter - it only means the officials didn't see the first offender (which frequently happens).

I fully expect Stafford to get fined, because it was an illegal play which the refs missed.

I completely disagree that this will mean that "the whole idea about "who got ejected" doesn't matter". I fully expect Stafford to get fined less than Moore and to be taking the field next Sunda, unlike Moore. I fully expect Moore to be the only player suspended for a game out of the Bears vs Lions match. And that is because Moore's action was clearly the worst piece of dirty play in that game.

And that's the point. A Bears player commits the worst foul of the game (note worst - not only), is ejected and cheered out of the stadium. But the talk the next day is about the dirty Lions. WTF?

November 17th, 2011, 5:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next