View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 8:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Time for a new Special Teams coach? 
QB Coach

Post Re: Time for a new Special Teams coach?
FootballWiz wrote:
I am kinda suprised people are calling for the firing of crossman and not LINEHAN..I had hopes for linehan but i cant stand watching what i have called our "horizontal offense"...nothing in our offense is north south..always in shotgun.quick passes to the flats.
We are not using the talent we have on offense. we need to get vertical in passing game. and use best as a great change if pace back in a power run game.

I think you're nuts. The quick passes are because the o-line can't protect for a long time. Plus, the personnel on the team aren't built for a power running game, so i don't know where you're getting that idea from. I think Linehan has done a good job. As Bill Parcells used to say: Play calling is overrated. Execution is underrated.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 14th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I'm surprised anyone is calling for the firing of any coaches. The Lions have been firing coaches for the past decade and it's gotten the team nowhere. If we want to see change, we need consistency in the coaching staff.

November 14th, 2011, 4:15 pm
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
FootballWiz wrote:
I am kinda suprised people are calling for the firing of crossman and not LINEHAN..I had hopes for linehan but i cant stand watching what i have called our "horizontal offense"...nothing in our offense is north south..always in shotgun.quick passes to the flats.
We are not using the talent we have on offense. we need to get vertical in passing game. and use best as a great change if pace back in a power run game.

I think you're nuts. The quick passes are because the o-line can't protect for a long time. Plus, the personnel on the team aren't built for a power running game, so i don't know where you're getting that idea from. I think Linehan has done a good job. As Bill Parcells used to say: Play calling is overrated. Execution is underrated.

Actually, he's not completely off base here TDJ. The Lions aren't taking the shots downfield that they should. You have a fast, big receiver in Calvin who can outjump just about every CB out there. Why are they not taking more shots downfield? The o-line excuse is not exactly correct. It doesn't take Calvin but a couple seconds to get downfield. Throw the ball up with some air. Let Calvin go get it. I am not a fan of Linehan's play calling. He is predictable and not very imaginative.

But, the fact is, our coverage units have SUCKED this entire year. That isn't Linehan's fault. Lord knows we could use some better playcalling on offense, but the special teams coverage has just been awful. Crossman may be respected around the league, but he ain't making no friends in this city.

November 14th, 2011, 6:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2